Notices

Old 22 Jan 16, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Finding our way to the Compass Club - Feb 16 PTR

It's that time again! If you haven't read my "amazing", "fantastic", "simply stupendous" (not my words, my mum's) trip reports from 2015 you can find them here:

October 2015 - Halloween!

August 2015 aka the time of the year where you wait 20 minutes for Nautilus!

You'll notice that both of those are solo reports, but I can tell you now that this is NOT going to be a solo trip report. Yes my wonderful other half will be joining me on this trip. She has a kind of "once a year" rule for Disney, and in 2016 we made it all the way to February til I decided it was time for us to go .

We'll be at the resort from the 25th - 28th February, and as if 4 days wasn't enough we'll be staying at this recently refurbished beauty:

I'm so excited about this for two reasons:
  • I've never stayed at Newport Bay before - in fact after this trip I'll have stayed at 4 of the resorts with only Cheyenne, Santa Fe and Disneyland Hotel left.
  • I decided to splurge and book us into the Compass Club. If you don't know what that is it's pretty much the Newport Bay equivalent of Golden Forest at Sequoia Lodge, where you get extra perks like a hot breakfast and afternoon snacks. I'm really excited to see this and try out all the perks it brings with it

When I go to Disneyland Paris these days I'm not an ultra planner. I go so often these days that I don't really need to be (don't get me wrong I know how lucky I am that I get to go so often!). There are a few aims I have for the trip though:
  • Say one final farewell to old Star Tours, for real this time!
  • Try out some new restaurants. Last May I tried a few new places (Plaza Gardens, Blue Lagoon and Lucky Nugget). This year I'm hoping to try some new places again, possible Bistro de Chez Remy (although my girlfriend doesn't eat beef which may be a sticking point) or the Yacht Club at Newport Bay. I'm also determined to embarass my girlfriend with meeting as many characters as possible so a trip to Chef Mickey or Inventions is probably on the cards too :p.
  • Go see the new show at the Chapparal theatre. I always get really excited when they add stuff you can't see anywhere else!

That's all I have to say for now. As you can probably tell I'm just stupidly excited at the moment! One things for sure, I'm not one for booking these trips a year in advance .
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 16, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Can't believe it's only a week to go! I don't have much to update apart from we've decided where we're going to eat while we're there! I've booked:
  • Thursday - Yacht Club at Newport Bay at 8:45pm (Watching Dreams that night and park closes at 8)
  • Friday - Inventions at 7pm (Skipping Dreams, park closes at 8 again)
  • Saturday - Bistrot Chez Remy at 6pm (Watching Dreams again, Studios closes at 9 and main park at 10)
  • Sunday - We need to leave at 1, so might try for an early lunch at Annettes before we head to Paris

Needless to say I'm still incredibly excited for this. Staying in a new hotel and trying 3 new restaurants as I haven't been to any of the above apart from Annettes.

I'm not sure if there's anything else to add apart from bon voyage
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List