Fax (407) 934-5353
Rooms 1008
Official Rating
Members Rating (4.6)

Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Imagineer

Lovely quiet, small resort (by Disney standards). The rooms themselves are fairly compact, but similar in size to other moderate resorts, but otherwise clean, tidy and comfortable. There's a reasonable amount of storage for clothes and other stuff, plenty of USB sockets to charge devices, coffee machine (which we also used to make tea), aircon wasn't too noisy, beds were comfy.

The resort itself is very pretty and easy to get around. The walk by the river side is lovely (if a bit hot - though that's not a fault of the hotel!). The quick service restaurant does some good meals, including very large pizzas and scrummy pasta. The beignets are wonderful! The shops is small but fairly good for a look around. The pool looked nice although we never actually got round to splashing around in it - we were too busy at the parks.

The transport was also very good. We never waited particularly long for a bus, only 10 mins or so. The screens showing when the next bus was due to arrived worked well and is handy. There's also a fantastic boat service to Riverside and down to Disney Springs, which is very pleasant.

Overall, we highly enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.
April 2023
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Getting Excited

We stayed here for 12 nights in Feb 2020, personally I loved it...my other half however wasn't as keen (although still enjoyed it) but I don't think he can see past CBR!

It's super compact which I loved, there really is no rooms that are a bad selection!

We had a standard room, was around the corner from the food court and had a beautiful view of the gardens and even had a little shortcut through to the bus stop!

Talking of buses...this is probably my only "complaint", I'm not sure if it was because it was low season but we waited well over 30mins for buses most days for all parks and the screens which displayed the wait times weren't working and neither was the bus times on MDX. One night we nearly missed a dinner reservation at DS due to waiting almost 50 minutes for a bus (I know we should have planned better). However this isn't our usual experience at Disney resorts so it's not a huge sticking point.

We did however LOVE the boat ride to DS, oh my! We ended up using it every night after the bus incident, such a beautiful route at sunset :)

I would say for us as a couple without children, this resort was wonderful. Scats Cats Club was fantastic at night and it really did have a "cosy" feel to the whole resort.

1 thing I would have liked is better dining options, perhaps a TS but I understand with the resort being so small it's probably not feasible.

I think we'll be back to our usual CBR next time but really glad we had the chance to stay here :)
February 2020
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

We stayed unexpectedly at POFQ for just 3 nights due to a cruise being cancelled - it's the first moderate resort we've stayed at. We found it to be a lovely compact resort with a great boat service to Disney Springs. It's really pretty with lovely garden areas dotted around, and good photo ops with the theming. The QS food court is really good - I had the famous beignets for breakfast. The room was in block 2 very near the lobby, pool, restaurant and bars. Pool area looked great especially for kids. We didn't use the FQ buses as we had no park tickets for those few days, so used the boats a
lot, then the Springs buses to get to other resorts etc. We also really enjoyed the gorgeous walk to POR (a mile along the riverbank) to eat TS.
September 2019
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

Stayed at FQ as a party of 6 across 2 rooms. At check in the cast members made sure we were in nearby rooms. Such a lovely resort to walk around. Only a 2 minute walk from the room to the food court and the pool. Even less of a walk to the bus stop. Food court has a great variety of choice, pizza, pasta, fried chicken and lots of New Orleans style food. Beignets are delicious. Kids loved the pool, we loved the pool bar. Great to get the boat to DS. Overall we loved it.
August 2019
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
GEORGE

Absolutely loved this resort. Our 4th Disney property that we have stayed and by far our favourite. It’s a small resort and everything is walking distance. Good pool, good food court and a nice relaxed feel. I can’t wait to go back.:)
May 2019
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Excited about Disney

Love this hotel, we will always pick this one over riverside, we love how compact it is, its so quaint and quiet and nice, the food court serves some delicious meals, and they now have the coke freestyle machines, which is even better with the refillable mugs. The rooms are spacious enough and clean! I cannot fault this resort - a plus is only have one bus stop and the boat to Disney Springs too :D
October 2017
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Excited about Disney

This is a gorgeous hotel from the moment you enter the lobby.
We stayed in block 4, which was just across from the restaurant and at the back was a cut through to the bus stops.
The resort is a lot smaller than most of Disneys resorts but I think this is a good thing, restaurant was never over crowded neither were the pool area or the splash area. we used the washing/dryers and they were very easy to use.
we travelled down to Disney Springs on the boat and that was a lovely journey that I would highly recommend.

Buses arrived empty and on the journey back they were never too busy.

We were here during Storm Irma, the hotel was amazing we ended up staying 7 nights instead of the original 5, we had been constantly updated on the storm, procedures and park details (as parks were closed for 2 days). During the curfew they provided foods and entertainment for the children which included a visit from Chip & Dale and Pluto. could not fault them at all and felt very safe.

