Fax 407-503-3010
Rooms 1000
Official Rating
Members Rating (4.6)

Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Imagineer

We stayed at this hotel for seven nights late January / early February, it was our first stay although we have previously stayed at the Portofino. The check in was slow with the receptionists finding "things" to do for a few minutes between each customer. We were allocated a room on the ground floor very close to the lobby. Normally I would choose a higher floor and further from the lobby, but in fact we quite enjoyed the room location and found it very convenient.

We had booked a suite, so obviously had plenty of space, however based on the size of the bedroom itself and the bathroom, it suggested to us that the standard rooms would be a fair bit smaller than those at the Portofino. The bathroom was particularly small and we were a bit surprised that it didn't even have two sinks, we struggled for space for our toiletries. The living room contained a desk and chair, mini fridge, a comfortable sofa and an enormous wall mounted TV.

We found the location excellent for access to the parks and Citywalk, definitely much better than Portofino, we usually walked there and back twice a day and found no need to use the boats although they appeared to be running regularly. The express passes worked really well for the majority or rides and we took full advantage of them, although we only took advantage of early opening hours a couple of times.

The food options include the Orchid Lounge, which was either closed or full of conference attendees so we did not get to try it out. Then there is Jakes American bar which we went to a couple of times, once for food but it was not a good meal. Finally there is the Island Dining Room which we did not try out. We think that the offerings on Citywalk are better than the options at the hotel.

We enjoyed our stay here and would pick this hotel again for our next Universal stay.
January 2019
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Apprentice Imagineer

Eight of us stayed in 2 club level rooms for one night in August, in order to make use of express passes. There was myself, dh, ds(11). Ds (13) niece(14), neice (17) and my mum and Dad.
Unfortunately, no connecting rooms were available, however we were allocated rooms just down the hall from each other.
Check in was very easy and the staff were all cheerful aswell as keen to help. We were given our room keys, which act as express passes in the parks. Prior to coming away Id been on amazon and ordered clear plastic lanyard wallets, the park tickets went on one side with the bar code facing out and the express passes went the other, with the dates facing out, as this is what they check on each ride. I rather than lanyards (as I dont like things hanging around my neck) Id ordered retractable pass holders that we could attach to our belt loops.
We went straight to the park and managed many rides but at about 2pm, due to an imminent thunderstorm, we decided to make use of the club level lounge while our rooms were sorted. Plenty of drinks available and then a selection of crisps, crackers and trail mix were on offer. Nothing amazing, but it was a good way to relax in the dry before our rooms became ready.
The rooms themselves were clean and modern. The other room had a wonderful view of Hogwarts, whereas ours had a view of the front of the hotel. The hotel itself is in three towers, each coming off from the central reception. Ours was in tower three, 7th floor. As the storms had passed we made use of the pool. There was a volley ball net set up, with an abundance of balls around to play with. A dj was playing music by the pool and there was a kiosk where you could collect towels from (upon showing room cards). Loved the pool, it was great fun for us all. We stayed here for an hour or so and then got changed and made our way to club level for their hot offerings. We arrived soon after opening (5pm) and managed to find a spot for all 8of us to sit, others arriving afterwards did struggle, but on the most part everyone got seated. Hot food consisted of chicken pasta, cheese and crackers, salad, deli meats and bread. There was plenty there and it was kept topped up. It meant that we had a sweet treat in the parks, but did not need a full on meal. The rooms were quiet overnight, we had no problems. Club breakfast was good the following morning, bagels, cereals, toast,fruit were all offered. Along with hot and cold drinks, which could be taken away.
As we had no room charges we didnt need to physically check out, just went the parks to make use of early entry.
We very much enjoyed our time here, would love to stay for more than just one night and explore the hotel more. Club level for us was worth the upgrade as we feel it was the perfect place to ride out a storm and also have something to eat before hitting the parks. It was the cheapest of the three luxury hotels that Universal offer, yet was much better compared to our visit to Hard Rock later in the holiday.
August 2018
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

Loved this hotel. So much do were already planning to return. Beds comfy, room lovely (not the biggest but who stays in their room all day!). Staff very welcoming and helpful.
May 2018
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

We (me, wife and 2 year old daughter) stayed at this hotel in October 2017. We stayed for 4 nights to get 5 days access to the parks.

Hotel was beautiful. Rooms and communal areas were spotlessly clean and decor was fantastic as you would expect from a relatively new hotel.

We used the main restaurant (Islands Grille) which we thought was nice but nothing great. It was quite expensive for what it was and they actually charged me the bill 3 times so turned out very expensive! They scanned my Monzo mastercard which must have appeared to decline on their system so the waitress rescanned it and rescanned it again. I got the notification on my app that they had charged me three times total which they refunded as soon as I notified a staff member.

Jake's American Bar was good for late night cocktails with a large menu and a good atmosphere.

The water taxis were fantastic and really good for those with kids. If you don't fancy using them then City Walk is only a ten minute stroll along the waterfront.

All in all I would say it was a really nice hotel and I would return but it would only be to take advantage of the Front Of Line Passes.
October 2017
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Trying for More Ears

We loved this hotel! Our stay was for 10 nights and it was just perfect. The boat ride to the Universal parks is very pleasant and we didn't have to wait more that 5 mins for one to arrive. The room was clean and comfortable and had everything we required. The pool area was clean and staff were helpful. First time at Halloween Horror Night, which was amazing! Would not hesitate to stay here again.
October 2017
Excited about Disney

Fab location to the parks.
Loved the express passes- we booked two 1 night stays and arrived before park opening. no issues getting in to the parks for early opening and getting 2 full days use out of our benefits.
Rooms fitted 5 with a squeeze but pull out bed was v comfortable.
Food at the hotel was very expensive for the kids.
Lovely walk to IOA- fab being able to fall into bed
Boat was a nice way to get back- could get busy in the afternoon coming back from city walk
Excellent value for 5 in a room with express passes
May 2017
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Trading Disney Pins

We stayed one night in this hotel and would definitely stay again, for longer next time. Angela checked us in and she was very welcoming, and helpful.
It is our honeymoon and she blew up a bunch of balloons and gave us a honeymoon card and a free upgrade to a pool view, which was amazing! The view was off pool and of IOA. Found all the staff to be friendly and hotel was spotless. Room was beautiful. Atmosphere around hotel was very relaxing. Although it was gorgeously decorated, it wasn't stuffy or snooty which some hotels can be.

After a few hours in the park with express passes we spent a few hours in the pool which was great fun. On some night they do a poolside movie. Ours was The Goonies.

We did not want to leave the hotel and plan on a longer stay our next visit to Orlando.
November 2016
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed here for 3 nights club level. Loved it so much we are heading back for a week this year. Fantastic hotel, staff great, loved the club room, food was brilliant and everyone was so friendly and helpful. Your only a short walk from the parks but there's a boat if you'd rather. Express passes are fantastic too, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, we preferred it to our deluxe Disney hotel stay :)
October 2016
Imagineer

We LOVE Royal Pacfic! We stay in a villa but still choose to leave the villa and stay at RPR for a few days each trip. It's worth it for the Express Pass alone, imo. And the pool is just wonderful, especially the poolside bar & restaurant! Try the nachos - YUM!

October 2016
VIP Dibber

Stayed 7 nights. Room bigger than expected (two queen beds) sufficient room for us (me, hubby 12 and 14 year olds). Bathroom good size, shower and loo separated from sink area by sliding door. Fridge large enough for milk and breakfast/snack items. Coffee machine restocked each day. Ridiculous price for small bottle of water $7 each ! 😳 Quickly retrieved from daughter and replaced with one form Walmark 🙂 Pool lovely, lots of sun beds and beach balls and rings provided free for use in water. Water taxi lovely way to get to park and also nice path through landscaped grounds for alternative short walk. Daily charge for parking car a shame especially as finding a space an issue. Would recommend and revisit.
August 2016
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

First time onsite and really enjoyed it.

