Notices

Old 12 Jan 14, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

The baby's first Diz trip!

Firstly huge apologies if I don't follow the right format or there are specific rules! (Please feel free to heckle!)

So, I'm using this as a place to collect my plan and for input (hopefully) from you wonderfully knowledgeable disney folks.

The cast:
Mummy (my mummy), Stacey (28 but doesn't wanna admit that). We went to DLP in feb 08 and got engaged. She's growing to love the Disney magic, learning that the parks can be amazing and getting over some childhood trauma (I know, how can that happen? My in laws are mental) from WDW.

Mummy 2: (me! ), 30. Huge disney fan, love the Us parks and went several times as a child. Encouraging our girly's love and hugely excited to go but also mega excited to see little ones reaction.

Bubba (wincey), 2. Huge oso fan, owns more Minnie ears than a disney shop and a special love of pigwet. She's currently loving disney adverts and screams at Mickey and dances!

Oma&opa: the oldies, who are already reminiscing about me and my brothers trips... My mum is due to take early retirement a few days before we leave.

So we booked the sequoia lodge for 4 nights and have 2 golden forest rooms. Got the free half board plus, which looks ok. We are getting direct eurostar from st p and have disney express.

The plan so far:
Keep it flexible! Completely at odds to my normal disney approach, but we have the bubs.
See dreams as much as possible!

Day 1,
Leave travel lodge and get breakfast around station-
Onto eurostar and get cosy, encourage Oma to learn iPad with 2yeqr old trainer. Await brunch (in standard plus- ta disney deal!)
Get passes etc on train and label luggage.
Arrive! Hit main park and introduce bubs to idea!
Dinner and probably no dreams tonight.

Day 2
I'll be setting the Mickey call for early and heading to lounge for breakfast. Does anyone know if you need to book a slot for gf breakfast?
Make use of emh-buzz, a mummy2 and Oma on sm2 and more buzz for everyone.
A earl of sandwich lunch enrout back to lodge for naps, play area and the free drinks/ cakes.
Back to park!
Going to book cafe Mickey for dinner around 7 pm, park shuts at 21.30 so I gather dreams is then?

Day3
Another Mickey call! Breakfast and similar emh.
Lunch in agrabah cafe (free on disney- issues with booking so comp!)
Nap/rest/snacks
Somewhere for dinner- blue lagoon/ walts? Recommendations welcome!

Day 4
Maybe lie in? Breakfast and saunter to studios.
Would love to watch the shows a few times. Somewhere for lunch, cs?
Nap routine
? Descent of stars (Thursday does it happen?)
Back for dinner and dreams if we can

Day 5
Call, finish packing and breakfast.
Luggage down to store and into park.
Guessing 2 of us run back for bags and let monkey run before getting back onto eurostar. Others grab drinks in station

So, yup very vague, but hoping to tighten it all up over comin weeks, also need to find out parade times and jiggle (will obviously be at nap times! )
Any help appreciated, sorry it's long and no pics...haven't worked that out yet!

Edited for silly auto correct mistakes!

Edited at 10:05 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 14, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

What a great trip you have planned

I'm also going with someone who's doesn't love disney as much as me
I'm sure you don't have to book for breakfast when you have gf.
I will give you all the details when we return.
Happy planning x
Old 16 Jan 14, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Any recommendations for restaurants, especially with little people? Is walt's or blue lagoon going to be "difficult" with a 2yr old?
Old 16 Jan 14, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Oso-fan mummy View Post
Any recommendations for restaurants, especially with little people? Is walt's or blue lagoon going to be "difficult" with a 2yr old?
I always did Buffetts when mine where small.
They are free until they are 3 .
We are going to eat in both of them on our next trip but our boys will be 6 then.
I will let you know what I think a 2 year old would think of them.
Cafe Mickey is good for little ones
Xx
Old 17 Jan 14, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Cafe Mickey is on the list, however this may be for me not the bub!
I think I worry because it's France and dining concept- but then certainly Mediterranean countries have big multi generation meals. She does eat out with us regularly and she is easily occupied (relative to a goldfish!) but...
What happens if you reserve for a meal and then cancel? Or is 2 of the 4 go? Do you pay deposits, will we incur charges. So maybe we could cancel if needed?
And on the subject of reservations, I know it's 60 days in advance but is that of day you wish to book? So basically do all on the 60 days before end? Or can I do it 60 days from start of trip?
Old 17 Jan 14, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Cafe Mickey is on the list, however this may be for me not the bub!
I think I worry because it's France and dining concept- but then certainly Mediterranean countries have big multi generation meals. She does eat out with us regularly and she is easily occupied (relative to a goldfish!) but...
What happens if you reserve for a meal and then cancel? Or is 2 of the 4 go? Do you pay deposits, will we incur charges. So maybe we could cancel if needed?
And on the subject of reservations, I know it's 60 days in advance but is that of day you wish to book? So basically do all on the 60 days before end? Or can I do it 60 days from start of trip?
Please don't worry it's a holiday after all
No deposits so no charges if you don't turn up.
If I where to cancel I would prob ring but that's me
I work in that trade
Unsure of the 60 days but I'm under the 60 now and going to ring on Tuesday when I'm off work , it's not high season so won't be busy but I do like to book cos I'm a bit of a planner.
X
Old 17 Jan 14, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, I would of course ring/ alter the booking. I'm more thinking if it's not a "good" day we could hit a buffet rather than table service.
What's the buffet restaurant like in SL? We liked the one in hny ( years ago!).
Old 18 Jan 14, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, I would of course ring/ alter the booking. I'm more thinking if it's not a "good" day we could hit a buffet rather than table service.
What's the buffet restaurant like in SL? We liked the one in hny ( years ago!).
The hunters grill Buffet is one of my faves I also love cape cod but it's getting a referb on our next trip

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Old 18 Jan 14, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent! Is it manic, would like to not do reservations every night if we can, or it best to? Thanks for all your help.
Old 19 Jan 14, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post

I've always found the hunters grill quite (apart from weekends ).
Cape cod is my fav as only ever been 5 family's eating in there when we been. You should be fine not bookie every night
X