I couldn't recommend this hotel enough, wonderful staff, beautiful surroundings
September 2017
Imagineer

I really like it here and would happily stay again. That said my family disagreed and found the room small and dark (they are spoilt ;). When we were there it was in need of a refurb so I think that's part of it, especially the QS location Sassagoula which I understand has now been completely re-done. Great pool area, enjoy the atmosphere and the ability to get a boat down to Disney Springs is nice (albeit there can be a reasonable wait from the FQ jetty). We didn't walk down to the Riverside sister hotel but that is obviously a thing.
April 2015
Cleanliness [3] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [3]
Imagineer

Loved this resort. It was our first on-site stay (2 nights). The room was fantastic (water view). Really compact so very easy to get around. Only downside was no table service, but we could have gone up to Riverside.
March 2015
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed 9 nights at this hotel and I have to confess that so far it is my favourite.

I love the theming, I love the quaintness of it, after spending your days walking all round the parks it's nice to come back and be close to everything. We were in block 4 and our room was an ok size. We did have to switch the air con off as the unit was so noisy but it was ok as we left the ceiling fan on.

The food court was decent we ate a few times here, and I struggled to get my boys out of the pool each night, as they loved it.

We enjoyed taking the water taxi to downtown disney especially with the construction going on we will definitely come back here!
October 2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Stayed in block 3 inter connecting rooms on ground floor. Very clean and well looked after by housekeeping during our stay. Very quiet block as on edge of hotel. Only a few minutes walk to restaurant, pool and transport stops.
On qsdp with refillable cups, limited choice if you prefer still, cold drinks but hot chocolate was nice. Generally food in restaurant was good and large portions with lots of choice. Staff were friendly and explained dining plan well.
Pool was fine for cooling down and a quick swim but lacked much else for my older children.
Laundrette facilities accessed using magic bands and need credit card. A card can be purchased from front desk but the machine did not work whilst we were there so we had to do $2 card transactions for each wash and dryer.
Transport from the hotel was generally good in a.m. but during middle of day was shared with Riverside which made for a slow journey. Boat ride to DTD was pleasant and fairly regular.
Bell services were helpful and looked after luggage on last day so we could go to parks.
We hope to return soon 😊
August 2014
Helping Mickey

Amazing hotel. Very fast check in too.
Nice and small and compact, not as crazy as other disney hotels.
We stayed in building 5 facing the movies at night and the campfire, really nice.
Lovely swimming pool too.
Definitely recommend staying here.
October 2013
VIP Dibber

Just got back recently from this wonderful hotel. It is beautifully themed, clean and the staff are very warm, welcoming and helpful. We enjoyed being able to use the food court and facilities at the riverside but we preferred the smaller more intimate feel of the French quarter. The children absolutely loved the pool are at the hotel. We all enjoyed the food and we wouldn't hesitate in staying here again. It really was a lovely hotel and it made the holiday even more magical!
August 2013
VIP Dibber

A lovely quiet relaxed resort. Staff were all really friendly and helpful. We would recommend POFQ to anyone, either with or without children. My one and only complaint was there were never enough coffee pods for the coffee maker, but you can always get extra from reception
August 2013
Excited about Disney

Stayed here in 2013. The resort itself is small which is great as it seemed so much quieter than Port Orleans Riverside. The overall themeing is as you would expect based on the French Quarter of New Orleans. There are lots of trees, gardens and well maintained flower beds throughout the resort giving it a pleasant appeal.

We particularly enjoyed the food court at French Quarter as there was a large selection of food that was different to your normal Disney food court.

We stayed in a standard room which due to the size of the resort was right by the amenities making it easy to go and fill up resort mugs ect when in the room. The room itself was a decent size with 2 king beds and large screen tv.

We intend to return to this resort as we enjoyed staying here!
August 2013
Earning My Ears

Just back from 13 nights.Can't say enough good about stay,everything was superb.Also Disney Dining Plan - brilliant.
July 2013
Excited about Disney

A very quaint resort. Quite a small resort and despite which building block you are located in, it is not far to the food court and pool. Much quieter than Riverside. Probably more suited for adults - Would say Caribbean Beach is the most suitable for children as that was more lively. French Quarter felt more laid back and relaxing, and lacked the typical Disney magic (for us). As well as the bus transport, you can get a boat to Downtown Disney which is rather peaceful. I would happily return and also recommend.
May 2013
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Helping Minnie

Just got back from 2 weeks at POFQ and had a great time. As previous reviewers mentioned it is a quiet and relaxed atmosphere which we loved. We were in building 7 which was furthest away from the centre, so a very minor pain to get your refills but still just a 5 min walk max (or 1 min run for the kids!). The bus service was great, apart from those that go via Riverside and the 4 stops there - and the river service to Downtown is highly recommended, a nice trip and avoids the parking hell that is at Downtown.
We walked the 5 minutes up to Riverside a couple of times and found it much busier, the restaurant area was much bigger but seemed much more manic that at POFQ - we hired a boat up at Riverside which was great fun, really relaxing and highly recommended.
Staff were helpful, room was clean (are all Disney room safes that small though! ).
Pool was great, eating pizza watching a movie on the green was a nice way to spend a couple of hours as well. Jacuzzi I'm sure was relaxing but always full when I walked past...
Have stayed in Animal Kingdom Lodge before and have to say I preferred POFQ...(although foodies would prefer AK). Would definitely go back...
May 2013
Imagineer

