Fax (407) 827-7710
Rooms 709
Official Rating
Members Rating (4.5)

Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
VIP Dibber

Booked as part of the free dining offer. We loved the studio room, much larger than the moderate hotel rooms. Small kitchenette area was handy, with a toaster and a microwave. The bathroom was huge. We had a ground floor room with a view of the waterway, great to see the little boats going to and from Disney Springs. Buses were frequent. Kids loved the main pool and the quiet pools. Shame that the quick service wasn't as good as other food halls.
August 2018
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Apprentice Imagineer

Absolutely loved it! Stayed in a two bedroom block 45, with DD and son in law and two Grandchildren. Had a king bedroom and two doubles and two bathroom. We were really surprised at how large the apartment was. Full size washing machine, dryer and dish washer. Nice balcony overlooking the canal, nice to watch boats back and fro to DS.

We had requested this block and were really pleased to get it. Mousekeeping was awesome! lots of setting out the toys for the children, towel mouse ears, etc. Plus they seemed to put the dishwasher on every day and empty it!
We loved the laid back feel of the resort, it was quite, staff lovely and friendly and very relaxing. We had two children with us 2&5 and they loved the pools. At this age they didn't require a lot of activities other than having the pool and these we found to be very quiet.

We didn't use the resort mugs a lot as we had full kitchen, but handy to stop at on way back in to grab a drink or when we were at the main pool. Ate at Olivia's which was lovely.

We really enjoyed the laid back feel of this place and would definitely stay again.
October 2017
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Very Serious Dibber

I was apprehensive about staying here as I had read mixed reviews, I needn't have worried it was lovely.

We had a studio facing hospitality house perfect location, quiet and the studio was huge. I fell in love with the space! The pool is great fun, the grab and go food options are limited but we only used this upon checkin. we didn't spend a great deal of time exploring the resort as we were only here 4 nights but we would most definitely stay here again.
December 2015
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Excited about Disney

I hate giving negative reviews about Disney but have to in this case. There were 4 adults and two children staying in a two bed villa, until we were moved to a different hotel.
The resort itself does not have enough ameneties for its size. In my opinion, unless you are near Hospitality House you are missing out. There is one drinks station at Goods To Go, for those of DDP, and one near Turtle Pond but this one is only open 11am - 5pm. The buses take over twenty minutes from the first stop to actually leaving the complex, although they were quite regular. Goods To Go is no more than a take away window with a limited choice of food and the Gurgling Suitcase was so tiny we didn't bother going in for a drink because all six chairs were taken.

At Check In we were offered building 39 - right next to the external road which we refused and were then offered building 52 with an assurance it was further from the road and the map showed a golf hole between the building and the road, so we accepted. But from the start we were concerned. We opened the balcony doors and could hear the traffic but decided to see what it would be like in the morning. It didnt improve and we never could have a quiet cup of coffee in the morning.

Mousekeeping was poor to say the least and we complained twice during the stay, the issues including, but not exclusively, our son finding toe nail clippings on the floor on the first night - obviously not ours. The room never got a thorough clean and if we walked around barefoot, our soles would be dirty as the floor never seemed to be mopped. We had to leave notes for the maids if we wanted something doing and in the end started taking the bedding off if we wanted it changing otherwise it would have been left on. Even if there was an obvious stain.

The final straw for us was when at 6am heavy plant machines started moving around on the external road, followed at 8am by pile driving which shook the room. I went to the front desk and was assured it was only for one day and I was given a nights refund (fair enough I thought) The following morning it started again but this time felt like the room was shaking. So off to the front desk again, only to be told there was nowhere else we could move within the resort so we were told that Disney would move us at some time during the day. We sat in our room for an hour waiting for a call and when it came we were offered two standard rooms at The Grand Floridian. We were also told that the work would be going on all week and that these were the only rooms available on all Disney property as it was Halloween weekend. We accepted this as a compromise as the alternatives were putting up with the noise every morning or going home halfway through the holiday.

So as not to sound ungrateful for being moved, I will do a seperate review on the Grand Floridian as I can't fault it as a hotel but we would never choose to stay at that end of Disney as we like to be near DTD and we booked a two bed villa for a reason.
I have been in contact with Disney since returning home and have been given a second nights refund but cannot reccomend this hotel, in fact on the basis of our stay we have cancelled next years holiday to Disney.
We have to state that we have recieved two days refund for our problems
November 2015
Cleanliness [1] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [2] Value for Money [1] Overall Impression [1]
VIP Dibber

This was the first time we stayed at OKW as a DVC member. After some discussions with booking it was agreed I should be located at buildings 62, 63 or 64 due to me having a mobility scooter. As I had a couple of waitlists active until 7 days before we arrived, I left checking in until the last minute. BIG mistake. When we went to check in on arrival I was told we were at building 44: not only the furthest away from Hospitality House (we had QSDP) but also right on a busy, noisy corner with the bus stop facing my bedroom. I refused to leave check in until they found us another room, and they eventually said they could move us in a couple of days.