Standard room, 2 x queen beds for me hubby and 14yo son. Room was fairly large, unusual bathroom layout, toilet and shower are closed off by a smoked sliding door but the sink area has no door.

Shower has double heads - standard and overhead rain type head. Plenty of hot water, lots of towels.

Nice amenities, hairdryer and keurig coffee maker, mini fridge in the cupboard and a safe. Note - the safe is NOT very big if you've brought a laptop or ipads, some tetris skills may be required to fit everything in. Fridge is big enough but only paper cups were left for the coffee maker (and only 2 of them) and not many coffee pods or creamer. Coffee pods are about $8 a box in Publix depending on what you get, and the fridge is big enough for a large carton of milk tho.

Hotel ambience is lovely, clean and calm, with several restaurants and bar. Breakfast as the Islands restaurant - excellent. $22 for buffet but less than that for a la carte, which I thought was nicer anyway (try the hawaiian pancakes or the orange caramelised french toast). Emerils wasnice, but a bit pricey for dinner, loved Jakes for dinner.

Pool area is very nice, plenty of loungers and a hottub area as well as a kids play area and a net for ball games. Pool bar was good if a little pricey.

Location is superb, a few minutes in the water taxi to citywalk or a 10 minute gentle stroll. Taxis run every 10 - 15 minutes. Be aware you are still expected to pay for parking even if you're in the hotel - $22 per day!

Downsides - can be quite noisy, the aircon isn't the quietest and we knew exactly what time they started running Hulk and the water taxi's as we could hear them very clearly! Also next doors taps made a screechy noise - not their fault but we knew what time they got up each day! Originally put on floor 7 on Tower 3 but asked to be moved after the first night as the aircon on the roof above us was SO loud! Ended up in Tower 1 (Windward) 4th floor.

NOTE - if you're on the right branch of Tower 1, you can shortcut to the parks - just go down the stairs at the very end of the corridor and let yourself out at the bottom - cuts 5 mins off the walk ;)

We would stay there again, but will look at the King suites in future for the added privacy, (recommended if you have a teen with you). If you're not worried, or travelling as a couple, then go for it :)
August 2016
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Proud to wear my Ears

Stayed 3 nights. As everyone has said the FOLP passes are great. 10 minute walk from the parks, great location. Beautiful hotel, similar to Disneys Animal Kingdom in its feel. Pool area great, although we only spent a couple of hours in total there - could watch a movie whist on an inflatable was fun. Can't fault the room - standard size for a family room, clean and bright and comfortable. Everything great except the bill !
August 2016
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We only stayed for one night - and most of the time there was spent at the parks or sleeping - but from what we saw and experienced this hotel was fantastic.

The reception area as you enter is suitably large, impressive and well-themed. The reception staff were reasonably quick and friendly. The baggage storage staff (bell services) were efficient. The water boat shuttle from the hotel to CityWalk was pleasant and frequent. And our room was well appointed, clean and stylish with plenty of room for the three of us. There were two queen beds, a fridge, coffee maker, TV, plenty of drawer space in the room. The beds were nice and comfy too. Overall, the hotel felt lavish and luxurious. Even better than Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort where we were also staying.

Of course, the main reason we stayed was for the unlimited Express Passes for our two days at the Universal parks. These were very useful. However, it was a pity we didn't get to use the other amenities, like the pool and the restaurants here - all of which looked very good.

The only thing I'd say was that it was a little expensive to stay here - just over 200 a night for us. If you were just staying at the hotel then I'd say it was a bit pricey. But, of course, you also get those Express passes included which are worth the price on their own.
April 2016
Imagineer

We have just returned from doing a 4 night stay after doing 1 night in 2013 and we wasn't disappointed, folp made the time much more relaxed, the room was amzaing again, but still no normal tea for the coffee machine lol our housekeeper was lovely and left us loads of extras in the bathroom and for the coffee machine, we are a few meals at the hotel, we had breakfast at the islands restaurant lovely service friendly staff, we ate at Jakes the meals are huge, 1st night we had fish and chips, real chips too, DH had beer and I had a cup of tea with tip $51, 2nd time DH rib eye steak and he said "it was to die for" also a beer, I had pizza which was huge and because I was determined to have a dessert I only ate 4 slices again I had a cuppa and to finish off I ordered the jumbo cupcake and oh boy was it huge, it was filled with nuttella, cream on the top and yes it was to die for with tip $88. On the final day we had lunch at the pool bar we ordered beef nachos x 2 for 4 of us they were enormous we could have ordered 1 between us all, the guys all had water and I had a coke $38 tip is automatically added

We stayed here on the last night of our holiday and WOW what an amazing hotel, the staff were very helpful, the pool area is huge with lots of loungers and chairs, watch a movie at night while you swim, lovely walk through the gardens to the boat launch, very tranquil, rooms are quite big and we had a free upgrade to a theme park/water view, would recommend this hotel to anyone it is truley beautiful the decor etc and also the FOLP helps to make the days more enjoyable
September 2015
Proud to wear my Ears

I loved my stay here, we had a stunning refurbished room, everything about this hotel we found to be excellent, the pool, the pool bar, the food, the boat, the staff, the room, cleanliness etc. We will definitely be going back.
June 2015
Apprentice Imagineer

Overall a lovely hotel with the comfiest beds I've ever slept in. We were in block 2 with a garden view so nice and quiet away from the theme park. Pool area is lovely and the walk and boat ride to US and IOA are great, express passes are great too, can imagine they would be a godsend when the parks are really busy. Only area I wasn't impressed with was housekeeping, very basic (just making beds, changing towels), often they didn't throw away rubbish and when we checked in there were two coffee stains on the bed. Other than that we would definately stay again.
May 2015
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

Our second stay at this hotel. Reception staff extremely helpful, allocated an upgraded room which wasn't ready on arrival (but we were very early) and stored our bags for us. The room was lovely, beds comfy. The bathroom arrangements meant the sink and toilet were separate, (ideal with 4 of us sharing). Loved the coffee machine and reception happy to provide additional pods and milk. We had a garden view standard queen, spacious enough for 4 with a few bags. Pool was warm and had a movie in the evening, Kids loved the ship, DH the hot tubs, pool towels provided. Happily stay again.
May 2015
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

Just came back from 4 nights at the RPR, it was our first stay and we thoroughly enjoyed it, the room was clean and comfortable, I would not rate it as a 5 star though more like a 4 star.

As expected everything in the hotel is expensive from the bottled water $7 for a small bottle to the room service.

They put a $400 holding charge on your credit card, you can refuse this though you wont be able to use the phone, room service and other "charge to room" services in the parks.

Express passes included for all 4 days we were there used these passes daily saved waiting at all. Typical queue times we were there were 20 mins with 60 mins at gringotts. Loved the early access although it is only for Studios and Harry Potter Diagon Alley, the rest of the park was restricted so we couldn't go anywhere else.

Nice pool and on site resturants, staff very friendly, so get ready to tip! starts the second you arrive!

Parking was 20 dollars a night bit steep and this should be complimentary in my opinion!

Staff always polite and engaged my 6yo DD at every chance, including the maid service staff.

Overall good value (we paid 420 for the 4 nights) but dont forget this includes 4 days of express passes (itself worth over 300 quid!)
November 2014
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Stayed for 2 nights at the end of our holiday. No problems with the cleanliness, room was lovely. Reception staff lovely and very helpful. Only issue was our proximity to the park. We were in a ground floor room in tower 1 and could hear The Hulk ride. Not so great when they are testing it at 7am. We would stay again but would ask for a room not directly facing the theme park.
October 2014
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Very Serious Dibber

This hotel has had some poor reviews recently on certain sites and I struggle to see why.

We stayed for 10 nights (8th to 18th Sept) and we could not fault the hotel. The location is excellent. Its about a 10 minute walk to Citywalk or you can take a water taxi. The added bonus for us was that we were booked through Virgin Holidays so had no additional parking charges to pay either.