A gorgeously maintained hotel. Room was spotless and had all the amenities you could ask for. Flat screen TV, safe, separate sink area with double sink. All very nicely decorated. The pool area was just a minutes walk from the room and had plenty of loungers about, even though it was generally busy. The food court was fine, with a reasonable amount of choice. The gift shop was great and the staff were all extremely nice and welcoming. We had a great stay at the hotel, but honestly I don't think I'd return there. From just a very personal point of view, I like space, both inside and outside. I prefer sprawling grounds and choice of pools. We made the mistake of staying in a condo on a huge resort, then going to POFQ and so it felt a little claustrophobic for my liking. I would recommend this hotel though, if you had a young family or someone with mobility concerns. It's central and pretty. You won't have a bad time there.
August 2012
Cleanliness [1] Child Friendliness [1] Location to Attractions [1] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [3]
VIP Dibber

Hi. We stayed at FQ last year and have just booked again for next year. We loved it! Rooms, staff, grounds were all great. Not the fanciest room I've ever had, but it was comfy enough and very clean. LOVED the laid back atmosphere which was a welcome relief after the parks. Even though its a quiet resort, still enough for the kids, hey it has a pool and a chute what else do they need. Free swim vests for the little one was a very nice touch. The river boat to DTD was lovely! Can't wait to go back :)
July 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Getting Excited

We loved this hotel. The moment we arrived we were greeted and given coins and beads (clearly the Orleans theme).
The rooms was decent and very clean and we were really close to everything.
The pool is great although it was very busy all of the time. This is probably the only negative.
The food was ok and just the same as Disney everywhere else with the addition of some New Orleans themed dishes. The buses were frequent but sometimes shared with riverside.
The boat to DD is nice but if returning late make sure you have insect repellant!
All in all lovely hassle free stay.
June 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber

We really liked POFQ. It was a really small resort, but having a small child, this was really handy. The food court was small and homely, but the choice was limited though - we did go to riverside to eat as well, which was much better choicewise. As for our LO, we used the microwaves in the restaurant to heat up her toddler food (bought from walmart). This was really handy.

The swimming pool was nice, there is just one pool, due to the size of the property. We missed having the choice of a quiet pool, but this was only a small issue for us.

The rooms were clean and large. I love disney beds! There were 2 Queen beds, which were so comfy. The decor was lovely.

One thing we did this year, was to watch a film on the green. This was nightly at 9pm, so fitted in niecly after dinner at the hotel. The hotel team brought towels to sit on, and watching a film in the dark, laying on the grass was so special (don't forget the deet!)

All in all we loved POFQ, we would recommend it in a heartbeat.
May 2012
Imagineer

I think most things have already been said about this hotel, but thought I would add what a great stay we had here. The only thing I would say is that most of the facilities (boat hire etc) are at neighbouring Riverside which may prove irritating to some. We did some things for the first time during our stay here - toasting marshmallows, movies under the stars - I only wish we had stayed longer than the 5 days we had. Would definitely return here again.
February 2012
VIP Dibber

We stayed here for two days in October 2011. It was very clean, and the gift shops sold minor drugs-aspirin, allergy pills, sunblock etc.-which was good as I forgot to bring my allergy pills.
It was a short boat ride to Downtown Disney, which I always used to put my ipod on and listen to Foster the People's Pumped Up Kicks-have good memories with that song-as they would play irritating music such as the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus, The Wanted, JLS and One Direction, Usher, Bieber... You get it.

I was able to watch The Colbert Report-a show I used to love as a little kid, rediscovered in this hotel, not advisable for kids to watch-and coverage of the Conrad Murray trial *yawn*. I watched a heck of a lot of The Today Show and other NBC programming, such as Community, Parks and Recreation and NBC Newscaser Brian Williams-which I still watch today.

We were also a short distance away from EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. We were able to get up early and head to the Magic Kingdom for our Keys to the Kingdom tour as The Magic Kingdom was also not very far away.

They had live Jazz on certain nights and the breakfasts are a total rip off, but we had some cool people working there talk to us and everyone was super nice.

Overall, it was great. We didn't use the pool-because I'm self conscious-but we used other ammeities and they were great. Mostly we used the little boat. There was one day where we couldn't use the little boat to go to DTD, so we went to Saratoga Springs and 2 CMs drove us to DTD in a golf buggy-which was awesome!
October 2011
Getting Excited

What can I say about this hotel except WOW. The layout of this hotel is perfect. The rooms are cleaned everyday with the mouse keepers constantly leaving little towel bunnies or animal shapes for your return from the parks. Which adds a little magic at the end of a busy park day. The staff at this resort go beyond nice, honestly nothing was too much trouble for them. I was grinning form the minute we checked into French Quarter, they seem to do something magical to you the minute you check in, cannot really say what but, After a 9 hour flight and a 3hour stop over and a 2 hour domestic flight, two very tired kids had suddenly developed the ear to ear smile that is just Disney magic.

