Notices

Old 4 Jul 14, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Ali and Molly's adventure to the most magical place on earth!

So this is a pretty early pre-trip report but I need to focus on why I'm working until 10pm all of the time to cover spending money costs! I figured doing this now before a Friday and Saturday night shift (boooo) will give me the incentive to turn up to work with a smile on my face and even ask for or accept more hours!

This year, I am going on 1st September 2014 up until the 5th September (4 nights, 5 days!). I am going with my lovely best friend, Molly who has never been to a Disney park so this trip is even more exciting, just to see her reaction at it all!

Above is me (red, polka dot shirt) and Molly at the Sheffield showing of Disney on Ice last year for my birthday! As you can see I am rocking my Minnie ears from my last trip (we tried to do a more toned down dress up...I was Minnie Mouse and Molly was Snow Bite...the Halloween version of Snow White because that's the only costume she could find hahaha)

We shall be flying with Air France and will arrive in Paris at about 2:00pm. We have then booked a shuttle transfer using the VEA service and will be staying at the Santa Fe hotel for the duration of our stay! We have booked the 9:30 pm Buffalo Bill's Dinner Show (with the help of you lovely DIBB people) for our first night and plan to visit the Studios for a couple of hours before as we have to be there by 8:30pm, so figured we could have a wander around the Village for an hour beforehand when the Studios closes. We will be taking full advantage of the EMH every day, though we have decided to take our own cereal so that we can get up a bit later and eat whilst getting ready for the day and get into the Disneyland park bright and early every day, ready for a day of adventure and magic!

What I am most looking forward to: seeing Molly's reactions (she's a huge Disney nut like me so the energy will be bouncing of one another!), Big Thunder Mountain (my favourite!), Disney Dreams (super excited to see this live again), the music of Main Street USA when you walk down in the morning, Rainforest Cafe, Hakuna Matata restaurant, meeting characters, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rock and Roller Coaster (we're adrenaline junkies), taking a riverboat ride on the Molly Brown, hearing the tik tok of It's A Small World in Fantasyland, Pirates of the Caribbean, waking up and watching the top 10 things to see and do on the hotel room telly, Adventureland! (my favourite land), the new Ratatouille ride, Crushes Coaster, World of Disney, the new LEGO store...everything really, I can't wait!

And now to get through all of these summer shifts so I can buy myself lot's of Tangled merch...
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Trip update!

Sorted out our dining reservations today! Our bookings and plan;

MONDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER: Buffalo Bills 9:30pm

TUESDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER: Afternoon - We did try and book Agrabah Cafe but it is closed when we are there so we'll possibly book Plaza Gardens instead after some thought.
Evening - We decided to wing this and see what we fancy at the time.

WEDNESDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER: Afternoon - Hakuna Matata
Evening - Cafe Mickey 6:30pm

THURSDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER: Afternoon - King Ludwigs 12pm
Evening - Rainforest Cafe - we'll go after Dreams.

All e have to do now is figure out a Tuesday afternoon meal and then decide who's taking the hairdryer etc and count down arghhhh! =D
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
hehe, love the cool picture.

Love Disney on Ice.

Looks like you got a busy time planned.

My favourite land is probably between Adventureland and Frontieland, probably Frontierland just pips it, although DLP ADventureland is far better than WDW, although I am a huge POTC fan so that probably helps. I love the wild west music and stuff though too, so that's why Frontierland probably just shades it. Love Liberty Square and Frontierland too at WDW though, I'm terrible for trying to run through these areas along with Adventureland to hear the music nearing closing time.

Looking forward to this year though for first ever Halloween season trip.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 14, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Sounds like a great plan. I particularly like the addition of Hakuna Matata for lunch; this is somewhere we keep saying we're going to try but never actually get round to it - maybe this time!

I had totally forgotten about the fact there is music everywhere until I just read it in your trip report and it has made me go all goosebumpy!

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
My favourite land is probably between Adventureland and Frontieland, probably Frontierland just pips it, although DLP ADventureland is far better than WDW, although I am a huge POTC fan so that probably helps. I love the wild west music and stuff though too, so that's why Frontierland probably just shades it. Love Liberty Square and Frontierland too at WDW though, I'm terrible for trying to run through these areas along with Adventureland to hear the music nearing closing time.
FD, I know what you mean about having a hard time choosing between lands. They all hold something special. Frontierland houses me favourite ride, Fantasyland is just so whimsical and cute and just makes me feel as though i'm in a Disney Princess movie, Discoveryland is probably my least favourite but still really love it and Main Street is just amazing to wander down. Adventureland gets my thumbs up for the music and the sudden change from the streets of Agrabah to a pirates home and then into the jungle. whoever planned it is a genius! But I also totally love Frontierland too and Fantasyland! I love it all ahhhhh! Unfortunately I just found out that POTC is closed during our entire trip and I am GUTTED but at least BTM will be open! Silver lining though; last year (i went at the same time) DL closed at 9pm whereas Studios closed at 7pm but this time DL stays ipen until 9:30pm and Studios to 9pm so...!

Originally Posted by neverbeen View Post
Sounds like a great plan. I particularly like the addition of Hakuna Matata for lunch; this is somewhere we keep saying we're going to try but never actually get round to it - maybe this time!

I had totally forgotten about the fact there is music everywhere until I just read it in your trip report and it has made me go all goosebumpy!
I've never tried Hakuna Matata either so I'm excited! I'll be sure to do a food review within my trip report when I get back so I'll be sure to review HM.

And right?! I remember queuing for the Princess Pavilion and all of the music around us made me teary eyed! And wandering up Main Street with the music and the smells and the noise of the trams and the horse drawn carriages...beautiful!