As everyone knows this is the cheaper of the 3 deluxe hotels onsite and its worth staying here for 1 night if visiting the parks to take advantage of the early entry and the express passes. If the parks are busy then the express passes are well worth it.

When we arrived we requested a room in Tower 3 and this was granted. We had room 3615 and had a view of the garden where the Luau takes place. I would recommend this room to others.

The corridors of this floor were in good order (again, not what was expected given the reviews we had read elsewhere). It actually felt as if it had a new carpet laid and one morning we even seen them painting the hallway so they are perhaps aware that a little bit of TLC is required given some of the reviews.

Our room had one king bed, a sofa and a small dining table with 2 chairs. The room was quite spacious and there was plenty of storage space.

The room was immaculately cleaned on a daily basis. One of my pet hates in a hotel is dust on the light shades but there was no dust to be seen at this hotel. The tea and coffee supplies were generously stocked each day also.

With regards the fridge in the room, make sure you get a key at check in for it. We found that for all it is a mini bar fridge there was plenty of room for us to store some cans of juice, bottles of water and some cake. Just make sure you don't drink the water or cookies above the fridge as the price of these are extortionate.

Their is also a wall safe in the wardrobe. The safe is quite shallow but it was ample to store what we needed. We managed to store our iPad, passports, medication and money without any problem but it wouldn't be big enough for a laptop or a handbag.

All the staff were friendly and attentive and the whole atmosphere of the hotel is incredibly relaxing.

Tower 2 leads to the dog walking area so I would suggest that you perhaps try and avoid Tower 2 as I would suspect that this is the tower that those with pets will be accommodated.

There was a little building work going on but it wasn't audible at the hotel but there will be more building work in the area soon as the new hotel they are building will be between RPR and Cabana Bay.

Would definitely recommend to others and we have booked again for Sept 15. I have read that room upgrades are meant to be ongoing this year but hopefully this is all done before we get there (fingers crossed)
September 2014
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed here for 5 nights and were in Tower 1 over looking the pool. Our who experience was a lovely one, all the staff were friendly and the hotel was spotlessly clean. The rooms are not huge but we coped as a family of 4. The early park entry and front of the line passes were one of the reasons why we chose to stay here and are one if the reasons why we will come back.

The pool area is well kept, and happy hour was welcomed. We never ate at the hotel but did use the grab and go breakfast from orchard lounge some mornings. The only negative is the sheer cost to park the car it cost us just over $20 (not including tax) each night on top of the cost of the hotel to park.

It's a lovely walk to and from the park it isn't far, it's lovely and scenic. We used to walk to the park and get the water taxi back. I don't recall ever waiting longer than 5-10 minutes for the water taxi.
September 2014
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed here for 1 night to make use of FOTL passes and didn't use them once :( so maybe not such a good deal for us.
The hotel is well kept and we had a room on the ground floor in tower 3. Room was tight for space as 5 sharing with rollaway bed but for 1 night it was doable. DD said rollaway was noisy but it was a full sized single. Main beds were comfortable.
Some issues with the cleanliness in the bathroom and the grouting on the tiles was mouldy in places.
Staff were accomodating but not as friendly as Disney hotels in our experience.
Didn't eat in hotel so can't comment on this. Taxis from RPR to Disney $5 more expensive than our trip from Disney to RPR.
Pool looked lovely but didnt have time to try this.
August 2014
Cleanliness [3] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We stayed for one night to utilise early entry and FOTL passes. Our first time on site and won't be our last. Enjoyed every moment. Great location. Wish we had stayed longer.
August 2014
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
I have Ears

we stayed here end of august 2014, after visiting seaworld rather than drive back to davenport area we decided that 2 nights here. we had 2 rooms for a party of 9, bit cramp in our room but it was for a sleep only.
the receptionist on arrival was lovely even with our big tired party she put a smile on our faces.
rooms were very clean and good facilities for ourselves.we got early admission into island of adventures and universal studios as well as complimentary express passes which really meant our party stayed here for the equivalent of 20 per person. excellent location. only a 10 minute walk to parks even with children exploring as they go. parking was a little pricey but no need to drive for 2 days , citywalk on your doorstep but did not here any noise.
pool is meant to be lovely but did not even have time to see it in our 2 day stay, maybe we should have went there on day we went home.
excellent hotel all in all, definitely worth a short stay for express passes and location. normally like to stay in different places when I go back to destination but would consider this hotel again.
August 2014
Imagineer

We stayed here for one night, mainly for the express pass benefits. When we got there we hadn't been allocated a room yet, but we left our bags at bell services and went to the parks (with our express passes). We went back at around 3pm and a room was ready. We hadn't requested a particular room as we were only there one night, and the check in staff asked if we had any preferences but we said no. We were allocated a ground floor room (1st floor for them) in tower 1 which was actually perfect for us because we wanted to use the pool and it was quick to get to from there. We could see Dr Dooms fear fall from our room (and could hear the Hulk ride too! ). The pool is amazing. It's not very deep but it's huge so great for a swim around. The whole pool area is very relaxing. Our king size bed was so comfy and was the comfiest night sleep that we had all holiday. It was a shame that we had to get up early the next morning to make use of early entry to WWOHP haha. We will definitely stay on site at Universal again!
May 2014
VIP Dibber

We had a wonderful Christmas stay at the Royal Pacific. It was our second visit and certainly won't be our last. We normally stay in a club room as it makes what is a relaxing holiday even better. Breakfast is in the club room every morning with access to cans of drink, juices and Starbucks coffee all day long. With limited snacks at lunch they offer hot food every evening which can save you a fair bit on your food bill. The day ends with "desserts" from 8-9 that always include nice fresh cookies. I almost forgot that alcoholic drinks are free during the evening too.

The hotel itself could not be better located right next to Islands of adventure a just a bit of a longer walk to Universal Studios. Or take the boats which run along the waterway. You hotel stay includes front of line access which can be a godsend, especially around Christmas time. Unlimitred access to the express line enables you to simply walk on the rides.

The theming of the hotel is of an Hawaiin resort and its not really that far off. Its a very relaxing place to stay.

My only issue would be with the room size when you have a family of 4 but its not enough to put me off staying here and we have been lucky to get the exact same corner room twice which helped. Also with access to the club lounge the boys can sit in front of the big tvs with their feet up watching the NFL with free drinks if they want :)

Our first choice hotel in Florida!
December 2013
VIP Dibber

This was our first stay as a family at any of the resorts, Disney or Universal. We usually stay at a DIBB villa as they offer more room for the whole family so this was a bit of an experiment. My DD is a HUGE Harry Potter fan so the early entry was a big part of our decision to stay. The FOL passes were also very welcome as the parks were busy and, as we were there in August, we had a LOT of "due to inclement weather this ride is closing.." announcements during our two week holiday !

Our room had a view of the pools however because of the many trees it did not feel overlooked. The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of room for a family of 4. Overall the hotel was very well themed and we really enjoyed being so close to the action. What we did not expect was how much we would enjoy the swimming pool area, after all we were there for the parks. We stayed for two nights and had 3 days in the parks with FOL passes on. That was enough for us to ride as often as we wanted in the morning, come back for lunch at the pool, spend a few hours playing beach ball volley ball :) and returning to the parks later in the day. The entertainment around the pool was great fun, the food at the pool bar was great. They would bring your food and drinks to our recliners, perfect.

Overall it was a great experience and we agreed that it will become a "must do" part of our holiday each time we visit. In fact we are planning for 2015 and we are thinking of staying there the first 3 nights; that way we will not need a rental car for the first few days...

