Fax 407-938-4040
Rooms 2880
Official Rating
Members Rating (4.6)

Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
I have Ears

1st time staying in this hotel and cannot fault it. The Skyliner station for Epcot and Hollywood Studios are located on hourglass lake and so quick and easy to get to. Only had to get buses for Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs. We didn't do the water parks. Stayed in the 90's building and was easy to walk to Skyliner but quicker to walk through the car park to the main entrance than walk through the property to get to reception or the buses.

Eat a few times from the quick service. Chicken Pasta and Pizza were lovely. Refills were worth it for our stay. Cost of $19.99 per mug. You could refill tea's, coffees, hot chocolate, water and fountain drinks in the refill mugs as many times as you like during your stay so grabbed a refill coffee on our way out and fountain drinks on our return every evening. They do have and RFID chip in the base of the cup.
We stayed when Disney Dining Plan was not option offered by Disney but we did get credit from Disney to pay towards food and merchandise.

Beds are super comfy, lots of pillows to choose from. Housekeepers came every other day. The fridge is actually a wine cooler and would not advise using it for milk but the Quick service had small cartons of milk you could buy. Complimentary coffee sachets in the room from Joffery's.

Used the laundry twice, you can only pay by card but if you sign up to the app, you get credit of $5. It was $3.25 a wash in January 2023.

Will stay again in the future as the skyliner made this valve hotel a really good option.
January 2023
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Trying for More Ears

Just got back from a week at this resort. Really enjoyed staying there, the skyline is great, only wasn’t working one morning and had buses turn up in minutes.
Always able to find somewhere to sit in the food court, which had the sort of food you would expect at a value resort.
April 2022
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Apprentice Imagineer

Fab hotel
Fab location, very central 👍🏼
Lovely decor
Very clean
Big fridge
If I was to stay in a value resort again this would deffo be my top choice 💗
November 2015
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed here on our second trip we wanted to stay onsite for the extra benefits but as we don't spend much time in the actual room couldn't see the point in paying more that we had to.

Weren't sure what to expect but had a great experience when we arrived, where off the bus, checked in and on our way to our room within 15 min. Room location was great in the 50's block facing away from the pool, only a short walk to food court and bus stops and not to busy.

Food courts was good although busy but with just 2 of us not really a problem and always found a table, found it a little less chaotic in the seating area by the ice cream counter. Room was always clean and when we requested towels they came quickly. Couple of times we did run out of toilet paper.

One issue was on the last day out magic bands wiped the remaining dining plan credits, it took ages to get this sorted and resulted in us not getting to use all of our snack credits, while this was going on DH lost his hearing aid and the front desk staff where less than helpful trying to assist us which was annoying as we were leaving in 15 min. Although Art of Animation staff where great and it was located and returned in time to get the bus just!
September 2014
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

Booked through the US website and got a great deal for 9 nights here with free QSDP which we upgraded to full DDP. Really love the resort. Bus service was busy but frequent and the pool areas were brilliant. We had 4 of us in the room 2 adults and 2 kids age 1 and 2. Rooms aren't huge but we thought there was plenty of space for our party. Food court is usually busy but we always found seats and the food was good.
November 2013
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

We stayed here November 2012 (slightly late review!) as we wanted to stay onsite but had booked late so missed out on all the free dining offers. We usually stay at OKW so. I was a bit apprehensive about a value. I needn't have worried because the hotel was great! The rooms are obviously a lot smaller than the deluxe studios at OKW but there were only 2 of us so not a problem. Not sure I would've been comfortable with any more people! When we opened the door we practically fell on one of the beds it was so close! The addition of a fridge in the rooms is great but no coffee machine unfortunately. The beds were comfortable and we seemed to be in a fairly quiet bit in the 80's block near to the computer pool. This is a bit of a walk from the food court but the trade off is a quiet area. The food court is great with a good selection of food. We didn't find it too busy but did go off season.
I would stay here again if my budget required it.
November 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

I stayed at pop with my mum and my dd aged 2. I was a little worried about whether I would like a 3* Disney hotel after doing the moderates. How wrong I was. We loved it. The theming was great, especially for my dd. the children's pool was big and ver quiet, so was great for toddlers. The food court was big, simple food but a fairly good choice. The rooms are a little tired (think new bed covers etc are due soon) but came with a fridge. They are smaller than the moderates but did the job for us. The resort is massive though! We paid extra for a preferred room, and I am glad we did, my mum walks ith a stick, so being close to the main building was handy. Be warned though, it's a long way to the car park - mum found this quite hard.