The villa itself was lovely inside but the single sheet for the chair bed was stained and DD refused to let me put it on her bed. I managed to find another sheet in the bedding pack so she was satisfied. Neither of us got a wink of sleep that night, though, as if it wasn't the buses slowly turning the roundabout it was every single one of them beeping as they opened and closed the doors. This went on until after 1am and started again at about 6.30am. DD also complained about how noisy the fridge/freezer was.

Two days later we moved to building 64 and found ourselves facing a corner of the golf course with water and a fountain. There was another building to our left but we didn't end up using the balcony so didn't worry about the proximity and ability to see into other rooms!

This villa was lovely and quiet and apart from the extremely noisy fridge/freezer (even noisier than the last) we both slept well for the remainder of our stay. The floor was filthy, though - DD walks around barefoot and the soles of her feet were black by bedtime! The freezer part of the fridge didn't work either, so I was never able to buy ice creams or any other frozen food (ridiculous in a one-bed villa with a full kitchen). The 'tea kettle' I ordered was never delivered, and I discovered on day 4 that there was no remote control for the TV in the lounge. I borrowed the one from the bedroom, which luckily worked.

The problem we found with the buses at HH is that it's the last stop, and frequently the buses - for MK in particular - would arrive full to bursting with no chance of us getting on, especially with a mobility scooter. In fact, the last couple of times some of us went round the corner to another stop which was actually the first stop on the bus route and got on there.

However, HH was convenient for filling our mugs to take to the parks. As has been said before, Goods to Go was dreadful. We only got food there a couple of times and it was not good. I had the chicken nugget meal a couple of times, and the second time the nuggets were a mixture of kids ones and adult ones, possibly, and tasted very different. It was overcooked and yet cold at the same time. I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

As has also been said before, for such a huge resort there really is remarkably little to do on site. As it's a DVC resort in the first instance it's supposed to be a luxury one, but the service was not good, I thought the quality of the little things to be patchy at best (remember all the things that were missing or wrong earlier?), and while we didn't have housekeeping as DVC members, they really ought to WASH the floor once in a while! I don't see why I should have to do it for them!

All that said, I'd probably stay there again as it was a cheap option for us points-wise, but would have to get more food in so as not to have to rely on the appalling counter-service.
November 2015
Cleanliness [2] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [3]
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed here for our last two visits and love it! Clean and tidy resort, not too big, decent pool and although it only has one restaurant and two QS counters it's plenty fr us. Close to Disney Springs, water parks, etc. and the ferry to Disney Springs is really handy if both DW and I want a drink with dinner.
The only complaint we had, which was really minor, was that the staff seem to fill up some of the car parks outside the apartments. But the staff were very good, rooms cleaned and tidied properly.
August 2015
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed in a 1 bed villa as a family of 5. 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 3yo DD. The GPs where in the bedroom, DH and I on the sofa bed and DD on the sofa chair.
We were given one villa, which we weren't happy with as it looked very outdated and the sofa bed was super uncomfortable. They moved us the following morning to a much better villa. They should really have the same furniture in every villa, but the sofa bed was much more comfortable in this one.
We were on the 1st floor overlooking one of the lakes. It was beautiful and we got to see some great wildlife, including an alligator cooling down in the shade of some bushes outside of our balcony and a frog who found its way into the bedroom.
The villa was really big, but the only downside was that the bathroom was en-suite to the bedroom, so we had to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom.
The kitchen was well equiped, although we did have to call for a kettle. The toaster and hairdryer broke during our stay, but they came out to replace both fairly quickly.
Mousekeeping, wasn't amazing. They kept forgetting to stock up something. 1 day it was towels, one day it was soap, some days we didn't get any coffee...
The resort itself is beautiful. We were right by one of the quieter pools, which was nice for a quick cool-down. The bus stop was just over the road, too and it was the second to last busstop in the resort. We found that when we got the bus back, it took ages for the bus to go around the whole resort before getting to our busstop, so we always ended up getting off at the first stop and walking.
We ordered some packages from amazon, which were held at reception for us.
All in all it is a beautiful relaxed resort with a great atmosphere and very friendly staff.
June 2015
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

9 of us stayed in a 2 bed villa. It was lovely and big, the boys were happy on the pull down sofa bed (top and tail) and chair bed. Our room was very quiet. We had a view of the golf course and we loved out morning ritual of coffee on the balcony. We were at turtle pond, which had a pool with food outlet and drinks dispenser. We used the internal shuttle to get to the hospitality house, there were buses every 5 mins. It s a beautiful resort, with a summer holiday vibe. We are going back again!
November 2014
Imagineer

Just got back from a five night stay at OKW, what a beautiful resort. So quiet and peaceful, our room was located about a ten minute walk from Hospitality House. We had a small balcony overlooking the river to DTD. The room was very spacious and very clean. The bus stop was not far away and the buses run regularly. I would definitely recommend a stay here, although it was a large resort it never felt crowded or busy, it had such a nice laid back feel to it.
October 2014
VIP Dibber

Our second visit to OKW, we had asked to be in block 62 or 23 (well actually the lady at Disney suggested 23 when we booked, 62 was the block we stayed in LY)...so we were a little disappointed to be out in Block 43 (Turtle Pond).