August 2013
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We stayed 1 night here for th express pass. I was impressed with how close it was to the parks.
After a day at universal we went back and were allocated a room in tower 2, when I opened the door it was really smelly... not sure what it was I would describe it as musty but it was horrible and made me feel really queasy, the others could smell it but weren't as bothered by it.
Anyway, back to reception who were lovely and really apologetic, she didn't seem overly shocked by my comments though and asked if it smelled mouldy!
Another room, top floor, tower 1, this was fine. The room was quite small, but clean, not smelly and beds were comfy!
I was impressed by the kids water play area and pool. Not so impressed by the food or service at the pool bar, it was fine but just not great.
I think my opinion was clouded by the smelly room and the fact we were staying at the Polynesian which I thought was far superior and I should never have picked a universal hotel with the same theming as I couldn't help but compare the 2.
It was almost like a hotel that thought it was posh but it really wasnt...
I'd happily stay at universal again but would try a different hotel. There was plenty positives about the RPR though and for express pass, convenience and the pool I'd recommend it.
July 2013
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
I want to go now!

Stayed for 3 nights to take advantage of fast pass - brilliant.We had stayed at Hard Rock 2 years ago but will return to Paciffic.
July 2013

We mainly stayed here to get the park benefits. We didn't get much of a chance to look around, but the rooms were Uh-maz-ing! They bed were so soft. just lovely. We had a really nice night, would deffo recommend!
June 2013
Imagineer

This was the last of all the universal onsite hotels to stay in - and my favourite.

Of course the huge bonus is FOTL and early entrance for Harry Potter, but the ambience of this hotel was just perfect.

Our room (and it was the first time I'd booked a non- water/pool view) overlooked lush gardens with a pet workout area! The room itself was nice enough, smallish bathroom but there was only my 20yo DD and I.

The pool made my stay here. We came back from a day at US around 3.30 and spent a few hours at the pool. I'm not usually one for mass entertainment at the pool, but it was really good fun watching some silly games with the kids going on one end (but may be the cocktail helped!).

Friendly staff - with the exception of one. Which was unfortunate since we discovered we had a little infestation of the flea variety when we checked out. So I discretely asked the concierge guy if I could speak to someone about it since check-in desks were all madly busy (at 8am). He asked why so I told him and he said he would take care of it. No apology, nada.

When we went back to collect our bag after a day in IoA, I wanted to check he had passed on the message since the 10 or so fleas we had discovered on us would no doubt multiply if not treated. I'm an animal lover so appreciate these things can happen as it's a pet friendly hotel. Mr Happy had not told anyone, so a down mark for cleanliness I'm afraid.
June 2013
I have Ears

We stayed here for one night, just to get the Unlimited Express passes. We where two familys, each two kids. We found a good deal on the hotel through Orbitz, and paid appx. 20% less than any other rate we could find.

We arrived around 9am, let our bags and got our express passes, and headed for the parks. With the EPs, we where able to do all the rides we wanted in USF on the first day, with some rerides.

In the afternoon, we went back to the hotel, got our (connecting) rooms and hang out by the pool while it was to hot to be in the parks. My friend won a free cocktail in the Belly flop competition! But he was red and hurting for a day...

Later, we went for dinner at margaritaville on CityWalk, and after that we took a stroll through IOA and a few late rides.

Next day, we had breakfast at the Islands dining room in the hotel. Great breakfast, but way over priced. After that, early access to WWOHP and spent a half day at IOA. Pool after lunch, and back to parks, did a little park hopping and split up between Simpsons fans and water ride fans.

I think RPR is a great hotel when visiting Universal, and the benefits are really useful. Not only the EPs, but also the chance of hitting the pool or take a nap in your room during the hottest hours. Would I stay here again? If going to Universal, absolutely. If not going to Universal, no way. There are much better deals on nice hotels available if you don't want the benefits.
June 2013
VIP Dibber

We stayed just one night here, to get the park benefits. It is a lovely resort, very spa / calm/ oriental in feel. There are lots of good dining choices but we got the boat to Citywalk and had a meal and some drinks there. It is very nice to walk around the grounds, and the pool area has activities on and 'movies by the pool'
The rooms were clean and had plenty toiletries, coffee making etc. we had a standard view which looked out onto a tropical looking pool surrounded by trees. We would go again :-)
April 2013
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

The hotel is clean, pool areas clean, staff very friendly and helpful, lovlely theming throughout. Plenty of beds and staff around the pool and the food and cocktails at the pool were lovey, didn't have to leave my sun bed.
Didn't like the fact I had to get the key to the fridge from reception once we had our room or the fact there is no privacy door/screen/curtain between the room and sink. Rooms are smaller than Disney rooms.
Over all though it is a well kept, well run hotel and very handy for US/IoA, just to use the early enrty and FP is worth staying.
October 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Excited about Disney

Lovely hotel within easy reach of the parks. The walk is quite pleasant although it can be a bit spooky at night walking along the path. I got a really good rate to stay here through BA but don't think it is worth it's usual price. The rooms were nicely presented, but although bigger, I was just as comfortable in my Disney value resort room. Of course the reason for staying for here was for FOTL which is a brilliant perk although you don't really need it much during September as it is quite quiet anyway.
September 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [2] Overall Impression [4]
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

What a beautiful hotel. Rooms where great, beds very comfortable and hotel theme brilliant. Pool is very clean and only 4ft 10 at its deepest. Bar food is reasonably priced and its big portions. We loved it here and the hotel FOL photo passes are tops. water taxi into city walk is special and all captains are very friendly and polite. We will stay here again no problem. 9.5/10
September 2012
Excited about Disney

We stayed to gain advantage of FOTL passes for one night in the middle of our stay. We found it to be very clean and friendly. However, we felt very cramped as a family of 4 in one room. We only have small children which was just as well! We also found the swimming pool to be a bit busy for our liking. That said, I'd do it again for the passes and convenience of being on site.
August 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

This hotel is stunning ,all areas were spotlessly clean,the staff were very helpfull and the beds were SO comfortable ,we didn't want to get out of them ! Breakfast was a buffet with a good choice of food . The best thing is being able to walk into the 2 theme parks .the perk of showing you room key for instant acess to rides is invaluable .
August 2012
slightly serious Dibber

RPR is my favourite universal hotel. It's great to be so close to the parks and have the benefit of front of the line. The hotel itself is lovely, rooms always clean and comfortable and the scenery of the hotel beautiful. Stayed here 3 times now and again in September 2014.
August 2012
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort for 2 nights to avail of the FOTL pass at Universal. Lovely hotel which was walking distance to the Parks. Well worth the stay although did think everything at the hotel was very expensive - paid nearly $30 for 2 beers and some nachos(although it may have possibly been the biggest bowl of nachos in the world! ) Would recommend but purely for the benefits of great access to US and IOA
July 2012
Cleanliness [3] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [3]
Excited about Disney

Main reason for staying here was to take advantage of fast pass.

The hotel was really nice, high end spec in bedroom, nice foyer and staff were great too. Wouldn't say it was as good as the Hard Rock Hotel, think Hard Rock is better themed overall.

Would say that this was a really nice hotel and well worth a visit even if just to get fast pass.

July 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]

Great hotel, recommend it to everyone.
July 2012
Imagineer

An amazing hotel! Wow. Even though it is the lowest star hotel out of the three on-site hotels this just doesn't bare thinking about as it is truely an outstanding hotel. The pool is large, so even when busy there is enough room- pool bar is brilliant serving up nachos and burgers etc. Peak season sees movies by the pool at night also. With just a short stroll to the park and city walk you're never far from the fun, but far enough away to relax. Ideal if you're wanting to escape the midday sun and have a nap or jump in the pool. Would stay again in a heartbeat.
June 2012
Imagineer

We booked a night here to take advantage of early entry to WWOHP and FOTL Passes, and got much more than we expected.

The hotel is beautifully themed, and we loved the relaxed feel of the room and pool area so much that we missed our 2nd morning at WWOHP and just chilled out for a couple of hours.