The pool is fantastic, little on the cold side for my hubby's liking, but once your in it was perfect. One point to note is that when you hire the life jacket from the shop you can keep it for the duration of your holiday. We never knew and handed them back, however on our sixth day they did not have any of my daughters size left it was only then that we got told we could have kept a hold of the previous days, never mind lesson learnt.

The ground of the hotel are beautiful, and whatever room you get you will never be too far away from anything. Daily kids activities at the pool are fantastic, the kids are not forced or pressurised into playing. Also on the lawn around about 4.30 the CM have games from hop scotch, football, hula hooping and just general fun games which is a nice change from the busy park as the kids can just be kids and have fun running about playing. At night the kids can make s'mores over a campfire which was fun. Also each night on the lawn they have a movie under the stars.

Transportation to and from the parks was good, on occassion we had a bit of a wait but nothing to complain about. The CM,s on the front door gave the kids mardigrais beads and fake coins which added to the thrill of this resort.
October 2011
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We loved our stay here, would definitely go back, i thought the food court was okay only ate here for breakfast once or twice but not very wide selection of food. The rooms were gorgeous, the beds were massive! and i loved how low the baths are, great for getting in and out. The pool was nice very busy even at night. Every evening they have a Disney film on a large screen on a patch of grass and couples would sit there with picnic blankets and watch it looked lovely but we never had time to do it as it was always on around 8pm, which is a shame because its either prime time for firework shows or tea time!
September 2011
Very Serious Dibber

We loved it.
After staying at the vast CBR on our last trip the quaintness of POFQ was a welcome change. There are several blocks of buildings that surround the central area where lobby food court and swimming pool are located with lush gardens, water features and cobbled streets nestled in between.
Each block has three floors with lift access to each building. The room was clean and spacious with a somewhat traditional theme to accompany the resort setting.
The food court was again small but we never had any problems finding a table, standard range of counter service food available. At peak times there was a slight wait for food as there wasn't as many staff based here unlike other resorts.
The pool was great, Kids will love the theme - especially with Princess & The Frog Now Released. We also used the laundry facilities located near the pool with no problems - but we took our own tablets to crush in as we were not sure how we would react to American detergents.
The shop sells bits of every thing from Blister Plasters through to pepto bismal.
The staff seemed friendly the old chap on the door with all his regalia was lovely, and very child friendly - handed out coins to make a wish and throw in the fountain lobby. I also amassed quite a collection of mardi gras beads.
Transport was good. The boat to DTD adds a welcome alternative to the bus and was around a 10 min journey and dependent on the driver you will learn random facts about Disney along the way. Buses to/from the parks were sometimes shared with riverside, sometimes not but were often the first pick up point.
Defiantly would not hesitate to stay here again.
September 2011
slightly serious Dibber

We arrived at POFQ on 28th Aug 11 staying for 2 weeks, no kids, so nice and chilled. Having read reports that rooms close to the resturant were noisy we were a bit hesitant when we found that we were literally next to the resturant and shopping area (2nd floor). But we needn't have worried as we found this to be a perfect spot. There was very little noise, if any, from outside and it was ideal for quick refills using the re-fillable mugs that we purchased.

Overall we found our first experience of staying on-site, after lots of local villa stays, to be superb. French Quarter is smaller than Riverside but provides for some very picturesque walks backwards and forwards between the two locations. We would do this on a daily basis and it took no more than 15 minutes. We were able to use Riverside for meals and pools. French Quarter has just the one pool and this was always busy, but we found that several of the furthest Riverside pools were almost always empty and on several occasions we had the pool to ourselves for long periods of times.

Check-in was easy and we used a card to charge to, then used our room key to buy things. This made it very easy to check out. We recieved a phone message the day before we left that explained it all, the day we left a bill was posted under the door and if we agreed with it that was it, checked out! very simple indeed.

Food wise we found French Quarter to be ok. We had the DDP so were able to try a variety of meals. The staff were excellent and would always check with us if we were "due" something on the DDP and had not claimed it, dessert or drink etc and went out of their way a couple of times to ensure we picked up an "owed" dessert later on!

I found the full breakfast to be better at Riverside, also rather than sitting in the packed busy resturant for breakfast I would walk down the corridor towards the shop where there was a quieter area (part of another resturant I think, but ok to use).

French Quarter has a small bar but can provide a variety of drinks, we checked these out purely as a quality check!

The maid would clean our room daily. The timings varied and we would often bump into her, but she would go out of her way to be freindly and load us with clean towels. We had a towel animal on one occasion. We weren't sure how much to tip so left $2 per day ($1 each) and a pile of change on the last day - she seemed happy with that.