Overall we had a great week at pop, and I certainly would recommend it!
July 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

First time at Pop, and first budget hotel. Pleasantly surprised. Whole resort very clean. Good size room with iron/ironing board and mini fridge. Rather basic resort, 3 basic pools but a nice resort. Probably more ideal for families with children.
May 2012
Cleanliness [3] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [3]
Excited about Disney

This was my first visit to a value and I was a bit concerned having only stayed at moderates before. But Pop will now be my new favourite hotel.
The room was a reasonable size and I got my request for 60s, top floor, lake view, although i did have to wait a day for this. The view was amazing and you could see the high fireworks of Wishes and Illuminations.
The food court was really good with a vast selection of food. I loved the choc chip pancakes for breakfast and the icecream sundaes (for a dessert on the ddp) were such good value.
The buses were great and I only had one wait of more than 15 minutes. Even during really busy times at park closing when the line snaked round a while, 2 or even 3 buses would arrive in close succession and clear the line really quickly.
The CMs working here were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble.
I thoroughly recommend a stay here.
September 2011
VIP Dibber

We where here in September 2010. What can I say this place is the best buget resort in Disney I give it 100% on everything but the food
September 2010
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

we stayed here it was very nice we realy injoyed it alot only one thing to say to just take our world just go! love this place can not wait to go back here
September 2010
Having Dinner with Goofy

Had read mixed reviews about this hotel before staying and was so glad to get there and stay in a great hotel. From the second we walked into the reception area to check in it surpassed all my expectations. Check in was smooth, reception staff friendly and welcoming. The room was good, massive bed and round the back of the block so quiet at all times. The best bit of the hotel has to be the bus service to and from the parks, we never waited more than 10 mins for any of the destinations. Will definatley stay here again if I am lucky enough to go back.
April 2010
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Getting Excited

We stayed in the 50's block which had a great pool.I know the 80/90's block has been refurbished ,Flat screen TV's etc ,not sure about the other blocks.The hotel is excellent,the only down points are the double beds are a bit small ,you can here toilets flushing and noise from other rooms but these are very minor points.
Theres no PC for internet access but they will print your on-line boarding passes at the front desk
April 2010
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
slightly serious Dibber

We have just arrived back from our holiday and we were booked into POP. On arrival I thought the lobby was lovely and the theme of the hotel was great very kid friendly. We requested a room in the 70s building a few days before, on arrival they said we could not have our request and we were put in the 50s building. The walk to our room was fine and it was not too far away from the centre.
However everything went wrong when we opened the door to our room. We did not get a renovated room as requested and the room we were in was dirty. The bath wasnt clean and the room was shabby. The room was very small which I expected being a value resort but not quite this small.
It tipped me over the edge when they brought the travel cot and it was really dirty it had brown stains all over it and smelt really bad. It also did not stand straight. I rang up and they sent housekeeping who brought another one which was slightly better but not much. In the meantime my husband had gone to ask if we could pay to change resorts and the manager moved us to CBR for free.
In my opinion there is a big difference between value and moderate as CBR was fantastic.
April 2010
Cleanliness [1] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [2] Overall Impression [2]
Very Serious Dibber

I cannot fault any Disney resort for general cleanliness and friendly atmosphere!
We enjoyed our stay at this resort, we have stayed at three value resorts in total and loved the fun fell of this one.
The pools were lovely and general buzz gave it a lovely ambience. The food court is the same as the All Star Resorts and offer a generally good variety. It is quite a large resort but fun to explore. We enjoyed many an evening just having a little wander about.
I would return again with no quarms!
November 2009
Getting excited

I was worried about staying at a value hotel but wanted to be onsite, We had a great time, the food court was good, could get sticky at the drink station with all the children spilling drinks, but it was stocked and cleaned all the time, the pools lovely, bar staff are nice, nice onsite shop, good bus service, rooms are not huge but clean, I did find beds a bit small to share with DH, I wouls stay again but not share a bed!
August 2009
Getting Excited

This was our second visit to POP century, having also stayed at various All Star resorts. We were really surprised how much quieter Pop was in comparison to the All Star resorts in July. There are always a lot of tours booked into the All Star resorts in July, but these don't spill over to POP fortunately. The resort has a really fun feel to it just like the All Star resorts. POP is the best value resort we have stayed in, and we would definitely recommend it.
The room was a reasonable size and we got our room request for 60s, top floor, lake view. The view was amazing and you could see the high fireworks of Wishes and Illuminations.
The food court was really good with a vast selection of food. The buses were great and we never waited longer than 15 mins.
The CMs working here were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble.
We thoroughly recommend a stay here.
July 2009
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

We did 2 short stays here on our honeymoon. We loved it so much we are going back this year
June 2009
Imagineer

We stayed here for a total of 7 nights split stay with a villa for our honeymoon in june 09. It was fab and had a very disney feel, we ate at some of the more expensive disney resorts but none shouted disney more than pop century!
June 2009
Imagineer

This was our second stay here and omce agian we loved it. The theming is brilliant, the kids absolutely love it. The rooms are average, not luxurious by any means but spotlessly clean and as a base they are just fine.

The food court is noisy but has so much choice, we ate there several times. Try the tye die cheesecake, it's wonderful!

The bus service is the best we've ever experienced and we've previously stayed at 3 deluxe hotels.

April 2009
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Excited about Disney

Been twice to Orlando and stayed in International Drive.

Decided to stay on site this year and was not disappointed. We made full use of the extra hours. We decided against using the free transport as we had a convertible hire car and wanted to eat off site as well as hop around. We did a park in the morning (with extra hours), water park in the afternoon and a different park in the evening (using extra hours).

Great base to lay your head so you can get a head start each morning.

Food court seemed to be very busy all the time, long queues.
April 2009
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
Apprentice Imagineer

We have stayed here twice, December 08 and September 07 and my DD now 10 is clamouring for a return visit August 2010. The rooms are adequate although as others have said they can be a little dark. DD loves the massive multi coloured icons , the goofy water jets, the Hippy Dippy pool and winning tickets for little prizes in the arcade. The food court is useful, we like using our refillable mugs but quality and value are only so so and it can get a little chaotic at busy times. We found bus transport to be fine at all except busiest times eg after Spectromagic at Magic Kingdom . There are Disney hotels I prefer but the value for money at Pop century will keep me returning so long as Dd continues to enjoy it so much.
December 2008
Getting Excited

this was a suprise to us..realy nice hotel/resort good location good shops/lobby/food court/ and all pools were good clean and tidy.room were a good size and clean would recomend and go again...
December 2008
Getting Excited

This was our first on site stay. The theming is big and bold and quite exciting especially when you first arrive.
Rooms are a bit on the smaller side than other Disney resorts and there is no tea/coffee making facilities.
Food court was ok but can get very busy. Pools were fantastic!
Buses were inconsistent, some times we waited ages (over 35mins) sometimes only minutes.
All in all not a bad resort but it is Disney and affordable!
November 2008
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We stayed at Pop Century in Oct/Nov 2008 for 14 nights.

The hotel room was basic and not particularly large but it was clean and beds comfortable. Perfectly acceptable for us and we didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyway.

The swimming pools were very nice. Clean and warm.

We were never troubled with noise in our room from the pool area or the rooms neighbouring us.