We had breakfast at Islands, which at $40 for 2 adults and 1 child was more than we expected to pay for breakfast, but the food was spot on and worth every cent. Room service and mini bar are very expensive, but easiliy avoided, and being 5 mins from City Walk in the evening was great - Walking back and sitting by the lagoon at dusk was lovely.

Universal Studious is cut off from I-Drive, so I probably wouldn't want to stay for 2 weeks (unless you have a car) but would definitely recommend for a split stay. We enjoyed it so much that we're hoping to do 4 nights next time!

Tip - if you are going to I-drive, instead of getting a taxi from the lobby pop down to the bus / taxi area at City Walk, as they are much cheaper - and you could always jump onto one of the free i-drive hotel shuttle buses if you time it right in the evening (that's our plan for next time)
March 2012
VIP Dibber

Beautiful hotel, wish I had more time to explore. The staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't eat in any of the restaurants so I can't comment. They're expensive though, $4 for a tiny dessert and $2.50 for a bag of M&Ms! The room was a little on the small side and since the sink was outside the bathroom, didn't have a lot of privacy. The lack of a fridge was a little disappointing. The beds were so so comfortable though, the sheets were beautifully soft. The bathroom was alright, nice and clean but the shower is brutal! Overall a great hotel and well worth it for the front of the line passes, even if we didn't even need them because the parks were empty!
February 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

The theming is wonderful, but you end up walking miles to get anywhere. Our room was almost at the far end of the corridor and it took 10 minutes to get from our room, down in the lift and round the outside to the water taxi to get to the park. Check-in was excruciatingly slow, but they did give all three of us free internet for the duration of over stay (only overnight, but hey!). The room was beautifully themed but so small, with the two beds less than 3' apart. The two easy chairs were massive and really, really uncomfortable (probably great if you're over 6' tall, though). The tray of drinks and snacks in the room were prohibitively expensive (over $10 for a bottle of Fiji spring water) although they did provide a pod hot drinks maker so we could make ourselves hot chocolate for free. We would have had to have paid a lot extra for access to the fridge, so didn't bother for an overnight stay. However, with the cost of the rooms they really ought to provide it foc - especially as it's already there (just locked away).

The pool was closed the day we were there (it was rather parky) so we didn't really get to sample any of the hotel's facilities. The free dessert I was given as it was my birthday was barely big enough to feed one (the 1" thick chocolate cake was no more than 2" across and covered with some sort of chocolately moussy stuff) and it took them nearly half an hour to give it to me! In the end, it never got eaten because we were so tired by the time we got back to our room (and so full from our Cheesecake Factory dinner), and it had gone 'off' by the morning when we would have wanted to have eaten it.

I would stay again if the price was right as it did give early access to Harry Potter, but in the end both parks were literally deserted and we didn't get any proper use out of our FoTL passes after all that.
February 2012
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [2] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Lovely hotel theming is beautiful, rooms a nice size for 4 people, short walk to IOA but get the boat if your going to Universal.
Pool area nice plenty of sun beds although the water was a bit chilly.
Staff very pleasant & helpful.
I would defiantly stay there again
October 2011
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]

To be honest with you I thought that the cleanliness was nice and the hotel gave my family a warm greeting and the child Friendliness was good for my family too.My family loved the pool and the food was really tasty and the location to the attractions was not far away but it was close enough for us to get a cab.The value for money was good and cheap with no extra money to be given and the overall impression of the hotel is that it was comforting for my family and the room view was amazing.The hotel was posh and very nice.
October 2011
Excited about Disney

We stayed here just for the one night, to see what it was like for future reference. The hotel and the grounds were very nice and swish. Room was a decent size luxuriously decorated. The pool was an ok size but just a basic pool. Just a short scenic walk to CityWalk and the Universal parks, or a short boat ride. The staff were very friendly and couln not be more helpful. Very impressed - a very nice hotel worth the money, especially as Express passes for rides in both parks are included! Cant wait to visit again in the future.
September 2011

This hotel was awesome. We went to the pool, which had a very good temperature. It was easy to get to the park and was very good. We didn't dine at the hotel but there was different choices of food. The rooms were very good. At the pool side there were fruit sticks for free. Also, there was a tab for your room. It was a good hotel is all I can say.
July 2011

When I went to Loew's Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal, I stayed in Tower 3 on the 3rd Floor (Lobby Level) it was a lovely night. It was a nice room, comfy bed, big wardrobe, everything you would need in a hotel room. The pool is MASSIVE and there is a play castle which has stuff you can splash with. There are lots of activities in the pool too. It is VERY near to Universal, there is a sushi restaurant there. They give you FastPasses and the Phone Alarm is bang on the minute. I would recommend it to everyone.
July 2011
Excited about Disney

Brilliant Hotel for location and setting. Attractive hotel and restaurants/bars were nice with a good atmosphere and decent pricing, however breakfast buffet disappointing and pricey, avoid. If you plan to go to Idrive often and don't have car this hotel has very poor access to Idrive (30 minute walk with no walkways to hotel at one point from Idrive). Rooms are very clean and a great base for your holiday. Don't expect many amenities in room however (lack of a fridge was a big disappointment). All in all a great hotel, with superb location and FOTL pass use. However, recommended for short stay's only and ideally have a car if travelling outside of Universal.
May 2011
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Earning More Ears

we found this hotel very friendly and high standard compared to where we stayed for the rest of our holiday which was pop century but that hotel was very nice and family friendly aswell, but this hotel was much more deluxe, so we would definitely recommend it. we only stayed for 1 night but we wish we could of stayed for longer.
December 2010
VIP Dibber

Absolutely love this hotel. We stayed for one night to get FOTL passes and to be able to get into Harry Potter land an hour early.

The reception area is huge with lots of lovely relaxing seating areas. Check in was very quick and the staff very helpful and pleasant. Bell services kept our luggage and the front desk stored our daughters milk in their fridge.

The pool is amazing, it was quiet when we were there and you needed your room key to get into the pool area. There is a water play area where little ones can get soaked! We did share the pool with a couple of ducks at one point!

The walkway to the boat dock is almost all undercover so perfect if it is raining. The theming around the boat dock is cool with the 'crashed' plane. The boot trip is lovely to take and very quick.

There is also a lovely walkway to walk to City Walk and the entrance of the parks.

The room itself was lovely. No balcony but we would not have used this much anyway. Two large double beds, a chair and small desk, small fridge full of their stuff to purchase so not really useful if you have your own stuff to put in. The bathroom was lovely with really nice products to use. There is a coffee machine with tea and coffee which was a nice bonus.

The whole resort is calming, peaceful and tranquil. Everywhere was spotless and the outside areas very well maintained. It never seemed busy during our stay. The staff were all helpful and friendly and I would love to stay here again.
November 2010
Imagineer

got this as a harry potter package to get the early entry but it was worth every penny for the hotel! it was gorgeous... lovely setting... grande features...
lovely pool.would stay again
September 2010
VIP Dibber

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our fortnights holiday. The hotel was lovely - beautifully decorated and the pool was great. We used the water taxis and walked to the parks from the hotel. The fastpass access you get from staying in the resort was really useful although the queues weren't that bad anyway.
The staff were really helpful and friendly. We ate at Islands and Jakes Bar during our stay and found the food to be really good in both. Would definately recommend this hotel and would stay here again...
September 2010
Imagineer

We just love this hotel, stayed twice in 2009 and 2010 and will be returning in 2012. It's ideally situated for the Universal parks, love the fol pass. Great pool area and a lovely laid back vibe. Can't wait to return.
August 2010
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed for 1 night and were upgrade to a club floor room on arrival. Having stayed at HRH and PBH this was our favourite and thought the nicest of the hotels. We ate at Tchoup Chop and thought the food and service was excellent.

Nice relaxed feel about the hotel, the boats were prompt and we waited no more than 3-4mins for the transport to the parks. As you gain use of the fast-passes by staying onsite this short break was great value for money and made our visits to the parks really relaxed and enjoyable.
July 2010
Imagineer

Stayed here in 07, 08 and 2010. The RPR tends to be the cheapest of the 3 on site universal resort and I believe the rooms are slightly smaller too.

