Zip 32821
Telephone (407) 239-3100
Official Rating
Members Rating (4.5)

Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Excited about Disney

Stayed here for the last week of a three week holiday, our first two weeks were spent at Parkway International.

As a party of 7, we stayed in a two bed apartment in Spas. We found it clean and well finished. Good amenities, although we were on a ground floor apartment and found the "river" thing behind us a little off putting as it was very dirty looking. It attracted some very pretty birds though.

We were disappointed with our pool view request, as the pool is actually across and road so the kids weren't able to go themselves (they had been able to do this at the previous complex).

Again, found the constant phonecalls inviting us to breakfast (a timeshare meeting in other words) off putting, a polite no didn't put them off at all.

On the whole a nice complex close to Disney and amenities such as supermarkets etc but we found it lacked atmosphere and was not the most child friendly complex we have visited. I would recommend it for couples or families with much older teenagers, but not sure I would stay there again.

Although the Market Place (shop) is convenient and has some nice deli things in it, the Dollar Tree across the main road is much cheaper - loaf of bread in the Market Place £4.99 - Dollar Tree $1.07. Need I say more...

The Pool across the road from us was open until 1am and had activities such as Karaoke - great but very noisy for those near by who are not taking part.

Kids found the pool dull and it was very busy even though there are 6 pools within the complex.
April 2014
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [2] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [2]
Proud to wear my Ears

I stayed here with my family and my boyfriend in June. This resort is really nice, about a 10 minute drive to Disney and 15 to Sea World. The villas (apartments) are done to a really nice standard and have been recently refurbished and are really spacious as well. There are a variety of pools dotted around the resort, which are nice to dip in to on a hot Florida day. There is also a shop and a food delivery service which delivers KFC & Pizza Hut, these can also be picked up at the Food Court they have. Overall a fantastic accommodation, would definitely recommend!
June 2011
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [3] Overall Impression [5]
Imagineer

I stayed t the sheraton vistana lbv for two weeks last september and loved it so much that we are going back again in 3 weeks! the apartmets are spotless and just finished a $153 refurbishment in all of the areas. we styed at the cascades which was the first area to be renovated and it was worth the stay. the rooms were spotlessly clean with hd tv, bosch sound system, ensuite shower bthroom and fully furnished kitchen.

The onsite facilities were excellet, there were number of different pools (i can't recall from memory) but we spend our time mostly at the pool by zimmies bar and got friendly with the ba staff, loveyarea. Most days we often drove to the food court for a snack, tey have an onsite pizza hut, kfc and AW aswell as a cocktail bar.

I go to the gym when i am in florida so was happy to see that they had some great fitness facilities and they also run a programme with different activites ie. acqua zumba, aerobics, dancing etc.

Cannot wait to go back! :)
September 2010
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [4] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Serious Dibber

Stayed here in August after enjoying the complex for the last 7 years and buying in to the timeshare programme. We stayed in the recently refurbished Cascades section and was most impressed. Huge flat screen TV in the main living area and two slightly smaller varients in the second bedroom and master bedroom and all units have wi-fi.

The second bedroom has two king sized beds, TV, phone, radio/clock and two wardrobes. It also has a large interconnecting bathroom with Shower/bath, toilet, two sinks with granite surround.

The master bedroom has a huge bed, jacuzzi bath, door to the balcony, TV, two large wardrobes with mirrors with the safe in, en suite bathroom with two sinks, toilet, independent shower and the aforementioned bath tub. Very impressive and a big step up from last time we stayed.

We had three pools within a 3 minute walk, Two very big pools with resturants and a smaller quieter pool. We used them all and eat at the resturants and we were actually very impressed. There is also a General Store with starbucks coffee inside, pc centre and everything you would need, they also offer to stock your apartment on arrival.

Over at the Fountains, there is a food court with popular brands A&W, Pizza Hut Express and KFC (the popcorn chicken is genious) which opens at 5pm, which i think is silly, open at 12! They have said they plan to do this. The food court is situated in front of probably the biggest pool on site absouloutly fantastic but can be busy. This is also where most of the evening activities take place should you not be watching one of the many firework displays that Disney offer!

We really enjoyed our stay again at the Vistana and will be back again this year. All the apartments there are being re-done and when i spoke to the manager there when going to a owners meeting they are about 70% done. We may buy a second week when 100% complete. If you are planning to stay in Lake Buena Vista this is a fantastic resort with 135acres of fun! There is a walgreens just outside the property and a wal-mart further down the SR 535. Disney just a few minutes away. Please PM if you have any questions and i will try and help. :-)
August 2009
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Serious Dibber

I have stayed here twice, in a 2-bedroom apartment (5 people), and a 1-bedroom apartment (2 people). The first thing I will say is that the room decor is a bit dated, much like many of the hotels in Orlando which is why I didn't give full marks. However the rooms are in great condition and are always clean.

There is plenty to do on-site, as well as several swimming pools and plenty of places to eat including a restaurant, deli, and food court (KFC, Pizza Hut and A&W).
Getting to WDW takes less than 5 minutes by car (I once did it in less than 3 from entrance gate to entrance gate), and there's easy access to I-4 to get to Universal. The Resort is also at the quiet end of I-Drive, so you can easily access Sea World in ten minutes.

ALso close to the Resort are Crossroads (2 minutes), a Publix (5 minutes) and Premium Outlets (5 minutes).
July 2009
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]
Imagineer

We stayed here in 2009 and loved it. The only reason we havn't been back yet is because we needed to sleep 6, and although these will, we wanted 3 bedrooms.

The resort was immaculate, no pushy sell on check in and very helpful staff everywhere we went. Great location on 535, just down the road from crossroads and premium outlets, 10 mins from DTD and easy access to Disney, turn right out of the resort and right again.

Facilities were great, lots of pools to choose from, all with towels and plenty of seating. Events in the evenings, movie nights etc and much more we didn't have time to do. The supermarket in the middle of the resort was reasonably stocked, but not that conveniently located for us as we were in Lakes, so tended not to use it.

The rooms were large, beds comfy, lots of towel animals for the kids, serviced daily and contained everything you could possibly need including washer/drier.

Only place we have ever been where the phone call to check a fault had been resolved came as the engineer arrived at the door... Could not fault the service.

Only negative was the road noise from the I4 if we had the balcony doors open, but then we were in one of the closest units to the edge of the resort.

Thoroughly recommended.
May 2009
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [4] Overall Impression [5]