But having got to the block, it was fine, we were close enough to the bus stop & the pool area was also close, much smaller than the main pool obviously & actually even more chilled out to be honest. The only issue, which is being really picky, was that the drinks/food bar is open from around 6am-11pm at the hospitality house area & so with a family of early risers we could wander over and get a coffee first thing in the morning, out on Turtle pond the food bar opens at 10am-5pm, so much more limited.

Apart from that, it was once again a great stay... would very highly recommend OKW!
August 2014
Imagineer

Stayed inn1 bedroom this year normally stay in 2 bedroom. Location we had was peninsular road which was great except if you want a bus. First on brilliant but by the time it takes to get around the resorts is long. Fast food I feel is alright. Room was clean but not to our standard but that's just us. Overall feel of the place is good. We did have a few issues air conditioner broken took several days to fix not good especially in July heat. We had no phone connection the whole time we were there, reported several times and nothing was done. It gas not put us of resort as we gave booked for next year as well.
July 2014
Cleanliness [3] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [2] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

We have just returned from our long awaited visit to Disney's Old Key West and we could not fault it, everything from our arrival to the day we left was great, the resort theming is beautiful and the staff could not have been more helpful (apart from one cast member who was working in Goods To Go who obvioulsy stands in for Grumpy when he is on his holidays ;-)

We were in a one bed which was extremely spacious, it was kept very clean by housekeeping and the supplies of coffee, creamer, suger, body wash, shampoo, conditioner and washing detergent were always topped up when we needed them. I must say it is very handy having a laundry room too as I washed most days so i did not end up bringing a pile of washing home! I believe the laundry rooms are not in the studios but there are facilities around the site for people to use.

We did not eat at Olivias but many were and the food we saw on peoples plates when we passed looked very good, we did however use the QS option at the main pool a few times (Goods to Go), the food was OK but nothing more and it did get quite hectic at times but was handy for a snack when we wanted a pool day, but they really need to do domething about the wasps around the refill drinks machine it was awful and most of the time after running the gauntlet of the wasps you had to throw away your drink as it contained dead wasps! YUK!

We used the main pool as our DD8 enjoyed the games and the enterainment team that seemed to appear around lunch time each day and had a pool party with lots of games etc so if you want peace and quiet around the pool i would suggest using the Turtle Pond Pool as this was very peaceful and a lovely pool too, it also has a QS snack place there too.

We did not have a car whilst we were there so relied on Disney transport and i must say we never had to wait too long for a bus and it is a real bonus having the option of using the resort boat to get to Downtown Disney, we did this quite a lot as it is a lovely boat ride and only takes around 15 minutes, the boats from OKW dock at Westside (Near House of Blues) so you can either walk to Pleasure Island/Market Place from there or jump onto a connecting boat at Westside.

We would definately recommend a stay at OKW as i said we loved it, it is very relaxed so if you like the whole Disney thing going all the time then maybe not for you. The resort is quite big also so bear this in mind when requesting your accomodation, we requested near Hospitality House, as we did not have a car, we also requested high floor as I had read that the lower accomodtions can be dark due to the foliage, we managed to get both which was good, we also had a lovely view of the golf course which winds its way around the resort, it was lovely sitting on the balcony in the morning with a coffee watching the golfers.

Well done Disney and OKW for making our holiday a very memorable one!
October 2013
Imagineer

We loved OKW.

From the moment we arrived, we felt like we had arrived "home"

The 1 bedroom villa was beautiful and spacious. Lovely view over the golf course from our large balcony. Mousekeeping were great and the buses and boat were frequent. As a family we enjoyed our meal at Olivia's and utilising the main swimming pool. The resort is very relaxing and peaceful. Our own little piece of paradise.
August 2013
Imagineer

Well, what can I say about Old Key West Resort? We absolutely loved it. We being a party of 3 adults (myself, DH & DS - aged 21), and we had a one bed studio. The room was in the Miller Road area, block 19, room number 1915, which was on the ground floor, just as we had requested. This was a perfect location, so close to the bus stop which was opposite a quiet pool & laundry area, and only a 3 minute walk to the Hospitality House area.

The resort is very well themed and is kept very neat and tidy. It has a very laid back vibe, and is very quiet. The location for the all the parks was excellent. MK, Epcot, HS & Typhoon Lagoon were all only about a 10 minute drive, AK & BB were slightly further away, probably 20 minute drive. And obviously DTD was very close.

The room was spacious and plenty of room for all three of us. Everything was very clean and the mousekeeping service was excellent. We didn't eat in the room, but did use the fridge (keeping the beer cold), and the coffee machine. Supplies of tea, coffee, milk, sugar etc were constantly replenished, as were the supplies of the toiletries. One day I asked for some more hair conditioner and when we got back later I had been left 8 bottles. We also had a Mickey head, swans and other animals made from towels.

