Notices

Old 20 Aug 13, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Naples Vacationtastic - Day 9- It's Supposed To Be Quieter!

Today was our 3rd and final disney day and we started off with an extremely civalised breakfast at the Captain's Grille in the yacht club. What a difference to the craziness of the cape may cafe! It may not have furry friends to come and terrify your babies, but what it lacks in 6ft wildlife, it makes up for in class and serenity. I loved it- really nice way to start the day. We all opted for the buffet but the a la carte looked fab too.

We checked out, grabbed the car and headed off to Hollywood studios for the day. Here is where the first cry of "I thought it was meant to be quieter today"'came... We had experienced the drop off after the US schools went back last time, but today it would appear that everyone decided to hang out at HS. The queues were huge all day for everything- 140mins for ToT, 150 for midway mania, and 100mins for RnRC.
Emilia was asleep, so everyone else went to do the great movie ride (more about that later) and I took Emilia off to seek out the fabled "writer's stop"...

Possibly our new favourite place. Coffee and a little something for later...

Mmmmm. Carrot cake cookie.

We found this book.
All wrong.
I did buy Morgan the first two books in the Kingdom Keeper series by Ridley Pearson. I have heard how good they are on another podcast and I think they will be right up his street...

It was great to see a bit more of an effort being made in HS today. The last couple of visits we had were good, but not very interactive, IYKWIM. Today there were lots and lots of street artists and skits going on, which reminded me lots of how it used to be as MGM studios years ago.

Lunch was 50's prime time style, and mum and dad relived their childhood. Dad recounted tales of how "American bean pie" had been the highlight of their school dinner menus in the 50's in Scotland. He seemed disappointed that this did not appear on the menu...
He did enjoy the dessert menu style though.

We had fried chicken.

Dad had chicken pot pie

Brownie sundae. This made me feel ill just looking at it.

Apple crisp. Nice- like apple pie base with granola topping.
The whole thing was nice in there, but our server really wasn't into the "acting" part of her role. We didn't see any shenanigans really but it was good anyway.

I said earlier I would mention the great movie ride again- well, happy day today, Morgan and I rode this just before leaving as I had missed out earlier. We got the cowboy version :-)
It's the first time this has happened and I am so happy I finally got to see it.

Oooh. Cowboy version fire (you don't get this on the gangster version).

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 13, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by cheekytink - 20 Aug 13 2:55 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

I never knew there was another version until I read it on here, lol!

I have only ever seen the gangster version, but maybe next year we can get lucky with the cowboy one!

Another busy but great day
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

Writers Stop is my fav but not enough chairs so we must not advertise how delicious the carrot cake cookie is ;-)
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List