Notices

Old 19 Aug 13, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
USA 2013- New York, Hawaii, LA & San Fran Trip Report. Day 6: Settling Into Aulani In Hawaii

Day 6: Settling into Aulani!, Sun 28th

Today's plan was to investigate the resort and we were up with the larks and down by the pool by 7am. The pool didn't open till 8 and we found a little grab and go place for breakfast called the Olelo room, first task was to buy the refillable mugs $18 each for the duration of your stay, which for us was 10 days so it was a good deal! We bought a yoghurt, fruit and granola pot from here which was delicious although pricey at $6.50. We sat here for a while and soaked up the atmosphere, we couldn't believe we were actually here! Next to this little cafe is the Makihini restaurant where the character dining is, it also does buffet and al a carte dining at lunch and in the evening. Now I won't lie, the place is pricey and by the end of day 1 I was shocked at how much we had spent ha ha but couldn't let that spoil the holiday .

So what did the boys manage to cram in on day 1? Or should I say what did they not? We started off with lazy river on the rings, then took the rings up to the slides. They then played around in the pool then decided they wanted to investigate Auntys Beach House they had heard so much about. Now all I can say is I wish I was a kid again ! We signed them up for Space Goo with Stitch and Eruption Disruption for later in the day. Now that we had registered them they could go to the club as long as they wanted for free during the stay, most activities are complimentary but if you are planning to get them into something that has a cost e.g. Surfs Up with Chip and Dale the book before you go as we couldn't get them in during the stay, don't wait till you get there as you will be disappointed. So off they went to their first activity, they gave us a phone so we could be contacted if they wanted to leave and they were off! Now this was weird! We have never been on hols with the kids and not been with them, what were we going to do... Ok sunbathe it was. After collecting them from Space Goo we had lunch and went to Rainbow Reef to buy the pass. You can either pay $10 for one swim or $15 which is for the duration of your stay (adults was $15 or $20), your DVC discount works here and in the shops but not in any food places. Oli wasn't sure about Rainbow Reef as had never snorkelled before so decided not to do it but Marcus was off just in time for feeding the fish. Note there is also a place to see Sharks and Stingrays at the mariott hotel next door which is foc but you can't swim with them, you don't need to be a hotel guest to go in.

At 2pm the Pool party started and they had fun and games with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. Then it was time to head back for Eruption Disruption and again we were left to our own devices while they had fun! They enjoyed the activities and Oli was really keen to just go in and play - who wouldn't it was like a kids wonderland of movie room, workshop, outside play area, room full of different computer games and of course the activity room. They also did lots of fun things with them throughout the day. When we went back to collect them I was intrigued to know how they knew exactly where in the beach house they were located, that was when I found out the bands they were have a tracking device and can locate their exact spot!

We decided it was time to head out to stock up and found the nearest Wallmart which had very little food! So jumped back in car and found a target where we stocked up on the essentials. As we were heading back we found an Outback,this is Marcus' favourite so we decided to eat here. A blooming onion was a must, boys had Joey steaks and we had steak too which came to $75. A lot of families we met headed out to Kapolei for restaurants which they said were more reasonably priced as the resort was expensive to eat in, however it's not too far so worth giving it a try. Another early night as we were shattered so were all in bed by 10.

Note: Photopass info! There are lots of photographers on site, at all the activities, at the pool parties, around the pool, on the beach, strolling around the resort at night, at the character meet and greets etc. You can't prepay but can buy the cd for $99 at the resort and they do your cd while you wait. We managed to clock up 209 photos over the 10 days but could have had lots more if went looking for the photographers!

Day 6: Settling into Aulani!, Sun 28th

Today's plan was to investigate the resort and we were up with the larks and down by the pool by 7am. The pool didn't open till 8 and we found a little grab and go place for breakfast called the Olelo room, first task was to buy the refillable mugs $18 each for the duration of your stay, which for us was 10 days so it was a good deal! We bought a yoghurt, fruit and granola pot from here which was delicious although pricey at $6.50. We sat here for a while and soaked up the atmosphere, we couldn't believe we were actually here! Next to this little cafe is the Makihini restaurant where the character dining is, it also does buffet and al a carte dining at lunch and in the evening. Now I won't lie, the place is pricey and by the end of day 1 I was shocked at how much we had spent ha ha but couldn't let that spoil the holiday .

So what did the boys manage to cram in on day 1? Or should I say what did they not? We started off with lazy river on the rings, then took the rings up to the slides. They then played around in the pool then decided they wanted to investigate Auntys Beach House they had heard so much about. Now all I can say is I wish I was a kid again ! We signed them up for Space Goo with Stitch and Eruption Disruption for later in the day. Now that we had registered them they could go to the club as long as they wanted for free during the stay, most activities are complimentary but if you are planning to get them into something that has a cost e.g. Surfs Up with Chip and Dale the book before you go as we couldn't get them in during the stay, don't wait till you get there as you will be disappointed. So off they went to their first activity, they gave us a phone so we could be contacted if they wanted to leave and they were off! Now this was weird! We have never been on hols with the kids and not been with them, what were we going to do... Ok sunbathe it was. After collecting them from Space Goo we had lunch and went to Rainbow Reef to buy the pass. You can either pay $10 for one swim or $15 which is for the duration of your stay (adults was $15 or $20), your DVC discount works here and in the shops but not in any food places. Oli wasn't sure about Rainbow Reef as had never snorkelled before so decided not to do it but Marcus was off just in time for feeding the fish. Note there is also a place to see Sharks and Stingrays at the mariott hotel next door which is foc but you can't swim with them, you don't need to be a hotel guest to go in.

At 2pm the Pool party started and they had fun and games with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. Then it was time to head back for Eruption Disruption and again we were left to our own devices while they had fun! They enjoyed the activities and Oli was really keen to just go in and play - who wouldn't it was like a kids wonderland of movie room, workshop, outside play area, room full of different computer games and of course the activity room. They also did lots of fun things with them throughout the day. When we went back to collect them I was intrigued to know how they knew exactly where in the beach house they were located, that was when I found out the bands they were have a tracking device and can locate their exact spot!

We decided it was time to head out to stock up and found the nearest Wallmart which had very little food! So jumped back in car and found a target where we stocked up on the essentials. As we were heading back we found an Outback,this is Marcus' favourite so we decided to eat here. A blooming onion was a must, boys had Joey steaks and we had steak too which came to $75. A lot of families we met headed out to Kapolei for restaurants which they said were more reasonably priced as the resort was expensive to eat in, however it's not too far so worth giving it a try. Another early night as we were shattered so were all in bed by 10.

Note: Photopass info! There are lots of photographers on site, at all the activities, at the pool parties, around the pool, on the beach, strolling around the resort at night, at the character meet and greets etc. You can't prepay but can buy the cd for $99 at the resort and they do your cd while you wait. We managed to clock up 209 photos over the 10 days but could have had lots more if went looking for the photographers!

Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 13, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Flowertot - 19 Aug 13 9:12 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 13, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Arghhh what did I do wrong? I seem to have repeated the trip report and a couple of photos? Tried to edit but don't think it worked
Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 13, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Flowertot View Post
Arghhh what did I do wrong? I seem to have repeated the trip report and a couple of photos? Tried to edit but don't think it worked
I got up to put the kettle on and managed to read the same day again when I came back and had a bit of a deja vu moment
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 13, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

All looks amazing
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 13, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

fabulous, no more words!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 13, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Going to try and finish rest this weekend!
Old 7 Sep 13, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Sounds all so fab...
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List