We loved the theming of the hotel. It was really fun and very Disney.

The food court and shop area was very good although it did get busy at peak times where you had to queue for food but other than that very happy with it.

We only used the bus service once but found it very efficitent.

Our boys loved it and wanted to go back again! We wanted to go back again on our next trip but have decided to try a spilt holiday of Deluxe Hotel/Villa.
October 2008
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

We absolutely love POP Century! Stayed here in 2005, 2007 and 2008. Every time has been great. The theming is brilliant - you feel like you are in Disney the whole time of your stay! The food court is really good - can get busy on mornings - good selection of food. The pools are great fun - we used the one near to our room. We always stay in the 80s buildings and can park right near the door. Great location as we sometimes drove into Kissimee to eat dinner and it wasn't too far to drive out. It is really great value for money - we have stayed in moderate Disney hotels - POR - and didn't find it was much better than the value POP Century resort.
October 2008
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

This was our 2nd visit to POP. Must admit, it wasn't as good this time as it was last time...

Plus side - very child friendly, outside of hotel VERY well maintained (gardens/public areas), rooms very clean, free Disney transport, etc.

Minus side - the lifts in the 70's block both had loose buttons/missing buttons and frames falling off the wall. The drinks machine on the 3rd floor seemed to spend most of its time either switched off or out of order. We also noticed just how noisy this hotel is. You can hear every noise coming from all the rooms either side of you and above you, and the delicate little footsteps of children running along the corridor really aren't that delicate in this hotel. I like to think I can put up with most things but the next door neighbours who insisted on having a shower every night after midnight really did start getting on my nerves after the 5th night of doing so. The Hippy Dippy Pool had to be closed 3 times during our stay, once for the entire day (the hottest of the entire trip I think!), because someone had had too much to drink the night before and had done something nasty in the pool. Not really the hotel or staff's fault, but just something I didn't expect. However, the hotel staff were outstanding in the day-to-day management and running of the pool and did try their best to keep the children entertained while the pool was shut.
The worst thing I found was the food court. The food was ok, typical food court stuff. But the drinks islands were another matter. 1 was out of use for the entire of our stay, and half of one of the others was covered up as well. We were left with only one sink to wash out the mugs for the last 5 days, which resulted in huge queues. There was only 1 hot chocolate machine and 1 iced tea machine for most of the stay as well. It just seemed as though there weren't enough maintanance people for the hotel and things that you would expect to go wrong with this age of hotel just weren't being fixed. I would also agree that most of the staff that were on the food tills seemed to have had a 'Disney Bypass' and appeared miserable and overworked.

We have said that we will stay with Disney again, but not at this resort. For family's on a budget with children, it is ideal, but if you are wanting something with that little bit of Disney sparkle, it might be worth looking elsewhere...
July 2008
Cleanliness [3] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [2]
Helping Donald

Again, it's Disney so hard to fault. Stayed in the 80s section, which was a bit hard to find (and it didnt help that we arrived at 2am Florida time, 5 hrs late due to the delays in planes). Still, the staff were helpful all the same. I would go back, even although i felt it was slightly dated in comparison to AS Movies.
June 2008
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
slightly serious Dibber

We have been to Florida five times now and always stayed in a non Disney hotel but this time the children are old enough to appreciate it we decided to go Disney for the first time. We went for POP because as a many members state the hotel is simply somewhere to rest your head as most of the time you are out and about.

The Pro's - the hotel is spotlessly clean and in general people seem to hae a smile on their faces. It is easy to get around and despite the fact that we were in the 80's building in a lakeside facing room, which we had requested for the peace and quiet, it was a very short walk to the restaurant and main building area. Parking was easy and the grounds and theming were good.