Plenty of drawer space, but could have done with more coat hangers in the wardrobe, but I do wish the safes were large enough to keep laptops in. Bathroom was very spacious, with bath, shower, toilet and sink, and one very large well lit mirror. There was ample room for two sinks, which would have life easier when getting ready in the morning etc, but we managed!

We had hired a car, but did use the buses sometimes, mainly in the evening so we could all have a drink. The Millers Road bus stop is the penultimate one before Hospitality House and then leaving the resort. When we used the bus to come home, we tended to get off at the first bus stop (5 minute walk back to room from there) so we didn't have to tour the resort. Either that or we were the only ones on the bus, so the driver just went straight to our stop. We also used the boat service to Downtown Disney, but the boat from OKW drops you off at West Side (near La Nouba), so you had to either transfer to another boat to get to the Marketplace, or walk, but this was no real hardship either.

Check-in was very easy and the cast members were very helpful when it came to having to fax something back home for the insurance company. We only ate at Olivias on the first night, but there was a good choice on the menu and it was really good and very welcome at the end of a long travel day. Goods to Go was adequate, and we only really had a breakfast platter or snacks from there, but again everything was very nice, although there was a limited choice.

Would we stay there again? Yes, we definitely would. Would we recommend it other people? Yes we would.
June 2013
Apprentice Imagineer

We loved OKW! I loved the laid back feel and the more subtle theming in the resort - was lovely to escape back to after a long day at the parks.
We stayed in a one bed villa which was ideal for 2 adults and 3 (young) children. The kitchen facilities were great, but the main advantage was having the laundry facilities! There's no way I'd holiday without them now. No post holiday washing!

Two small negatives: the one bed villa interconnects with a studio (these are opened up to make the two bed villa) and the noise travels. Not good when you have three children under the age of 5.
The dining here isn't great. Olivia's wasn't somewhere we fancied spending our dining credits on DDP, and Good's Food To Go got a bit boring after the first week. Lots of chicken nuggets! We took the short boat trip to Downtown Disney for more choice.

Would we stay again? Definitely if the price was right and with free dining!
April 2013
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We are 2 adults and 1 child and stayed in a studio in building 14. We loved OKW! The location of building 14 was ideal for us - just across from the main building hospitality house that has the shop, TS restarant and the main pool and laundry a bit further on.
We used the microwave every day to heat up milk for DD's breakfast, so obvioulsy made good use of the frigde too! The studios are really spacious and the 2 queen size beds were very comfy. There was plenty of storage space for the three of us. We didn't use the balcony - mainly because we were not in the room long enough, but also it didn't really have a view - it was looking into the courtyard between buildings with some bushes and air conditioning units!
We had rented points to stay at OKW so didn't have housekeeping every day but that suited us fine. When housekeeping was done it was all very good.
Staff were freindly and welcoming. Buses to the parks were frequent, and we also used the boat to DTD too.
We would definately stay at OKW again!
December 2012
VIP Dibber

We were disappointed with this resort. It was very nice and very peaceful like people say, but it didn't feel like 'Disney' to us. We were disappointed to find that all studios and one bedroom apartments have connecting doors to the next room. When we expressed our disappointment regarding this, the guest services were not interested in helping at all. The reception staff weren't great. Our bathroom was dirty for 4 days before they cleaned it properly, despite reporting it every day. The resort is very widespread and you would struggle with Disney transport here - you are better having a car. It was good value for money as we got free Disney Dining. The dining options here were very poor. We went to POR and POP for breakfast each morning and ate out at the parks and other resorts for dinner. We have stayed onsite 5 times but we won't be coming back here.
October 2012
Cleanliness [3] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

This was our first time staying onsite after travelling to Orlando on a regular basis since 1990.
Thought we might miss the space of a villa, but what a gem OKW is.
Rooms light and airy, but we may have just struck lucky. Beautifully appointed, and everything topped up regularly.
Staff are very polite and helpful, and make you feel as tho you are the most important person there.
Buses were frequent and plentiful, with never a longer wait than 10mins.
The resort is very clean, and the shop has a good range of basic items.
The boat to DTD is a lovely way to get here, and runs to a decent time at night.
Didn't eat in Olivia's, but goods to go was adequate, the resort would benefit from a proper food court in my opinion
October 2012
Imagineer

We booked a two bedroom villa as there was six of us. The villa was huge and beautiful. The kingsize bed was amazing and very large- you could get lost. Daily mouse keeping was fantastic. The jacuzzi bath melted away any sore feet and aching backs. Having the laundry facilities was invaluable. Beds in the living room weren't as comfortable as hoped and it was a pain for the adult and teenager having to make it up daily. We were given coffee sachets daily.

My disappointment with the resort begins with outside the villa. For me personally it was too quiet. We hardly saw anyone else and the buses were usually empty. The buses tended to confuse us as we never really knew where they would go within the resort. There was a long wait at times. We timed how long it took to get off the resort one day and it was thirteen minutes! The other issue we had was the lack of quick service space. There was no other place for our group to grab out refillable mugs and just chill out. The shop was also poor, with cast members not really bothering to stop their conversations to attend to us- this happened a number of times. For me it didn't feel like being in Disney.