Transport was excellent for us. We used the boat to DTD regularly and although it did tend to be busy on occasions most of the time it was half full. The buses were odd. We would often wait for a specific bus only to watch 2 or 3 from, say, Magic Kingdom arrive at the same time and each would pull up and wait, despite the fact that everyone going to MK had gotten onto the first one. But overall they were regular and we had no more than 15 minutes to wait. Some of the driving was erratic at times, but no worse than our bus drivers! On the odd occasion coming from parks it did seem that the FQ queue was always longer than other hotels, i'm sure they weren't though. But considering its "free" its very handy.

The free parking was also excellent and we were able to park directly behind our room. We found that watching the buses they would drive around a lot of the back roads and we did find that turning right out of FQ instead of left (the recommended route) would often take us around the top road and was quicker for MK and the MK hotels. Good tip.

Washing was a breeze and we (when I say we, I mean of course me, as my wife would be topping up the tan!) would often do a load while sunbathing round the pools. Which is where the wash facilities are situated. You need lots of quarters, probably $5 per visit, but there are change machines inside that take notes. I hadn't given it much thought but one guy I was chatting to said "I've checked out the cleanest machine and dryer, use these ones..." After he had gone I checked them out and he was right, some of the machines smelt bad and were dirty. Never thought of that but I spose it depends what people clean in them...

The overall theming of both FQ and Riverside, we thought was superb. Very lush, very well done and as said earlier made for some lovely walks in both resorts. Count the squirrel game became a fun activity...!

Some drawbacks-

We found the idea of having the sink area outside of the bathroom a little annoying, if you forgot to close the outside curtain anyone walking past the window or down below could see in. We ended up having the blinds on the front window closed most of the time.

There is no private balcony which was a little odd considering the trouble to create a walkway infront of each room. With a little thought these could have been balcony areas and access through another route, but hey i'm no architect!

The shower wasn't the best. I've never liked the "stand in bath" type ones and if it is I prefer a detachable head to get to all of those awkward places - yea, you know what I mean!

The safe was small but took wallets, watches a small notebook, ipod, cuddly toy, set of pot and pans etc good game good game (sorry)

The fridge was a decent size, could take half a dozen cans or bottles but we have seen bigger in hotel rooms.

Internet was a pain as we wanted to keep in touch we our kids, only I have no idea why we bothered half the time! lol. It cost $10 a day and you logged in through a page that automatically appeared when you opened the browser. Luckily we didnt get charged for half the days we used it! But it should still be free, and wireless.

During our dozen or so trips to WDW we have liked to go around each hotel and check them out. Having now stayed at FQ we loved it and if we stayed on site again we would seriously consider staying here again. Some of the other resorts look tired or busy but FQ and Riverside both still look the bees knees and have a lot of plusses.

September 2011
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
slightly serious Dibber

This hotel is an excellent base for all the attractions, we loved it here and can't wait to return. The cobbled streets, quirky street name and horse and carts all add to the quite chilled out atmosphere.
Good selection of food, the pools great fun and just a short boat ride away is Downtown Disney.
November 2010
Getting Excited

Fabulous hotel.. We absolutely loved it.
After previously staying at The All Star Music, Movies and Pop Century resorts, we found Port Orleans French Quarterto be a real jewel in the crown. It is both quaint and refined with a serenity to match. Everything is so pretty, from the architecture to the trees and plants around the accommodation areas. A big bonus is that it is situated on the river, which has fantastic boat transport to Downtown Disney.
There are several buildings that surround the central reception area where the lobby, food court and swimming pool are located.
The food court was small'ish but very adequate, with no problems in finding a table. The range of counter service food available is basically the same as at the All Star and Pop Century resorts.
There is the usual shop that sells basic essentials as well as clothes and gifts.
As you first enter the Port Orleans French quarter reception area, there is a Costumed Man there to welcome you (dressed a bit like the Lord Mayor).
The Bus transport was good. The boat to Downtown Disney is a wonderful addition and is very picturesque (it takes about 10 mins to Downtown Disney).

We will definitely be coming back to this Resort
October 2010
Imagineer

This was our second stay at the FQ and again we were not disappointed. Last time we stayed in room 1240 which had a view of the river, this time were in room 4118 which was near the restaurant and bus stops. Cleanliness was impeccable, room cleaned daily, staff friendly and the restuarant (when we ate there) was perfectly acceptable. The pool area is fantastic with plenty of fresh towels, 4 lifeguards on duty until 8pm with the pool staying open until midnight - when the lifeguards went off-duty they announced it to whoever was in the pool. Regular buses to the parks. Would def stay here again - a lovely, quaint hotel away from the hustle and bustle of the parks.
October 2010
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at Port Orleans for the first time in September 2010. We decided to stay a bit closer to the reception as we had been told it is a quiet hotel, in the past we have allways gone as far away as possible because of the noise however the advice proved right and our stay was nice and quiet, excellent position for pool and restaurant. well done disney!

Also, we found the washing/drying facillities great, the reception exceptional for providing info on extra activities we could get involved in. Overall brilliant hotel and we are planning to stay there this September too.
September 2010
Imagineer

We stayed here from October 31st till November 14th 2009.
We absolutely loved it, it was our first time on site and it was so lovely, the staff were so friendly, we were in building 3 and were a2 minute walk from the reception, the pool, the food court ,the car park and the dock.
i woul recommend it to anybody, it is nice and small and intimate and quiet.
i would stay here again in a heartbeat.
November 2009
Apprentice Imagineer

We had booked this hotel after a friend had stayed there and recommended it. It was very nice. We had room 5202 in building 5 which was right near everything. The hotel was really nice. It is very pretty and the pool was very nice. The kids loved the pool, especially the slide. We used the boat to Downtown Disney and this was really good. We found the bus system too crowded and manic so only used that once, but from what I saw it is very regular and widely used. The food court has nice food, although we found it very busy sometimes (I think with the DDP going on) The CM's are all very nice and polite and there is live music in the Scat's Club from Wed to Sat which we thoroughly enjoyed. We would definitely go back again.
October 2009
Imagineer

Love love love this resort. I stayed for the 2nd time in September 09 having stayed there as a child 10 years ago, it hasn't lost any of it's charm.
The theming is great especially by the pool and the ceiling of the food court. We also loved the beads the staff hand out.
We stayed in building 3 which was perfectly situated for getting to the pool, the boat, the buses and the foodcourt. Basically nothing is too far away from anywhere.
Personally I didn't find anything to be dirty or out dated. I thought the room was charming, the bed was comfortable, the tv worked, what more could you want from a hotel room when your spending all day in the parks anyway.
The staff were very friendly minus a couple of people in the food court but you know not everyone can be super peppy and happy 24 hours a day when they're working. Generally though everyone made us feel totally welcome.
The food in the food court was great, I mean it's not 5 star dining obviously and they serve what you'd expect in a food court but the food was all tasty and we never had to wait long. One word- beignets, possibly my favourite thing about the resort, they are delicious and should definitely be tried at least once if you stay here.
We found the bus service to be very good. Generally in the morning the bus didn't stop at Riverside which was great because you leave straight to the parks. On the odd occasion it went to Riverside too which did add on a little extra time to the journey but all in all a reliable and conveniant bus service.
The boat to Downtown Disney was great. At busier times of the day we did sometimes have to wait for the next boat if one turned up and there wasn't enough seats. But still a really useful extra to have. The boat journey is really relaxing and you also get to go past the Saratoga springs treehouse villa's.
I love this resort so much that my sister and I have just booked to go back in September 2010. I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of staying here!
September 2009
Excited about Disney

we booked this hotel as we wanted the benefits of staying on site, without having disney in your face 24/7. we liked the fact that it had a sister resort (riverside) whose facilities were accessable to us as well, and was only a 10 mins stroll along the river. check in was fantastic and easy, we were in our room within 10 mins. we were given room 3233, which was on the corner, so we had 2 windows. the room had everything needed for a comfortable stay, and was clean, quiet and relaxing. the food court had a great range of food, and was also clean whenever we used it, with queues being minimal. the pool was amazing, we all loved it and was never overcrowded at any time. the water taxi between port orleans and downtown disney was great, the kids loved it, and the bus was regular, although on occassions when we had to collect from riverside it could add 15 mins onto the journey by the time it had gone around the resort. all the laundry facillities were in good working order and the gift shop was well stocked with the basics. the staff were really friendly and the kids never came through the foyer without getting another set of beads, and staff even took time out to show the how to make little ornaments with them. there was a singer who played at the small bar on weds-sun, and he was fantastic, we would regularly go to the food court just to listen for a while. we did get a free quick service dining plan when we stayed, but will go back even if this isnt offered. im really quite hard to please, but at port orleans i couldnt find any faults.
September 2009
Imagineer

We were looking for a trip that was as cheap as possible for a 2 week summer trip away. We normally spend a lot on our Florida holidays so it was a nice challenge to go cheap! We would have gone for a non Disney or Disney budget resort but with the free dining it was a no brainer. Over $2000 dollars worth of food for a small increase in room price.

The French Quarter is probably the best jack of all trades resort. It does nothing badly and does quite a lot very well. Its very compact yet quiet. Its got a lovely pool and the main service area with food court and check in was very pleasant, as were all the staff.

Complaints? The bus service was great when the bus only serviced the French Quarter but just at the time you wanted to go somewhere fast it would head over to the riverside to pick up, which included its 4 bus stops! 20 mins after we got on the bus we were passing the same bus stop to head out?!? As mentioned below, the rooms need updating. I don't mean the design as a themed hotel, they should be timeless anyway but the furnishing, especially the doors and dressing area, were looking VERY tired. Some of the doors as we walked past were distinctly NOT Disney.

Mainly though the grounds were very clean and the gardens were being re landscaped while we were there. The boats to Downtown Disney were lovely and the Riversides amenities were a short walk away, including the fishing hole which the boys loved!

So for the money it was a bargain and I would recommend to others, but next time we would probably look at another Disney resort, if only because we like to them all! :o)
August 2009
Cleanliness [3] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
Apprentice Imagineer

After staying in the value resorts we decided to try something different. We loved the FQ and willay there again on our next visit. The hotel was small and clean with very friendly staff. We liked that it had a sister resort and that we could share the facilities but still enjoy the relaxation that FQ offered.
August 2009
Imagineer

We stayed here for 10days with the DDP, we made use of the disney bus and boat service and also ate in the food court. We can not fault this hotel, the decor is lovely, beds are comfy, excellent choice in the food court and the take out pizza was amazing. We were allocated room 1209 in building 1 we found this to be a good location not to far from any of the amenities but far enough away for it to be quiet and relaxing, there was ample free parking near our building. The pool was good fun but very busy and the pool bar was a little on the expensive side. our mouse keeper made our holiday everyday we came back to find new towel animals (I think our mousekeeper like the english sweets I left him with the tip). The only downside I can see is this resort sometimes shares bus services with the riverside resort so this can add to the traveling time.
August 2009
Imagineer

We stayed here for 2 weeks in May and is was absolutely fantastic, from the moment we walked into the reception area and heard the jazz music. The staff were all very friendly, especially in the food court and gift shop. We stayed in building 2 which was 2 minutes from everything, right at the pool, the food court and the reception area. The choice of food at the food court was superb - think I had something different for breakfast every morning. The pool was really good - great temperature and never too busy. The highlight of this resort is being able to take the boat to Downtown Disney, especially at night. Would love to stay here again.
May 2009
Imagineer

We stayed here for 14 nights in 2008 and thoroughly enjoyed it! It is a really beautiful resort, small and intimate compared to Pop Century where we stayed before. The landscaping is lovely and there is some lovely garden areas to walk around. The walk along to Riverside is beautiful and only takes about 10-15 mins (or you may be lucky and hitch a ride on a CMs golf buggy!) Our rooms were a decent size and always kept very clean. The food court, though small has a great selection - the biegnets especially as mouth watering! We always managed to find a table to sit at easily, but we were there at a quieter time. The gift shop is small but has a good selection of clothing, trinkets etc. The pool is lovely and we had lots of fun - we also went over to Riverside once to use their pool. All the CMs were very helpful, especially Beau the greeter, who was always there with a smile and words of advice - plus 'coins' to throw into the fountain at reception. Would recommend this resort to anyone.
November 2008
slightly serious Dibber

Stayed for a week at the start of August. We had a river view, on the second floor, block 6. The rooms were clean and a decent size. The bathroom was in-need of a little TLC. We used the food court on a number of occasions, especially breakfast. This was adequate for a one week stay, any longer and we could have tired of the food on offer. The pool was good fun, especially the water slide. No problem with getting a sun-lounger, although the ones right by the pool edge were taken. Staff were friendly and had time for the kids, e.g. given bead necklaces and badges. Concierge service was good, especially when I wanted to use on-line check-in, they also refused a generous tip. Bar area was nice and relaxing, good tip is to pop in after a day at the parks and relax to the sounds of the musician playing most nights. Water taxis are great, only once did we have to wait for the next one due to a big queue (this was only 15mins). Disney bus service was good, although it can take a while to get to your destination. Overall quite impressed but a stop beforehand at a villa spoiled us.
August 2008
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Apprentice Imagineer

We found this hotel very dirty and untidy, lots of litter in the flower beds. The food court was alwaysscruffy and the tables were in constant need of a good wiping over. On more than one occaision I had to go to ask for a cloth to wipe the table clean. The staff were qute surley and generally ignored you if you said hello whilst walking around the grounds. We would not use this hotel againwe were very dissapointed.
August 2008
Cleanliness [1] Child Friendliness [1] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [1] Overall Impression [1]
Excited about Disney

We stayed here may 2008 and it was the first time we had stayed on site. There was 2 adults and 2 kids aged 6 and 12, found the room to be clean and adequate size. Never had any animal towels but the maid had great fun with the girls cuddly toys. We stayed in building 3 which was only a short walk to everthing on site. Loved the pool and found it not to busy. The food court was ok only tended to eat breakfast there. Loved the boat service to downtown. Found it a nice walk in the evening up to the riverside. Bus service was great when we used it, however coming back to the hotel late at night meant the queues could sometimes be long. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here, so much so that we are booked to return next october
May 2008
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