Staff are friendly and the resort is well kept. The general atmosphere is very relaxing.

The Islands Dining is good and the characters often seen included the simpsons and Scooby & Shaggy
July 2010
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
slightly serious Dibber

we stayed for 2 nights lovely hotel ideal for visiting the parks it was busy they had dancing championships on when we were there i must say i did feel a bit out of place at times alot of people wearing suits long dresses designer gear it was like baywatch around the pool but the hotel was lovely and clean we ate at city walk on both nights would definatley stay again but couldnt stay 2 weeks
September 2009
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Apprentice Imagineer

Loved the hotel ambience, rooms gorgeous, pool area beautiful. Fantastic use of fast passes and a lovely walk to the parks. Kids loved it too.
August 2009
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

This really is a fantastic hotel.
We stayed here for 2 weeks and loved every minute of it. The welcome we got from reception staff was excellent. The lady who checked us in changed our 2nd floor tree view room to a park view room when she saw how long we were staying, they could not have been nicer, as were every single member of staff we came across. This is not a stuffy hotel just very pretty and comfortable. There was really lovely strawberry lemonade laid out for guests in the afternoon in the lobby area, and we sometimes just sat in some of the comfy chairs watching the world go by for 15 mins or so if we were coming back from the parks mid afternoon, very civilised.
Rooms were a good size, very comfy beds and a lovely coffee maker and most importantly it was immaculately clean when we arrived and for our whole stay. The safe was big enough for all our documents and a little bit more, and it had in the cupboard an iron, iron board and a hairdryer. Plenty of room to store all our cases in the cupboard or by the door.
We ate in Jake`s Bar, Orchid Sushi Bar and Tchoup Chop. All 3 were lovely I would thoroughly recommend them all. I even got my picture taken with scooby Doo :)
We ate every morning in Orchids lounge which did a fantastic selection of pastries, croissants,muffins, toast,cereals,fresh fruit, cinamon buns and a good selection of hot and cold drinks. We were around $18 evry morning for all 3 of us which was fantastic value. Didn`t use the breakfast buffet in the Islands restaurant as we are happy with a pastry or cereal, it would have been a waste of money, but heard it was wonderful.
The pool bar was also very good, food was excellent and the atmosphere was really nice. Plenty of loungers and space around the pool area too. It closed at 11pm when we were there.
Laundry rooms were ample but like most hotels could do with more machines.
The boat trips to US/IOA was really good. The captains were all very friendly and chatted quite freely about lots of aspects. Made a nice way to get to the parks. We didn`t ever walk but it looked a nice walk and not too long.
The FOTL pass was a godsend, especially in our first week. It was wonderful getting straight on the rides. And as we went to Universal/IOA at some point every day (we LOVE Universal rides) we got a lot of use out of them.
I think now we have been spoilt. As we spend most of our trip at Universal and only visit Disney a couple of times, this is the only place we are going to stay from now on when we visit Orlando.
Anyone staying here soon will love it, it really is a beautiful hotel with a fantastic atmosphere.
August 2009
Imagineer

Five of us shared a room for 7 nights, to be honest I was worried about us being cramped in a small space but this was not the case. The rooms are spacious, we had 2 queen beds. We took a 7 blow up bed with us to avoid the $25 per night charge for the additional roll away bed - my boys were happy to take a turn sleeping on this and the maid even left additional bedding for us.

The pool area was great, the dive in movies went down well with the kids at the weekend. The cocktails were not too bad either!

The boat service is regular and the walk is a easy - you come out beside the plane at city walk.

I got a good deal for our 7 nights, I am not sure that I would consider playing full undiscounted price.
August 2009
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Our 4th stay at RPR, 2 weeks, and again we had a great time, everything was excellent. I always request pool view, and got the same suite as i had last year which has a great view of the pool area and you can see IOA as well, Edd on checkin said he reckons its the best suite and view at RPR, and i would not disagree with him. Staff as always are lovely and have time for you here, and the pool as always is great.
Well have another week booked here for next year
July 2009
slightly serious Dibber

Nice hotel. Only stayed here one night - wanted the express passes. Quality of this place seems to be a cut above Disney Hotels - modern, quality hotel.
July 2009
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We like the atmosphere of this hotel although the pool areas can get very busy in peak times.

Mainly go for the unlimited FOTL access but the overall impression is very good.
Good service at check-in and out.
Breakfast at islands was great and we enjoyed Jake's bar for a couple of drinks after the parks.
Rooms are generally smaller out of the 3 universal hotels but not a problem for us 4.
July 2009
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [5]
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights at the beginning of our holiday. Our stay was superb. There were 5 of us 2 adults and 3 sons 14, 9 and 7. We decided not to book the trundle bed and eldest DS slept with his dad while I shared with the other 2. There was plenty of room in the beds and the room was big enough for us all.
We had a view of Islands of Adventure from our room and the kids thought this was awesome.
The decoration was lovely and the rooms very clean and done everyday. Plenty of towels for us all. Lots of space to have all the clothes and luggage out of the way as well.
The pool area was fantastic and the kids were happy to spend just a few hours in the parks as thy were happy to get back to the pool.
Staff were all very helpful and pleasant.
The FOTL passes were excellent and meant we could do the parks at leisure, this really added to the holiday being about relaxing.
Next time we want to spend a full week here and can't wait.
We had booked it direct with Universal and the longer we booked for the cheaper each night was.
June 2009
Obsessed and love it!

Love it, love it, love it!
We make apoint of staying here for a few nights during our Florida trip every year and have never been disappointed.
As a family, we all love Universal and IOA so this place is ideal. The boat taxi from the hotel to the main entrance is lovely and reeks of indulgence!
Staying there also gives you unlimited fast pass access - something that will be really handy when the Harry Potter World opens! Plus, at the end of a busy day, just being able to amble through City Walk, take in a movie and meal etc - top stuff!
The hotel also regularly offers discounts so if you are thinking of going there - keep an eye on their website (ie 4 nights for the price of 3 etc).
The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and the staff really friendly. It is the most reasonably priced of the Universal hotels yet feels extravagant. The pool is well equipped and they have the equivelant of drive in movies in the pool on some nights - bizarre but great fun as you lie in the water watching the big screen!
If you can stretch that little bit further go for it - you wont be disappointed :)
May 2009
Getting Excited

We stayed here for 1 night for the third time and were returning this April.
The rooms were imaculate and had two queen beds with a view looking out to the gardens. The pool is a wonderful size and child friendly. The Location is FAB with a five minute walk or a 2 minute boat ride. Boats arrive every 5 minutes which is practical The food is of high quality and i'm much then impressed with RPR. The bonus is with the 1 night stay you get a 2 day universal pass to skip the queues on the rides.
I would definatly reccomend this hotel. And will continue to return.!
May 2009
Very Serious Dibber

A lovely hotel, the most comfy bed i've ever slept in. Great pool, kids loved it. Would definatey stay here again - if the price is right! Shop around there are good deals to be had.
May 2009
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [3] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

We stayed here for one night in November while we visited the Universal Theme Parks. The one night stay gave us Front of Line passes to all the rides on the arrival and departure days. The front of line passes were worth every penny of staying in the hotel.

The hotel was really lovely. The room was gorgeous. Really spacious and with big comfortable beds. Big flat screen TV on the wall which you could use to access the internet.

We ate in the Islands Restaurant which wasn't the best food so wouldn't rush back there. Our server wasn't very nice and not up to Disney standards.

The pool was lovely although it was a bit cold on the days we were there so we didn't appreciate it as much as we should.

We used both the water taxi and walked to Citywalk and both were good ways to get there. The walk was pleasant and the driver of the water taxi was nice and chatty.