To be fair, if your looking for quiet, away from Disney and have your own transport then this is a beautiful resort. But for me personally I like the buzz of the value resorts. I wouldn't go back personally but I'm glad we went.
September 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [2] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [1] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

Loved it loved it loved it.

1 bed villa was huge, everything in it you could wish for, especially loved the balcony.
The whole resort is imaculately clean and quiet (when we were there) no more than half a dozen in the pool and we often had it to ourselves at night.Turle Pond one that is.
Staff couldn't of been nicer or more friendly.
The longest we waited for a bus was about 15 mins and they were never full, though you never knew which way around the resort it would go and it was huge.

Would I go back? I'd live there...
September 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Getting Excited

Stayed here in Aug 12, we stayed in block 62 of The Springs very close to the main building but far enough away to be quiet. Well what can i say, absolutly awsome from the moment we checked in and received an upgrade from a studio to a 1 bedroom apartment.
The apartment was brilliant, spotless and there was an amazing view over the golf course from the back window. The room was cleaned thoroughly and we even had animals made from towels.
No problems with wait times for buses as we were only across the road from the bus stop.
Overall, we would definately stay her again.
August 2012
Imagineer

Our second stay at OKW thanks to free DDP and discount, previously staying there in August 2010. Rooms had been refurbished since our last visit, but this refurbishment doesn't appear to have been extended to the furnishings (dark wood furniture looking a bit worn) or the bathroom.

The room was certainly larger than the majority of hotel rooms we have used. We had requested a top flor studio again, and were allocated one in building 37 - sufficiently out of the way to be quiet, but within easy walking distance of the Turtle Shack pool and it's amenities, and the bus stop. The grounds were also impeccably maintained, as was the gold course of which we had a view of oneof the holes from our balcony (free from vegetation this time! ).

As a few others have mentioned, housekeeping was a bit hit and miss - some days we were left plenty of coffee, milk etc, others none, and requests for extra cutlery (for some reason we only had forks provided) went unheeded.

One major problem was the air conditioning. Not sure if they have changed the system, but it did seem that it only started working when someone was in the room - when we arrived home from a day in theparks, it was a bit warm. During the night, initially we had it set to around 70degF, but each time it kicked in, the noise woke us. We tried just using the fan, but it got too hot, so we eneded up using ear plugs to try and get some sleep! We reported this several times, but nothing seemd to be done, nor was any message left acknowledging a visit had been made.

Having said that, we still enjoyed our stay at the resort, making good use of the Turtle Shack pool and the laundry facilities located there. Would definitely return, even if it means taking more ear plugs for that air con!

(August 2010 Review) Probably not much to add to previous reviews - as already noted, the rooms are bigger than most hotel rooms we have stayed in both on and off-site.

We (self, DW and DD) stayed in a studio for 12 nights, which had two double beds, a table/chairs, and off the room was an area with a compact kitchen(ette?) area furnished with microwave, full-size fridge, toaster and coffer maker. Opposite was a decent sized wardrobe, and off this area was the bathroom.

We had requested a top-floor studio, as at nearly every hotel we stay at, we find we have a troupe of trainee hippo dancers in the room above us - quite how people make so much noise is beyond me! Our request was met, and we were in a block 35, near to the Turtle Shack Pool. Although a distance from the main resort pool/restaurants, this didn't bother us - in fact, we enjoyed the relatively peaceful pool at the turtle shack, plus we could sit in the sun or swim as the washing was being done in the free laundry facilities adjacent to the pool.

A couple of minor issues - one was that the vegetation had grown so high it obscured any view we would have had from our balcony, the studio was only kitted out for two people (two chairs, two glasses, two mugs), it was looking a bit shabby (I suspect we weren’t in one of the refurbished units! ) and the air con was extremely noisy. In fact, we found it better to leave the a/c on all night rather than have it set to auto and keep stopping and restarting and waking us up.

The resort itself was beautifully landscaped, and had I been more of a keen golfer, I would probably have taken advantage of playing the course that winds it's way through the resort.

We were fortunate enough to have arranged to stay here as part of the Disney offer of 42% discount plus free DDP, which made the stay an extremely good bargain. We didn’t have the opportunity to try Olivias, but we did try a breakfast from Goods to Go on our final morning – disgusting is the only word to describe the meal. It was without doubt the worst food we had tasted at Disney in our 12 days.

The food experience and minor issues noted above aside, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at OKW, enhanced even more by the discount and free DDP.
August 2012
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We are two adults and stayed in a one bedroomed apartment. The apartment was very spacious
The lounge area was very large with 2 sofa beds dining table with 4 chairs. Full kitchen with fridge freezer. dishwasher, waste disposal unit and everything else you could wish for. The bedroom was seperate with a superking size bed.
Bathroom was split in to 2 . one half had toilet sink and shower. The other had wash basin and double jacuzzi bath.
The laundry room had a full size washer and dryer.
The balcony was accessable from the lounge and bedroom, it was very large and well furnished. The apartment was very clean and well maintained.
Our view was over the lake and we loved watching the baby ducks and parents , they seemed to swim over everytime we sat on the balcony.
We have stayed in some of the top Disney hotels but OKW was the most relaxing of them all for us and we will be back in May.
May 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
GEORGE

A beautiful resort. The 2 bed deluxe villa was amazing. It was huge. 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. The pool was fantastic, the kids loved it. Always games and music going on there.

Very peaceful and relaxed.

A couple of points. Goods To Go is very limited , it really could do with a food court. If you don't have a car I would get close to the Hospitality House as its a massive resort. You can get internal buses but could be an issue. I found the buses a bit hit and miss. We did seem to wait around a lot.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to go back and I'm jealous of anyone about to go there!
May 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Excited about Disney

We stayed here in Feb 2012. We loved OKW and are returning in Aug 2014. We found it perfect the 1 bedroom villa is huge ! It was nice to come home from a busy day at parks to the laid back feel of OKW it really does feel like home. Loved Olivia's . The entertainment for the kids was great fun. They hold a outdoor movie night with a BBQ which they roast marshmallows. Loved the pirate slide in main pool surprisingly faster than I thought ! I never got to experience the sauna in the lighthouse! Cannot wait to go back would not stay anywhere else :). Found that the transportation was great for OKW no queues and ran frequently. A1 resort
February 2012
Excited about Disney

We chose Disney's Old Key West over Disney's Saratoga springs resort as the studio's have 2 actual beds so no hassle in making up a bed every night. Rooms are large with small kitchenette area. Ideal for a family of 4 if the kids don't mind sharing a bed. Every staff member we met were very friendly and helpful and most importantly full of that Disney spirit. Main Pool was excellent and a great place to relax late in the evening. Lots of American's use this resort as it's a DVC resort, but we enjoyed talking to them and always find them very friendly. We also had Free DDP included so found it excellent value, would thoroughly recommend this resort and have booked to go here again in 2013
September 2011
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

Clean spacious 2 bed villa, we were given a pack and play for the baby. making 4 adults a baby and one teenager (who had the sofa bed) with plenty of space. the pots were cleaned if we left them there was always fresh laundry powder and washing up liquid. regular bus service though we got on at reception so we didnt have to go round all the resort . lovly pool with games and singing slide and jacuzzi. there was another party with us and we would all return in a heart beat. there were honestly no bad points at all!
September 2011
Imagineer

Amazing resort. Beautiful grounds and the 2 bed, newly renovated villa we had overlooked the sassagoula river with breathtaking effect. (block 46)

My advice would be to go here over Saratoga springs as the rooms are larger and the renovation is just wonderful. A really beautiful and relaxing resort.
September 2011
VIP Dibber

Loved this hotel - so much we've booked for next year. Great location near DTD and central for most of the parks. I think we may have got a refurbished room (a studio) and it was lovely. Great having the little kitchenette and the balcony and the rooms are a little bigger than the standard hotel room. Really comfy beds too. It's very spread out but this didn't bother us as we had a car. There was washing facilities which were free - I assume because the villas have washing machines. Great atmosphere and generally a great "vibe". The downside is the counter service options for dining are very limited.
October 2010
Excited about Disney

We booked a one bedroom here in 2010. When we arrived late at night and very tired from the journey with two children we were most pleased to find that we'd been upgraded to a beautiful two bedroom which had only just been refurbished. We were quite close to the second pool, just a short walk and there was a refillable drink station here as well. We ate at Olivia's often and it was great. Staff were wonderful particularly John who basically said my DD could have whatever she wanted to eat whether it was on the menu or not. We had the DDP so we used a few CS credits for breakfast at Goods To Go before we headed to the parks. The resort is quite spread out but we never waited long for an internal bus and it was quite a pleasant walk to the main centre if we needed to. We also used the boat which takes you to DTD as well. A longer bus ride to the Magic Kingdom was the only downside.
September 2010
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed at OKW for 15 nights from the 24th august through to the 8th September. Can not fault this resort!

From the moment we arrived all CMs were friendly and incredibly helpful, they made my DD aged 2 feel very special.

We stayed in a studio in the Turtle Pond area. We were in studio 4310 (ground floor). The studio was recently refurbished and had a small balcony area which was lovely and clean. The Mouse keepers were fab! The room had two queen size beds, two tables and chairs both inside and on balcony. The kitchenette was well stocked and more than adequate. The bathroom was perfect with a fab shower and bath. We were directly across from the pool and childrens play area, as well as another snack shop (sorry forget the name). The pool was a nice size and never that busy. There was also a laundry room which was free and a small arcade.
We used the main pool alot as DD loved the sand pit and enjoyed all the activities the CMs put on especially the pool party!
If you have children they really look after them.
We ate at Olivias once and the food was excellent epecially the Key Lime Pie (best ive ever tasted). The quick service meals at Goods to go were ok maybe a bit limited.
We were really impressed with the facilities avaliable including the main games room which is staffed. You can play pool, air hockey, darts, PS3, hire disney dvds, do colouring as well as many other activities.