When we stayed here we could not fault it, the atmosphere was great so relaxed and so much attention to detail. The food in the food court was nice and not expensive, the rooms were always clean and the staff were great. Great location and wished we could stay here everytime.
May 2008
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We loved this resort hotel. The grounds are beautifully kept and the river flowing through is fantastic too. We had previously stayed at All Star Movies and decided to go for a Moderate Resort last visit, and it was between POFQ and Caribbean Beach. We weren't disappointed. POFQ is smaller and much quieter than other resort hotels which is great after a busy day at the parks.
Food Court is typical Disney fare but is OK for breakfasts. No complaints about our room or the cast members, and mouse-keeping did a fine job tidying up after our kids. Wouldn't recommend to young families who want to feel immersed in Disney vibe but for couples and families with older children its great.
Use the river taxi's to Downtown Disney... a really pleasant relaxing trip, and good to get off the roads.
Would stay there again without any hesitation.
February 2008
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

An incredible first stay on site at Disney. We had requested the building nearest to the pool, but were allocated one of the buildings furthest away. The concierge suggested I try the walk, and then they would try to change the room if I came back unhappy. They were right. It is such a small resort that even the furthest building is no distance at all from the bus stops and food/pool areas.

The room was lovely, with a pleasant outlook onto one of the courtyard fountains. Mousekeeping were excellent, and left us loads of towel animals. We had a fridge that froze everything, but a quick phone call to maintenance and that was soon resolved.

We enjoyed the boat trip to DTD, and it was great to be the first on the bus of the PO resorts. I did find the bus trip around POR a little frustrating, but nowhere near as frustrating as I would have found it if I was staying at POR and the bus was always full when it arrived!

Staff were all lovely, and showed typical Disney courtesy. Although there is no table service on site, the short trip to POR was fine for a TS meal, and the counter service at POR was nice to eat at once in a while also.

All in all, this was a wonderful stay. We enjoyed staying on site so much we are now DVC members. And that all started with POFQ!
January 2008
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

This was our first time on site and we loved it. We stayed Feb 17th till March 10th 2007. We found the buses to be really frequent to not too crowded, the boat service to DTD is good. The food court is a little limited, but you're within walking distance to PORS. We loved the theme and thought it was very good value for money.
February 2007
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We've stayed in this resort a few times and love it. It's the smallest of the disney moderates, which means less walking involved, which is always a good thing! The pool is great with it's dragon slide, and there's also a toddler pool. The foodcourt is not that large but we managed to eat OK, there is no sit down restaurant in this resort, but you can walk to POR along the river, it takes about 10-15 mins. The rooms are an OK size for small families, there are two double beds, but no rollaways available, so once your kids are too old to share a bed the resort becomes unsuitable. I would say this is the nicest of the disney moderates, lovely setting and not too busy.
October 2006
Imagineer

My first stay on site, and I have to say this place was lovely. Not as big as the other resorts, and had a lovely intimate feel about it. Rooms perfectly good, althought the bathroms a tad small. Lovely location, and kept clean and tidy. Counter service ok and again perfectly adequate for those ad hoc meals. Staff friendly and helpfull Mouse keeping very good. The boat ride to DTD was really nice and made a change from the bus. Disney Transport system worked well while we were thier, with a regular service, that picked up and dropped off at french quarter first. The pool was pretty, and although we had no children with us, the familiesusing it seemed to enjoy. Washing machines and driers onsite $1 a wash. Took 60 mins to wash and dry. Hot tub/spa, nice to chill out in at end of day.
Small shop on site selling usual disney stuff , plus drinks, alcohol, ciggs and snacks.
All in all a lovely place to stay. I think that this resort would suit, older couples and honeymooners as it was very quiet
September 2006
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

Stayed here when we checked out of our Clearwater hotel because it was so bad and came back to Orlando - Our very first Diseny Hotel experience and we loved it!...Lovely well maintained grounds and good housekeeping. Staff on our stay couldn't do enough for us.
April 2006
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Nice quiet resort, very compact. Would've loved to be able to swim in the pool.
December 2005
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Beautiful themeing, lovely pool area, food court pretty good although at breakfast some of the staff aren't too friendly, overall good resort but lacks any Disney feel
September 2005
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

the layout of this resort is wonderful, the pool is great for families with younger children, for older ones the slide may disappoint a little. The food court is a bit of a let down as is the very small store on site. Having said this our experience was badly marred by rude cast members and this was a huge disappointment as we really wanted to love this resort, but it was not to be. The bus service as well became tiresome trailing round POR before dropping off at our resort.
September 2005
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [2]
VIP Dibber

love it, love it, love it!
October 2004
Cleanliness [3] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [3]
Excited about Disney

Stayed here last 2 nights of our recent stay and after staying at Riverside last year we we're not sure if this resort would live up to that! We loved this resort yes very laid back and everything is very close and would agree probably more suited for Adults but they do have pool activity's for the children and movie's under the stars.We would go back in a heartbeat to this resort and especially towards the end of a holiday when you have had enough of walking everywhere! The landscaping is fantastic! This was just what we needed before heading off home.
January 1970
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]