We would stay again happily but are going to try the Hard Rock Hotel on our next visit.
November 2008
Imagineer

Very very impressive. The minute you walk in your hit with just how impressive this building is.

Lovely lobby, and very very friend staff, id say better than Disney Staff by a mile. Room was great, nice and large, and very very clean with flatscreen LCD TV. Bars and restuarants was very good too - also great staff and very child friendly.

Only downside was that the poolside area closed at 10pm, so you couldnt even go near the pool or sit outside for a drink after 10pm, which was odd as the weather was great.

Also, if you head back to your room at about 4pm, you might find your room hasnt been cleaned until later, as on two occasions our room was still un-touched at 4.30pm. Highly recommend though!
October 2008
Imagineer

This is our second favourite of the Universal hotels, it's a lovely setting, similar to the poly at Disney but much grander in my opinion. The standard rooms are slightly smaller than at the Hard Rock, so not so good for larger families. Lovely hotel though, and has a fab pool area too.
September 2008
Imagineer

Totally relaxing hotel from the minute you walk over the bridge to enter the hotel the service is first class.You can have a full breakfast in the Islands or you can grab toast,cereal,muffins,fruit whatever from the lounge upstairs.The staff are really friendly and cant do enough for you they let us keep our room till later in the afternoon at no extra charge on the day of departure.The water taxi is a lovely way to arrive at Citywalk and the "Captains"are really friendly.Staying at this hotel gives you front of line express you just show your key and you are straight on no waiting which is so good at the time of year we went because it can get very busy in August.We stayed there for 2 weeks this year and last year for 1 week.Would recommend this hotel for a relaxing time after the parks.
August 2008

Fantastic hotel, best I've stayed in in Orlando.

We've tried a Universal Hotel before, staying at the Hard Rock, but I really didn't like it, but I don't like the Cafes either. The hotel is fine, it's the anodyne, corporate rock they play everywhere; even the pool!

The RPR is a really nice hotel and seems to be set up for tourists, unlike the similarly rated Buena Vista Palace which is wholly geared to business travellers and conventioners. The RPR is genuinely welcoming, the facilities are fantastic and the staff really friendly (though I appreciate the irony of saying anything there is real or genuine)

The hotel looks amazing - near Disney levels of theming creating the illusion of a South Pacific Island sometime after WWII, with the tale of island pilot Jake presenting a back-story woven into the decor. All staff wear tropical costume and say 'alloah' when they meet you, the gardens are tropical, there are waterfalls and ponds - superb.

The room was very nice - on a par with HRH, light and well laid out. Good TV package including one HBO channel. Excellent coffee machine with Emiril brand coffee (he's the local celebrity chef) which makes a nice cup if you only half fill the reservoir. Bed linens very good, beds comfy - we went for two queen sized beds. House keeping was fine, though once they did come very late and we wanted back into the room while they were there; admittedly we did leave the room very late that day.

The restaurants were very good - separate review of Tchoup Chop - and breakfast in Islands was a treat. Not too expensive either.

On site gym was quite good - reasonable free weights and machines, CV machines for the ladies. Free fruit, good steam room and sauna, really lovely spa bath. They also provided toothbrushes and paste and shaving gear; I love shaving after a steam, so I thought this was fantastic. Didn't see another soul in the spa. Funny thing was, use of the gym is extra, but the Virgin package includes gym use, however most staff had never heard this; suggests that most Virgin customers don't use the gym; I used my Lowes card to get in without having to argue.

The swimming pool looked nice, but I didn't use it so I have no idea as to temperature. The pool area was well attended by bars and staff and is next to the artificial sandy lagoon where you can sun bathe with a view of Jake's old plane. There were a couple of hot tubs and plenty of loungers.

One of the best thing about the RPR is the location. We had decided we would have early mornings, late mornings and very late mornings as my wife has lupus and needs her rest. On the late mornings I could go and workout and have a sauna before waking her. On the very late mornings I could be at the parks for opening, a 7 minute walk, do everything front of ride and still be back for 10:15. The FOTL access is unrestricted, not as was suggested by another reviewer, and very handy later in the day. We could eat in Citywalk and Mandy could have a drink knowing she would not have to drive (I don't drink, but don't drive either so I can't be the nominated driver).
We toyed with the idea of a Disney hotel for next time as it would mean I could sneak off to a Disney park while Mandy sleeps, but they are just too far from the parks for that.

All in all a great resort, everything you need, great location. We will stay at Universal again next time; that FOTL is too good to miss. We'll look at the Portofino, maybe even HRH, but the RPR will be tough to beat for me.

December 2007
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed here for one night to get two days front of the line access. We loved the styling of the hotel, particularly the pool , the room was fully adequate .We stayed club level, which with five in the room worked out pretty good value and we really enjoyed the use of the club lounge for a leisurely breakfast.The walk to the parks was covenient and pretty but we also enjoyed using the boat.
September 2007
Administrator

This is the second time we have stayed at this resort, this time it was just for two nights.
This resort hotel has the advantage of being within walking distance of Universal, Islands of Adventure and City Walk. The walk is very beautiful and takes about 10 minutes, if you don't want to walk then you can catch the water taxi that leaves the hotel every 20 minutes.

The hotel is well laid out, the staff were friendly and very welcoming and the rooms were very clean.
The rooms are large enough to house a family of 4 easily, there are the usual facilities such as Iron and Ironing board, Wall Safe and Hair Dryer. The beds are large and very comfortable.

My only dissapointment with the rooms were that the maids were still cleaning the rooms at 5pm and later, we returned once to change at this time to find the maid just coming from our room having just cleand it.

If you intend staying here make sure you get a Lowes membership card before you book as this will entitle you to a free room upgrade most of the time along with some free extras.

Our upgraded room looked out over the Hulk rollercoaster and Dr Doom, we could also see them testing Dueling Dragons in the mornings.

The best advantage at staying on-site at a universal hotel is your room key card acts as an 'Express Pass' to all the attractions. Just show your room key and yo can use the Express line at any time. Using this we re-rode some of the ride several times in a row. I remember riding 'Men-in-Black' twice, passing the same people in the regular queue both times.

I really like the atmosphere of this resort and will stay again, hopefully next time it will probably be for a week.
September 2007
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

Had an unplanned night here in August 07 - We were disgusted with a hotel we had booked in St Petersburg so due to the fall out with their staff and management we didnt want to say in St Petes so came back to our second home (Orlando) and managed to find room in this inn. As with Hard Rock the rooms are very comfortable and the grounds/settings again very nice. the pool area was great and relaxing, especially during park opening time as we had a rest day and chilled by the pool. the cleanliness we didnt have a problem and the added advantage of being a hotel member for rewards the kids (and me) got their complementary cookies and milk for bed time. The only fault (and it is minor) we had difficulty finding the correct way to walk to the park entrance area.
August 2007
Imagineer

Had a wonderful 1 night stay here using the 2 days of Front of Line Passes. The rooms were large and clean and they fulfilled our request of two adjoining rooms with no problem. We didn't bother with a pool/water view and our view was fine nonetheless. We loved the pool and the surrounding area - it was very relaxing. :)

We had a delicious buffet breakfast at the Islands Dining room with a very helpful and friendly server.