The Con's - despite taking the view that you only go to the room to sleep, the rooms at POP made me realise that this is wrong. The hotel IS part of the holiday and the rooms were very small and drab. Everything is brown and coupled with the small window, it gives the sense that the rooms are very dark. The two double beds were not the doubles that you would think of in the UK, but something between a single and a UK double and it was "cozy" with two adults in the bed. The food in the restaurant ranged from poor to good and everything inbetween and the people serving the food had not been given the "Disney injection" and were not the happy, smiley people you expect to meet in a Disney location. Finally, noise was not particularly a problem where we were, but you could har the "power flushes" of toilets around you if you listened hard enough!

All in all, I guess that I wouldn't stay there again, not particularly because there was anything wrong but because I expected far more of a Disney hotel. To be honest if you took away the Disney signage and the themeing, it wouldn't be any different from one of the cheaper hotels/motels in the brochures. I simply feel for what you pay for a Disney hotel, I could have stayed at a 4* or even 5* hotel outside of Disney or even a very nice villa. I'm glad I did the Disney stay and there are the benefits of free transport, extra hours, etc. but for me not again.
May 2008
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [2] Overall Impression [3]
slightly serious Dibber

This was our first experience of WDW and we weren't disappointed.

The check in was seamless and helped by the fact there was a TV/DVD room just off reception.
We were located in the '50s part of the resort which was nice, but it was a good walk to the food court.

On arrival DW was a little underwhelmed by the room as it was just 2 double beds, wardrobe and bathroom. don 't expect too much from the rooms as you just need a place to crash.

The buses to and from the parks where great. The staff we friendly and helpful with tickets and opening hours.

All in all a great introduction to Disney.
May 2008
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

This was our first visit to Disney (April 08) and we decided to stay at Pop. We stayed in the 1950's building which was fairly peaceful, very close to the pool and just a few minutes walk away from the food court.

The room itself was spotless as was the whole complex. The lifeguards at the pool were totally on the ball and I really felt like my kids were safe. As the site has three pools, they never seemed to be too crowded.

The food court was limited in choice but ok. We found that after 8am, it got very busy and by 8.30, it was difficult to get a table.

The thing that suprised me the most was the amount of wildlife. There saw rabbits, squirrels, turtles and lots of ducks with ducklings (who loved using the pool first thing in the morning.)

All in all, Pop is a great hotel and I hope we will be able to go back one day.
April 2008
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Earning More Ears

I liked this place it was a nice place to stay i liked it
February 2008
Earning More Ears

we loved this resort.
we found it very clean, all the staff are very friendly,the food court was nice and big, and all 3 pools were large,the rooms had a lot of space & the shop was great.
we have stayed here once and are going back again this year. =D

January 2008
Imagineer

Stayed here in Oct 2005 and Oct 2007 , both stays were great. The kids love this resort with its theming .

The rooms are a bit on the small side but for a family with small kids then this shouldn't be an issue. The complex is well kept and very clean.

The dedicated bus service makes the Pop a better option than the other On-site budget resorts.
October 2007
Imagineer

Fun, clean, large pool nice bar area, nice shop but carries less than some other resort shops. good bus locations for rooms 3300 block. Better transportation than CBR. friendly staff. limited food choices but nice food. good theaming! :) Goofy spash fountain for kids!
September 2007
Excited about Disney

We absolutely loved pop century. There was just me, hubby and ds (2) at the time and we had a great time. We were in the 80's block which was pacman, rubiks cube, walkman, etc themed. The rooms were standard, but perfect for a base...we looked at it as somewhere to sleep/rest. The chambermaids were fab and shaped flannels into animals and left them on my sons bed, he loved it!

We would stay here again :)
September 2007
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We stayed here during the Free Disney Dining Plan in September. This was also the first time we have been to WDW without a rental car. I was really pleasantly surprised at the Disney Transport at POP Century, even at the buiest times we only had to wait a maximum of 15 minutes for the next Bus, usually the Bus was there waiting or very soon after we arrived at the Bus Stop.

The resort is one of Disney's 'Value' or budget resorts, it is much like the All-Stars resorts in layout and style with several pools, food court and oversized themed icons.
We stayed on the top floor of the 50's building, here it was very pleasant, quiet and only a short walk to the food court and bus stops.

The room is small but is adequate for a family of 4, having two double beds, table 2 chairs, TV cabinet with draws for clothes etc. There is an Iron and Ironing board in the rooms and also a Key operated wall safe. Internet access is also available if you have a laptop for an extra $9.95 per 24 hour period.

The room was clean and the maid did a good job each morning preparring the room ready for our return. Very often we would find various towel animals on our return and by the end of two weeks we had quite a collection.

We only ate in the food court a couple of times and although I would class the food here at the lower end of the food you will find elsewhere on disney property it was still acceptable with a surprisingly wide choice available.

Overall, I like this resort very much and would probably return again, it is a budget resort however you are still 'on-site' and you still receive the happy atmosphere that Disney seem to project. Younger kids will absolutely adore the resort with all the large icons and the parents will be taken back to their childhood memories with all the past reminders of things they grew up with.
September 2007
Dibbing with Tink

Stayed here for 2 weeks and LOVED it, I was a bit worried I wouldnt like it, as it looked a bit like Butlins :)

We stayed in the 60s section just by the Hippy Dippy pool and it was Fab. It is such a Vibrant Fun Resort and it just Screams Disney Family Fun.

Great food court aswell, better than any other Disney resort we have stayed at. The rooms are very bright and airy and mousekeeping was fab.

Cant wait to go back :)
September 2007
Imagineer

Fantastic hotel.

Busy feel about the place with a lot of things going on, which I think keeps you in that Disney mood.

Rooms clean and basic. No problems at all, and had everything we needed. Only the 2 of us so plenty of room.

Food court great. Lots of choice. Does get a little busy, but all depends on what time you get there. Shop also in this section, with a lot of choice!

Pools great. We were next to the computer pool which was quiter than the main pool, but headed over to the main one several times.

Arcade area great for children or big children as the case may be.

Busses were regular, and only on a couple of occasions did we have to wait for the 'next one'.

Overall... great hotel, good theming, nice food and definately keeps you in the Disney spirit once back from the parks!
August 2007
Excited about Disney

My DB and myself stayed at Disney’s Pop Century resort last Aug. We loved it! The transport was fantastic, the most we waited for a bus was around 10 mins and that was straight after Wishes had finished.
The hotel had a great food hall and the food was gorgeous.
We kept hearing before we went about how the rooms were noisy but we didn’t find this. The rooms were quiet and the pools were lovely!
We would defiantly stay there again!
August 2007
Imagineer

Stayed here the year we bough into DVC - We had the 70's Block - looking over the lake - Best place for peace and quiet as the pool can still be busy late into the evening. Food courts are clean and the food is OK.
The rooms are a good size and MouseKeeping was fantastic - room cleaned everyday. Would we go again? Yes - if we wanted Disney on a budget - Spot on
August 2007
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Apprentice Imagineer

Loved staying at Pop, we were in the 50's section overlooking the bowling pin pool. The resort was very clean and it was a really enjoyable experience. The one downside was the bus service after park closing as the queues were horrendous! At MK we had to wait for 7 busses and it took over an hour :(
August 2007
Proud to wear my Ears

I love this hotel! Ive stayed here twice. One in 2005 and another in 2007. Their is nothing I can fault on this hotel apart from in 2005 we didn't stay in a preferred room and the walk to the main building was a long one, so if you don't like walking defo book a preferred room :) but I would recommend this hotel to everyone!
June 2007
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We have just returned and really enjoyed this hotel.

The room was basic but clean & it was so convenient for the parks, it was a place to sleep, get showered and back out again.

The food was ok - but not for everyday, & not for you if you like your buffets or meat and 2 veg.

There's no fridge in the room - they are available for an extra charge, but we found a couple of beers and loads of ice in the ice bucket was sufficient.

The $11.99 refillable mugs were invaluable.

We could hear next doors toilet flushing - but it was no louder than listening to the kids snore all night.

-considering going back next year, we enjoyed it so much.
October 2006
Imagineer

Really enjoyed our stay here, was our first time on site.
Rooms were nicely furnished and were clean and tidy. Housekeeping was good, plenty of fresh towels and 3 towel animals were left.
Main pool was very busy in the late afternoons and evenings, and I dont know how much noise can be heard from the rooms overlooking it.
Go to the Bridge at Hourglass Lake, there are lots of Catfish and Turtles there who like being fed ! .
October 2006
Imagineer

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, the rooms were well furnished, though slightly smallish. The theming is great for children, very bright and cheerful. It is a large resort though, we were in the 70's block, near the main hall so not too far to walk, but other blocks were much further out. The food court was large and had a good selection of food, though it was busy and we sometimes struggled to find a free table easily. The CMs were all very friendly and helpful (apart from a bartender 1 night!), the Mousekeeping was always good. The pool was good and the kids had fun with the 'fountains' near our block.
September 2006
Imagineer

We stayed here in August during the time the free dining plan was in operation. I was disappointed with quite a few things. The mousekeeping was not up to standard and even with having left a lovely present and note there was no acknowledgement. On some days the room was not cleaned properly and on one occasion the beds werent even made!
Smoke constantly leaked through the air con to our room - this was really foul. We found the walls paper thin too.
The bus queues were sometimes huge. On several occasions we waited more than 30 mins. There were problems with the laundry rooms too. We just couldnt get a slot until after midnight on the occasions we used it. People were pretty fraught about this.
The food choices were very good but I didnt like the fact that the food court led directly on to the shop area. It was just a complete bottleneck at times.
Overall. Pop was just not for us. It was far too large and busy and we would not want to stay there again. I think the value resorts are excellent but I dont like this one.
August 2006
Cleanliness [2] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [2] Overall Impression [1]
Apprentice Imagineer

Good location for doing the parks with quick access to the I4 to go north to US/IOA and south to Busch Gardens

3 good sized pools but could do with the water being deeper the 4 ft

Good room service including during the evening PIZZA delivery

The food hall reminds us of Butlins but Fortunately the food is well up to standard
and can say the carrotcake is superb

Depending on which building you get it can be stroll to your car

the only thing that let the room down was the wall safe at 12inX8in but only 2.5in deep and locked with a key not an electronic pin system
May 2006
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

I can't actually believe the last time I stayed here was 2005 because I absolutely loved this hotel. My favourite value resort because of the location and the buses always seem easier here than at All Stars

Rooms have 2 double beds and I found it easy enough to share with 2 adults and with young children I think you have enough room still for the 4 of you.

The food court is very good and I never found it overwhelming.

Pools are all good my favourite is the pool by the 50s building. Great pool bar though! I love that you can boogie your way round the resort because of the music that plays throughout.

Clean and the staff were really helpful.
October 2005
Imagineer

Wonderful fun hotel, great for kids of all ages. My teen DD loved it. Great theming, take time to check out the memorabilia in the foyer.

Food court has a great selection of vegetarian/vegan food at good value prices.

Hotel room basic but comfortable and clean with all amenities.

Bus service was good for all the parks.

Lovely main pool, very clean and not too busy especially early in the morning.

August 2005
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

We stayed here in Feb/March 2003, really couldnt fault the hotel, clean friendly, great staff.
The rooms were quite large, with 2 double beds. Lots of coathangers.
Downside was the eating area was not large enough, and the buses were madness.
Would definatly stay again, The staff were wonderfull.
March 2003
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

We stayed here for 7 nights during August and found it to be perfect. The rooms were compact but very clean and also had the benefit of a fridge to keep our drinks and snacks cold. The buses didn't stop at any other resorts which made our journey's to the parks very straightforward. On site laundry was great as was the disney store (we had several things delivered there from the parks for our son). Food court had plenty of choice and we also took advantage of the refillable mugs. Stayed in 50's block on the second floor overlooking the lake and it was brilliant. We can't wait for our next visit!
January 1970