Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
An Interim Disney Fix March 2014

The Cast:

Me and my friend Leah

Both looking very attractive on a halloween night out

About us:

We've been friends since primary school so we've grown up together from the age of about 7. We've both been to Florida and experienced the mouse there in all its American glory; as we know it's a very expensive luxury that most people can't afford to do every year so we wanted a small Disney fix in between trips we decided to book DLP. Leah is a bit of a jet setter and loves her holidays, I think if she's in the country for more than 6 weeks she thinks she's failing at life haha! I'm less of a jet setter (even though I'd love to be one!) because I have a massive commitment in the form of a pub which I run with my husband. If you've read my Florida trip report you'll know that my husband isn't Disney's biggest fan so it made sense to do Paris with someone a bit more 'Disney Friendly'

Plans so far:

We fly out from Manchester airport at 1.10pm on 9th March, arriving in Charles De Gaulle Airport at around 3.45pm. We haven't sorted transfers yet purely because I'm at a bit of a loss as to whether to do the VEA shuttle or train... I'm currently swaying a little more towards the shuttle bus as it goes to the door of the hotel from what I can gather.

We're booked in at the Kyriad Hotel for 3 nights, I've not really read too much into the hotel to be honest, all I was bothered about was that it was cheap and it had a free shuttle to the parks. I know lots of bus companies use it so it must be ok; as long as its clean I don't really care! We've not booked for breakfast so we'll be looking for some breakfast come dinner in the park no doubt. I was pleasantly surprised at how affordable the flights and hotel were; I booked through Travel Republic for £142 each.

We haven't got our park tickets yet but I intend to buy them from ATD because that's where I got my Florida tickets from.

Day 1: Travel Day

I'm estimating that we will arrive at the hotel at around 6.30pm which allows just under 3 hours for travelling from the airport (i'm praying it doesn't take that long but you never know...). I think we'll probably dump our bags have a quick freshen up and get a shuttle into Disney Village for something to eat (preferably earl of sandwich!). I'm not sure what time the last shuttle back to the hotel is so I'll have to check that but we won't want to be too late back so we can get a good nights sleep ready for the first day of Disney!

Day 2: Walt Disney Studios

To be honest I'm probably equally as excited about this park as I am for the other because there are some brilliant rides here and I don't think there are any planned closures which is a bonus (the backlot tour might still be closed but i'm hoping not!). I'm most looking forward to watching some shows and comparing Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror with their Orlando counterparts!

I think today will be an eating on the go day from some of the street carts because we'd like to do Planet Hollywood in Disney Village.

Day 3: Disneyland Park

We won't get EMH so we'll aim to get there at 10am for normal opening time. Space Mountain: Mission 2 is closed unfortunately for the whole of our stay so we won't be able to experience that (shame really because I hear it's better than the one in MK), Phantom Manor, Captain EO and the Dumbo ride are both also closed which is disappointing but I guess it just means that we have less to get around during the day. Annoys me that they don't reduce the price of the tickets while things are closed but that's Disney for you I guess!

I'd love to do the Buzz Lightyear restaurant for lunch but with it being a buffet style restaurant I don't know whether it'll be too much for a midday meal... maybe we could do it early and then have a late tea. I'd love to do Annette's Diner tonight but I'll have to see what Leah fancies...

Day 3: Walt Disney Studios

To be honest I'm probably equally as excited about this park as I am for the other because there are some brilliant rides here and I don't think there are any planned closures which is a bonus (the backlot tour might still be closed but i'm hoping not!). I'm most looking forward to watching some shows and comparing Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror with their Orlando counterparts!

I think today will be an eating on the go day from some of the street carts because we'd like to do Planet Hollywood in Disney Village.

Day 4: Travel home

Our flight from CDG is at 4.25pm so we'll aim to get to the airport for about 1.30-2pm. We could do some souvenir shopping in Disney Village and just generally chill out before our journey home.

eeek, so excited!
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022

Edited at 06:23 PM.
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List