We would definitely stay here again and got an excellent rate using Cinders Mum and AA card discount.
June 2007
Cleanliness [4] Child Friendliness [4] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
VIP Dibber

Really impressed by the RPR, 7 night stay - staff friendly and helpful from bell services to reception and the restaurants. Spotlessly clean room, superb housekeeping (better than WDW!). Jake's Bar lovely and relaxing, great food to eat in or "To Go". Really good buffet or a la carte breakfast at Islands Restaurant. Room service was prompt and good, not overly expensive. Great location for both IoA and US plus Citywalk - ten minute walk along the path which is well lit and clean. We noticed no noise at night in this hotel. Would definitely stay here again
December 2006
Imagineer

We stayed for two nights and were very impressed. The rooms were large, comfortable and well equipped. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfasts in the Islands restaurant were extremely good. The pool and area, complete with sandy beaches, was excellent. Its closeness to Universal - eight minutes walk or five minutes in the boat makes it very convenient and of course the major perk - the Front Of Line pass is definitely worth having. We were able to use ours several times on every ride without any problems. Yes, in-room facilities are expensive - soft drinks from the mini bar work out at 2.50 each and a room service pot of tea for three cost $30! - but to set against that, we got $80 a night knocked off the room rate simply by haggling with the girl in the reservations department. We would definitely stay there again, and for longer this time.
November 2006

Unlike earlier reviewer we found staff particularly helpful and FOTL unlimited. Rooms fine and very pleasant pool area. Proximity to Universal great. Once you have done Universal though there is not much point in staying there as I think you could get better value elsewhere.
November 2006
Imagineer

I loved this hotel, the pool area was really good, room lovely easy access to IOA and universal and front of the line included worth its weight in gold. Would highly recommend this hotel solely for FOTL.
October 2006

Very disappointed in this hotel. Stayed at Portofino Bay last year and it was lovely. This hotel is not. Staff are disinterested and at times rude. There was dried blood on our bathroom light switch which was still there when we left. The hotel is very noisy at night so would suit night owls. Islands restaurant is lovely with great food at a very reasonable price and friendly staff. Wouldn't stay here again. We were advised by Univeral staff member that staying at this cheap hotel only allows you to use FOTL once per ride until 4pm which is not the benefit they advertise.
August 2006
Cleanliness [1] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [1]
Imagineer

We stayed here for 2 nights so that we could have FOTL access. We were not expecting much of the hotel but boy were we surprised. The hotel itself was really relaxing and the staff very helpful. Our room in Tower 3 was large with 2 Queen beds and a lovely bathroon. We ate at Islands for breakfast and it was one of the best buffet breakfasts we had ever had. The pool was lovely and not too crowded. I was dissapointed we were not staying longer at this hotel and would definitely return. We could use FOTL as often as we wanted for each ride and really made the most of it.
August 2006
Imagineer

Totally adored everything about this hotel from its location to its cleanliness and the service we received. We were given a free upgrade to a room overlooking the Hulk and Dr Doom, which we all loved. The room was just off the main corridor, so was quiet and peaceful. The beds were very comfortable.
We enjoyed eating in the RPR. Those breakfast muffins and Danishes were to die for! There was also character interaction with Shrek and Fiona.
We didnt use any of the hotel facilities as we were there such a short time but all in all we loved this hotel and would certainly go again!
August 2006

Stayed Club Level for one night just after Easter 2007 - excellent AP rate of $124 +tax (Club Level was comped but should have cost an additional $100 + tax)
Cons : Some confusion at check in as staff did not appear too know which direction the rooms overlooked. Exterior of building not particularly inspiring. Pool area particularly messy after some high winds. Rooms quite small. Parking $12+tax per night.
Pros : Lovely pool area for the kids. Friendly staff. Room & bathroom clean. Good food at Islands Dining - with Scooby & Shaggy in attendance & great company. Reasonable selection at breakfast in Club Lounge. Nice walk to parks along waterway. Front of Line worth the price of the stay by itself!
April 2006
Imagineer

Great location, staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are very nicely decorated and the pool area is great with plenty of loungers available
January 2005
VIP Dibber

First time staying onsite at Universal, we were all impressed with this hotel (even my 'hard to please' father). Very relaxing atmosphere with exotic music playing in the background all added to the overall theme of the hotel. Lovely comfy beds, beautifully decorated rooms and service from all staff was faultless. Had the best breakfast ever at the Islands Dining Room (not cheap, but very very good), also used the 'grab and go' from the Orchid Lounge some mornings (the coconut muffins are to die for). Lovely 10 minute walk to Citywalk, would often walk rather than take the water taxi.
December 2004
Getting Excited

Excellent hotel and great location plus front of line for two days with a one night stay makes it a bargain. Would recommend but don't open the mini bar as its expensive. Go for it , it worth it for the FOL which is the best.
September 2004
Getting Excited

We stayed in this hotel for our Honeymoon and had a fantastic stay. Loved the hotel and its surroundings. It was very clean and very nicely decorated throughout. We had an evening meal at the Islands Restaurant which was gorgeous (not cheap) but would go back. We loved being able to take a boat ride into Universal studios, and the quick passes you got to use. We loved this hotel and would definitely stay here again.
July 2003
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [3] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

We stayed here for one night to make use of the express passes. however we fell in love with the hotel and wished we had stayed longer. the room was gorgeous and the bed was huge! the staff were all very friendly and the breakfast in the hotel is wonderful, but slightly pricey.
January 1970
First POST

My family and I stayed here in September 2012 and were really impressed with the whole experience. Complimentary drinks on arrival in the lobby were welcomed after a hot taxi ride. The pool is beautiful and the little touches such as frozen grapes and drinks handed out free of charge at the poolside made you feel special. There were nights where films were being shown at the pool which is a nice way to wind down with everyone after a long day. Rooms are small but perfectly formed and spotlessly clean. The early park entry and express pass benefits are worth their weight in gold and ensure you get to see all that Universal has to offer. Free water taxi rides from the hotel to City walk are enjoyable and can save your tired legs however the walk is not too far and very scenic.
I would highly recommend this hotel and will be returning with my family next year!
January 1970
slightly serious Dibber

Outstanding hotel. We stayed here in September 2012 and feel it definitely needs to be bumped up to a 5*. We felt like royalty here. On first arrival, walking in the entrance was breathtaking, awesome theming. Seeing the fountain in the middle was beautiful. Check-in was very quick but we chilled out on the seats in the foyer. When entering our room we were in love! Enough space for the 4 of us who were sharing, the other 6 in our party were in couples for their rooms. Double beds were a great size, plenty of room, lovely a clean. A huge TV with all current TV channels like MTV (not that you'd need it with those Fast passes for the parks ;)) Bathroom was again lovely and clean, staff were incredibly polite and the whole vibe of the hotel was one of a kind.

We had a couple of pool days at the hotel, during the time we were there the pool was fairly quiet, it was a great size and depth, I'm a pretty good swimmer but my grandmother and grandfather can't swim, this was a suitable depth for me and for them so suitable for all swimming abilities in my opinion. There were various pool floats that were free to use and there were also a number of pool competitions like pool volleyball that we took part in and were awesome. Due to us going out in the evenings we didn't get to see any of the pool movies but on our way our one night we saw they were playing Shrek! :) The complimentary drinks (lemon water and strawberry slush) were delightful and unlimited use. I also did some chalk drawings on the floor which was fun :) When lounging around by the pool staff would come around and offer to arrange our towels to support our necks etc (almost like in a spa) and offered us complimentary snacks like frozen grapes on hot days! Also had a pool side meal which was delicious, well-priced and portions were HUGE! lol.

Ordered room service once at the hotel, a little more expensive than the poolside meal (of course) again portions were HUGE, staff were super polite and food was DELICIOUS! I had ice-cream for dessert expecting a bowl of it but had a whole tub!

The hotel itself has so many benefits that make the hotel worth staying at alone. The unlimited "FOLP" (Front Of Line Passes) at the hotel are a godsend, the complimentary boat rides to City Walk and the parks and beautiful, scenic and relaxing. A lovely way to wake up in the morning and ease yourself into it. The captain's are also very talkative, funny and polite. Always said for us to have a good day and thanks for riding. The walk to the parks is also very beautiful and takes about the same amount of time as the boat ride. Again you get priority seating at the City Walk restaurants, and if you buy any merchandise in the parks you can ask them to deliver it to your hotel room. My boyfriend and I had a caricature drawn of us but were planning on going on water-rides so were offered to have it delivered to our room, if we wanted to keep it in our bags they put a protective packaging over it to keep it dry which was super nice of them :)

We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting.
January 1970

Florida Tix