It is most definatly somewhere we would stay again.
September 2010
Imagineer

Great hotel, lovely room. Balcony small on studio but fine. Didn't really make use of it anyway. Big bathroom. Adequate kitchen space with micro, full size fridge, sink and plenty of crockery/cutlery. Resort spread out. I purposely asked for a studio closed to the hospitality centre so that we were close for the buses and food. Also requested high room not too close to trees as the trees and shrubbery around the resort can make the rooms dark. Disney buses great as was boat to DTD.

Entertainment staff at hotel good, played with my son at waterbombs and he had a fab time soaking them. Pool lovely. Food adequate, but it was free on the dining plan.

Did get a great deal on room and got free dining so these made it a good price but without these deals i think it would be an expensive choice of hotel
August 2010
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We stayed here for 1 week in August on DDP. What can I say FANTASTIC. We stayed in a 1 bedroomed villa. It was massive. We stayed in a refurbished room that had both the double bed settee and single bed chair in the lounge. The 1 beds are hugh and really allow a family to have their own space and not be on top of each other. We stayed near the Turtle pond area. The resort is very relaxing and we loved the whole theme of the resort. The main pool was great and the kids love it. We will definitely be back :)
August 2010
Imagineer

Our second on site experience and we loved it so much we are going back in August 2012. The resort has a real laid back feel whilst retaining disney magic. We stayed in a studio at Turtle Pound and found the room to be great for our needs, close to a bus stop and quiet pool. Can't wait to return.
August 2010
Getting excited

This is a really lovel resort, located near DTD parking right outside your door, the size of the rooms are the largest we have ever had and the beds are amazing, all you need to relax from your day at the parks, it can be a way to hospitality house, and I found I missed not having a food court, although they have a 2 places to eat one snack and one sit down I like a food court, the shop food and beer way expensive compared to at Pop, wondered if due to being a delux resort, I would however stay again and recommend it to all, my DD is staying on this trip
December 2009
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

Stayed on DVC points in a 1 bed Villa - overlooking the river, the drive to the main building was quite long but this meant we had a quiet location which in our case we prefered. The location was clsoe to the pool at Turtle Shack. Being the first DVC resort the accomodation is very big!, very clean and the staff are great. Would we go back? Well we have booked for 17 nights in 2009!
October 2008
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Looking for my Ears

I am a disney vacation club member and have used this resort 3 times now.In may 2010 i went to disney but stayed offsite and i think that will be the last time. i missed not being able to just step out of your apartment and just hop straight on a bus to a park (the buses are so frequent your never waiting any longer than five minutes and unlike at home they are all air conditioned). Theres a boat that takes you on a nice relaxing trip to downtown disney and run till quite late into the night. The facilities are always spotlessly clean. i would say that people who like the hustle and bustle of big hotels and family resorts would not like this resort but if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing and friendly resort this is ideal. the studio appartments are a little basic but still better equiped than most hotel rooms and more spacious. The 1 bedroom appartment is great for a small family or a couple looking for luxury.There is a fully equiped kitchen, large living room, a shower that is bigger than my bathroom at home, and who couldnt resist a corner tub that at the flick of a button turns into a jaquizi (just dont add to much bubbles).There is a small restaraunt that in all honesty is a little expensive, a little bar snack shack which is great for a little nibble(chips, hotdogs, salads, burgers, drinks ect) and a shop with everything from clothes to microwave meals( personally i dont use this place as there is a wallmart about 5 minutes drive or a shop at the four corners a little closer).All in all i love this resort a wouldnt think about staying anywhere else.
October 2008
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at OKW in August 2008 in a 2 bedroomed villa. We loved the space you get, the fact that you get a full kitchen, and a washer/drier. We had previously been squashed into a room in POR - so the amount of room was fantastic.

The downsides as others have pointed out was that it is a huge resort - we were a long way from the main pool so ended up driving round to it... and the food court is non-existent - just a tiny serving place which always has a queue.

However I would definitely go back, as now we have had the luxury of a villa, we'd find it hard to squash into one or even 2 rooms!
August 2008
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We all enjoyed our stay here. My DS (9), loved the main pool with the slide. The food at the snack bar was of good quality and the burgers and chips were delicious!

We stayed in a studio on the ground floor, and for the three of us was fine. One night we did find a frog in the room. Other than the frog, the room was lovely and clean, although a little dark. If we stay again, I would ask for a room on the second or third floor.

We went with VH, and the room was cleaned everyday too. On a morning whilst the others were sleeping, I would walk round to goods to go, to get a paper. It was so tranquil and relaxing.

Overall a lovely resort and would stay again.
August 2008
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Dibbing with Tink

We stayed here for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom Villa, such a pretty relaxed resort. I would have liked to have stayed a bit longer so we could have explored more.

