theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Seaworld in a day ... doable ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1056299)

smudgester 24 Nov 17 12:58 PM

Seaworld in a day ... doable ?

Hi all,

As above really.

Thanks to the Discovery Cove Blue Friday deal, we are now planning on how to squeeze Seaworld and Aquatica into our week in Orlando @ Easter.

Aquatica will be fine - we'll just replace what was going to be a Disney Water Park day with AQ so we'll save money as well - but ... is it possible, in possibly busy season, to do Seaworld in a day ? Or would you need the fast passes as well ?

And by 'do' I mean all the big rides and possibly one of the shows ?

Gill H 24 Nov 17 01:24 PM

On both our visits we did all the rides and shows and were done by 3pm.

chmurf 24 Nov 17 01:32 PM

I doubt you will be able to do both Aquatica AND Seaworld in a single day, especially if you're going at a busy time

probably start with Aq as early as possible, then move to SW with Quick Queue to do the rides. but that would add the cost of Quick Quene

the above poster is correct, you can do all of seaworld in the morning and be out early in the afternoon, but doing Aq after that might be difficult depending on when the park closes.
from your ticker, you go in april, and Aq will close around 7pm, so if you're out of SW at 3pm and in Aq at 4pm you still have 3 hours to enjoy the waterpark, that should be enough, if it's not an overly busy day.

doing Aq before is not adviseable as it opens later than SW

that would be an intense day, but if you're willing to make a short visit to SW and move on to Aq when you feel like it, then it's probably doable

would I do it ? no. But that's just me.

SmilingSammie 24 Nov 17 01:41 PM

Think it really does depend! Theres been times i've done what I want in a day and others it was mobbed.
I havent ever been during easter - maybe you could have a look back at wait times - history and judge it?

smudgester 24 Nov 17 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chmurf (Post 12956422)
I doubt you will be able to do both Aquatica AND Seaworld in a single day, especially if you're going at a busy time

probably start with Aq as early as possible, then move to SW with Quick Queue to do the rides. but that would add the cost of Quick Quene

the above poster is correct, you can do all of seaworld in the morning and be out early in the afternoon, but doing Aq after that might be difficult depending on when the park closes.
from your ticker, you go in april, and Aq will close around 7pm, so if you're out of SW at 3pm and in Aq at 4pm you still have 3 hours to enjoy the waterpark, that should be enough, if it's not an overly busy day.

doing Aq before is not adviseable as it opens later than SW

that would be an intense day, but if you're willing to make a short visit to SW and move on to Aq when you feel like it, then it's probably doable

would I do it ? no. But that's just me.

Sorry, should have been clearer.

We have 2 days to do both but only 1 day @ each.

SW was my main worry.

JudgeJ26 24 Nov 17 05:23 PM

We've done it in a day and managed to watch the shows we wanted.

amandajane10 24 Nov 17 05:31 PM

We only go for a day.

Geordie boy 57 24 Nov 17 07:30 PM

We only ever do a day at Seaworld
We manage to do all the rides and see the shows

thebig40 24 Nov 17 08:07 PM

We did it in a day in August, it wasn't that busy and even some of the brilliant rides were a walk on. The longest wait we had was 60 minutes for that penguin thing which I wouldn't bother with again. No huge queues at all.

Monko 25 Nov 17 12:25 AM

So easy to do in one day - or less - in October (when we were there). All rides were walk-on, the only delay being the faff with Kracken and the VR headsets.
Love Seaworld - there are some serious coasters there now.