Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 15 May 06, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Wicked deal for blue badge holders

Ok, for those of you that already know this information, im sorry but i could not see it anywhere else.

Ok, if you are flying from Manchester Airport, or any of the other main airports and possess a blue badge. Then may I suggest that you book with BCP online... what you need when you go to their website...is book for the cheapest possible parking plan. Pay for it, then email them, to request a disabled parking space. Then they will upgrade you to short term parking at your given terminal for FREE!

We paid £51 for shuttle parking at manchester... emailed them to ask how we can get disabled parking space, they sent email back saying... "if we send them our blue badge number, they will upgrade us for free to the short term car park at our terminal for free"!

Please do ask me any questionsregarding this because it is something that they do in their discretion.

I am just pleased that we are able to park right outside the terminal entrance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 06, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post

At Glasgow they have wheelchair accessible shuttle buses to the offsite car parking and for disabled customers they will bring your car right to the bus drop off point (and warm it up too ) and also help with your luggage. It is always worth asking what help is available as managing a luggage trolley and a wheelchair is not much fun!
Old 15 May 06, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Wish I had known about this before :angry: We always park in the short stay car park but pay long stay rates £107 this time for 17 days.

Caron
Old 16 May 06, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Well you know now though right, I am just sorry that after all this time no one ever told you of this. I take it you also fly from Manchester then? If you do just book with BCP and book the shuttle, email them and they will upgrade you.

I knew this post would be helpful because alot of people wont know this, i for one did'nt until yesterday. Just thopught I ought to post the info in here just incase. Cant you change or cancel, then book again at the shuttle rate?
Old 16 May 06, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by cuteone
Well you know now though right, I am just sorry that after all this time no one ever told you of this. I take it you also fly from Manchester then? If you do just book with BCP and book the shuttle, email them and they will upgrade you.

I knew this post would be helpful because alot of people wont know this, i for one did'nt until yesterday. Just thopught I ought to post the info in here just incase. Cant you change or cancel, then book again at the shuttle rate?
Yes we do fly from Manchester. I've already paid for the parking now and wouldn't want to risk trying to get the money back but I'll remember for next time thanks

Caron
Old 16 May 06, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Your welcome (((hugs back)))
Old 17 May 06, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Nina,

This would be really useful to us - we have a blue badge for our daughter and are flying from Manchester. Last year we used the Premier Park on site but we really really struggled with DD1 and a toddler and all our luggage so weren't sure what to do this year. Would you mind telling me exactly what you did. What package did you book? I'm a bit wary about booking the cheapest one because it will be off-site and I wouldn't want to be left with that if we didn't get the upgrade.

Thanks

Karen
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 06, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Karen,

We used the BCP for the first time this year there URL is http://www.parkbcp.co.uk/index.aspx?id1=WEB1509&id2=11111&user=HYP&DPRD=Car Parking&DIATA=LGW&DWDM=quote

What we did first was search and search online for the cheapest parking which was not to far from the airport, and catered for disabled blue badge holders. We almost went with the same company as you (premier parks), however we managed to find BCP, which were offering the shttle servie £7 cheaper... We then filled in all the details online, booked it and felt happy... However we knew we would need a blue badge space to be as near to the shuttle as possible etc... So we then proceeded to email the company (they give an email address for you to contact them with or you can call direct), and in no more than one sentance we told them that we would like to reserve a disabled parking space at the shuttle car park, gave them our booking details etc. They got back to me very quickly and said that they would upgrade us free of chagre top the short term car park of the terminal that we need to depart from (terminal 2 in our case). The only requirement is that you send them yourblue badge details, they asked for the number of the badge, so as there are a few on there, i just sent them all to be sure. We got a response the next day, letting us know that we can park on a disabled parking place for the duration of our holiday. We were made up about this, and also asked if it would be ok to leave a photocopy of our blue badge on dashboard as we intended to take it with us to florida...that is ok also...

All we now have to do is on the day, go stright to terminal 2 short stay, park up, make sure badge is on display (copied one), then go away for the 15 days...upon return you will need your reference/booking number that BCP give you, along with the parking ticket that you got at the entrance when entering...proceed to the pay point... but instead of paying...you have to press the 'help' button... Then someone will respond and you just need to give them the booking reference, then they will ask you to put your parking ticket in the machine, and they will authorise it and...thats it

Anymore questions please ask...
Old 17 May 06, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenS
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Nina,

Thanks for that - I've had a look there are 2 off airport ones carminder and ringway can you remember which one you booked?

Thanks

Karen
KarenS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 06, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

You want 'Manchester shuttle park'... when are you going? Is it not showing up as an option for you? I just typed in some randon dates for next month and it shows like this as:

4. Manchester Shuttle Park
Your Quote: £51.00

• Easy entry and exit arrangements
  • Save on gate price by pre-booking now
Note: there is a minimum 3-day stay.

> click here for additional information and a map
> back to top
Closed Thread