Notices

Old 23 Mar 15, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

3 Generations go to Disneyland, July 2015 Pre-Trip

Firstly as you can see from my countdown this is not my only Disney trip this year. In May my husband and i are going to WDW however i have just booked a summer trip to DLP too. Why? i hear you ask heres a bit of background.

The Background

So my sister and i have been talking for a while now about going away for the weekend and taking her son (my nephew) We looked at a few options including Alton Towers and Port Aventura but eventually settled on Disneyland Paris as there are more rides there for my nephew. Just before we were about to book my sister asked "what about Mum, would she like to go?" My initial thought was no, she wouldnt, however if we could get her there im sure she would have a great time. So as it stands the booking has been made, my mum and my nephew still have no idea!

The Cast

Me, Laura 27. Chief Planner for this trip and considered the Disney Expert of the Family. Ive been to DLP twice, California twice and Florida once (soon to be twice).

Kate, my sister 34. Has been to California twice, DLP once and Florida a few time although not WDW.

]

Josh, my nephew 8. Loves Universal Stuidos, chessington and Legoland but this will be his first Disney trip. Mad about Cars, Lego and dinosaurs.

Sue, Mum 64. Hasnt been to a theme park since my sister and I were kids. Used to go on a few rides including log flumes etc.. but nothing big. Hoping she will enjoy the shows, parades, and the atmosphere. Also hoping she doesnt kill us when she finds out shes coming on this trip!

The Plan

So far we have booked to go from Friday 17th- Sunday 19th July. Travelling on the Eurostar from St Pancras. We have booked 2 nights at Explorers with breakfast and are going to get 3 day park hopper tickets (seen them at a good price on attraction tickets direct). Looking into booking Cafe Mickey for dinner one night too.

Hotel +Train tickets £220pp
Park tickets £118/ £108 pp

So total cost is around £338pp.

Edited at 10:33 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 15, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ThemeParkster
Earning My Ears

Have a great time! I am sure your mum will enjoy the trip too
Old 8 Apr 15, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post

So a little update is needed. My husband and I went to stay at my mum and Dads for Easter weekend. While out for a meal i finally plucked up the courage to tell her that she is coming to Disneyland Paris, the verdict?... She was really happy She's now really excited about it and has already said she will come on most of the rides etc..
She has said she will take us out for a meal while we are there and im thinking maybe of Cafe Mickey!

So now we know the trip is definitely on i went ahead and bought our 3 day park hopper tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct £462 Now ive just got to save some spending money!
Old 16 Apr 15, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Our Tickets arrived from Attraction tickets direct yesterday. Love the pouch and they also sent an autograph book for my nephew. Considering how much cheaper they were than booking direct the extras are pretty cool.

Old 1 May 15, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip planed. So glad your mum is excited x

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
Sounds like a great trip planed. So glad your mum is excited x
Thank you! She has really struggled with her health the last few years since she was diagnosed with Parkinsons. This trip will be really good for her.