Notices

Old 12 Sep 13, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Hot Air Balloon Ride Sept 2013

We had an amazing morning with Pat and Joel at Orlando Balloon Adventures. First off we met at Starbucks on highway 192 at 5.30am. The first job of the day was to send a test balloon into the air to see which way wind was blowing and figure out the balloon flight path. Pat and Joel filled a small balloon with helium, attached a light to it and let it go.

Flight path determined, we headed over to a suitable spot to inflate the hot air balloon.

It was still dark as we began to set up the balloon

Pat set the basket upright and attached the burners then lay the basket on its side and attached the balloon ready to be inflated

We helped to hold the balloon while the air fan blew air in to inflate it

Pat checked the inside of the balloon as it was inflating

This was the inside of the balloon as it was inflating

Next step was to add some heat!

When the balloon was ready it was turned back upright and we had to climb in quickly to add weight to the balloon to stop it flying off! The balloon is just held down by 1 rope held by Joel!

The burner from inside the balloon

We were ready for the off! DH is terrified of heights so he chose not to fly and he stayed with the chase crew on the ground monitoring our flight!

We have take off!

Although we didn't fly over Disney we flew close to get some great shots. after 9/11 there is a no fly zone over Disney

MK, space mountain and the Contemporary!

Beautiful sunrise

We flew over a lake and managed to get some great reflection shots of the balloon over the water

This is the reflection in the lake!

The green clearing in the trees at the top of the picture is where we were headed to land!

Another balloon landed first

Our shadow as we came in to land

Coming in to land

Almost down

Once we were on the ground we helped to pack the balloon away.
This was taken as the balloon was deflating

This is our wonderful pilot - Pat Schmitt!

Packing the balloon away

The morning ended with champagne and treats!

Huge thanks to both Pat and Joel of Orlando Balloon Adventures for an amazing flight!

Old 12 Sep 13, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by mackem - 12 Sep 13 2:03 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 13, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

That looks just amazing - I wish I was brave enough to go up in an air balloon but I just don't think I am. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Old 12 Sep 13, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
That looks just amazing - I wish I was brave enough to go up in an air balloon but I just don't think I am. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Thanks Jackie, it was amazing! We are having a great time!
Old 12 Sep 13, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Photos look great! We done this back in Feb for my hubbies 40th and was amazing got some lovely pic's of the sunrise... will defiantly do it again one day.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 13, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mackem View Post
Thanks Jackie, it was amazing! We are having a great time!
You're very welcome
Old 13 Sep 13, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Captain Ethan
VIP Dibber

Hi, this looks fabulous! How did you arrange / book it? How much did it cost? How many people would it hold?

Cheryl x
Captain Ethan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 13, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Captain Ethan View Post
Hi, this looks fabulous! How did you arrange / book it? How much did it cost? How many people would it hold?

Cheryl x
It was $150 and they have 2 baskets one that holds 4 people and the other holds 10
PM sent with contact details x
Old 14 Sep 13, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

That looks fabulous, when I went in a hot air balloon it went up, down, up, down, up, down for over an hour and landed in the same field, would have been hilarious had it not been so blooming expensive.

Maybe try another one when we go to Orlando again.
Old 14 Sep 13, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
That looks fabulous, when I went in a hot air balloon it went up, down, up, down, up, down for over an hour and landed in the same field, would have been hilarious had it not been so blooming expensive.

Maybe try another one when we go to Orlando again.
Can highly recommend Pat Schmitt, very professional and we had the most amazing time!