Plus points -

Large accomodation
Felt like home from home
Very pretty and quiet
Boat to DTD a bonus
Nice Pool areas
We liked the DVD rental :)

Minus -
Needs a MUCH better food court (or needs a food court ;)
Rooms are about ready for a refurb

Overall, We liked it. It is a very large resort, but that doesnt really bother us.
August 2007
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Very Serious Dibber

I am also a DVC owner here and absolutely love the place - it's Florida feel, lush landscaping, large units and parking right outside of your door (which you cannot see from your balcony).

The views are either golf course, water or woodsy type. The ground floor units often have lots of vegetation around, which gives the resort its attractive look, but can result in less daylight entering the rooms. The interior decor is pastel and light.

The studios are always on the ends of the buildings and have the a/c units nearby, so at times can mean sitting out on the (small) balcony is noisy. However, the balconies of the larger units are huge and, depending upon the location, great places to hang out.

The dining places of Crossroads are just a short drive away and of course, Disney transportation means you have access to all the other Disney resorts and parks - just allow plenty of time.

A great place and a total change from the theme parks. We often go there and don't bother with the parks at all; just a good place for a rest and to recharge.
May 2007
Imagineer

8 girls stayed in a Grand Villa and it was amazing! The Grand Villa is 2 storeys and has one mast bedroom with big bathroom and king bed on the ground floor with kitchen, utility room, dining room and HUGE lounge area as well as a downstair WC and shower room. Upstairs we had 2 double bedded rooms one was very big and the other was very similar to the studio rooms at OKW. We had a ball and we definitely suggested having 2 cars between us. We never felt cramped at any time.

We usually used the quiet pool because we found the main pool too busy.

Stayed before in a Studio in December 2005 and the good thing about these studios is that you get 2 beds rather than a bed and a sofabed. The room did feel tired and in need of refurbishment.

I'm not a fan of the amenities here though although Olivias is a great restaurant.
May 2006
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed here in a studio on rented DVC points. We found the accommodation well equipped,surprisingly spacious and attractively decorated. DH particularly liked the balcony area. We also liked the boat to Downtown Disney . DD, then 6 enjoyed The sandcastle pool. I don't know if our stay here was coloured by the arrival of Hurricane Wilma but we never felt excited by this location in the way we did Villas at Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club Villas . DH felt that it was because it was possible to park right by the units, to many that would be an important advantage but he felt it gave the air of an upmarket housing development, lovely but not very 'Disney'. Of couse many people would also view that as an advantage, a respite from the sensory overload of the parks :-)
October 2005
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

Beautiful Resort Hotel on Disney with a laid back Key West theme and an oasis minutes away from the Disney Theme Parks. The rooms are either studio, one or two bedroom villas or the huge Grand Villas that sleep 12. The rooms are extremely spacious and the villas have excellent kitchen facilities. The grounds are fantastic with the Lake Beauna Vista Golf Course meandering around the apartments, there are 4 pools with the main pool close to the Hospitality House which has a Disney Store, Bar, Olivias Restraunt, Gym and Kids Room. Have stayed at other Disney Hotels, but have always returned to OKW, August 06 will be our 6th stay, highly reccommended.
August 2005
VIP Dibber

I am a Disney Vacation Club Member and my home resort is Disney's Boardwalk, which is a great place to stay. However, we prefer Disney's Old Key West as it is so peaceful and laid back. The Vacation Club states that all their accommodation is supposed to be a 'home from home' and Old Key West really does feel like that. Whenever we arrive at OKW we really do feel like we have come home. It is a short drive - or Disney bus ride - from Downtown Disney and the parks are not too far away either. The accommodation and grounds are beautiful and if you are lucky enought to stay in a villa you will have your very own en suite jacuzzi. The only downside is that there is only one restaurant but I can live with that. I would recommend OKW to anyone and can't wait for my next visit. We fly out 25th November 2006 for 3 glorious weeks!
December 2004
VIP Dibber

We stayed in studio - 2 adults and a 4 year old. Block 42 - turtle pond road - fantastic location. We were steps to the pool which was great for younger kids and the snack bar. Snack bar opened afternoon only during our non peak season stay. We love the real key west and this had the right vibe. We didn't use the buses - were able to park close to the room. We used the boat to DTD which was a nice change. Lack of QS didn't bother us. Port orleans FQ is literally 2 mins drive and DTD 5 mins drive around the corner. There was kids crafts and movies but never got around to trying. Room was spacious and newly renovated. loved the kitchen area - great to make a quick breakfast and keep leftover desserts and drinks cool. Hope to be back 2012.
January 1970
slightly serious Dibber

January 1970
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Stayed at OKW in May 2022. with there only being two adults we had the studio room. We were in building 18 on Millers road which was walking distance for bus stop and Hospitality house.
This is a fabulous laid back resort and makes you feel relaxed after a day at the park. We had a fantastic view of the golf course which was fab to wake up to. would have posted some pics but there was no option to do this.
There is a leisurely boat ride to Disney Springs along wirh resort buses to get you to the parks
Would i come back again? yes in a heartbeat..
January 1970
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]