theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   SUV's and Wheelchair Storage (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1056867)

Mr Tom Morrow 1 Dec 17 09:20 AM

SUV's and Wheelchair Storage

I was asked to look in the rear of the standard SUVs by a few Dibbers who were concerned about how much space they have.
I did this in November but sadly I forgot to post the pictures:erm:

What I have done is photograph the rear and then with the tailgate open. Hope it helps, the bad ones are self evident!

Basically ignore the Journey and the Outlander totally albeit the rear row of seats are up, but it's still not good.. Also the Santa Fe isn't that great either. The rest are fine.:)

fiffio 1 Dec 17 11:27 AM

Thanks Tom, very much appreciated!

toonarmani 1 Dec 17 12:00 PM

Hi Tom, we have a Standard SUV booked for next year, from what you've seen, how many cases do you think we would fit in the smaller v larger examples?

Cheers

Mr Tom Morrow 1 Dec 17 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toonarmani (Post 12964182)
Hi Tom, we have a Standard SUV booked for next year, from what you've seen, how many cases do you think we would fit in the smaller v larger examples?

Cheers

Mmm. Well we got 3 cases, a grip and 2 of the 3 cabin cases in the boot of a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Maybe it was 1 cabin case.
The other one(s) went on the back seat.

Now the Jeep isn't the biggest by far so I think just about all of them will take 3 cases especially if they stand up but that may block the view from the mirror.
The Journey would concern me as that looked small.

Best I can do sorry as this is the first time we have hired one this last trip.

The Jeep strangely had a big metal bar in the rear that held the tonneau cover. That was good. But it was a nuisance with the cases as it blocked them from stacking high

It was good after that though as it was 9" behind the rear seats which could then recline that 9" distance.

duncanb 1 Dec 17 12:27 PM

Hi MrTM out of curiosity was it Santa Fe sport or the Santa Fe as this is the bigger 7 seat model.

Mr Tom Morrow 1 Dec 17 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncanb (Post 12964217)
Hi MrTM out of curiosity was it Santa Fe sport or the Santa Fe as this is the bigger 7 seat model.

Duncan. It was the Sport. I assume that is smaller?

duncanb 1 Dec 17 01:43 PM

Cheers yes sport is slightly smaller with SF the stretched one.
Slightly confusing to give it same name.

Guest 1 Dec 17 05:25 PM

Hi, Tom,
I just can't make out the models of the 3rd one down (white chevy) and the 4th one down (silver ford)any idea what models they are?
thanks for any reply.

Guest 1 Dec 17 05:40 PM

I have a travelscoot especially for travelling... go Google. Worth it's weight in gold, goes in the hold of coaches, goes on a cruise ship and any car boot. Also goes on every plane no problem. I have the more expensive lithium battery which is lighter and goes in the cabin with you on planes. If you get one buy it from the German site as you will be eligible for the VAT to come off. Just say you have diabetes if you do not claim any benefits like me, that will be enough.

Mr Tom Morrow 2 Dec 17 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leading Seaman (Post 12964482)
Hi, Tom,
I just can't make out the models of the 3rd one down (white chevy) and the 4th one down (silver ford)any idea what models they are?
thanks for any reply.

Hi The Ford is certainly the Edge. I'm fairly certain the Chevy is the Traverse.

My Son was taking the pictures as I was lifting the tailgate. I will ask him when he gets home if he knows. Also I will scold him for not doing a proper job and photographing the name. You just can't get the staff nowadays!:pgig::pgig: