theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Additional Support Needs & DAS (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Assistance at MCO - Gone? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132071)

ayeready 8 Jun 19 07:14 AM

Assistance at MCO - Gone?

Can anyone confirm if MCO no longer offer assistance on landing? i.e. blue jacket employee takes you through security etc.

Hearing reports that people have been landing having prebooked assistance only to be told there is none and to wait in line for 2 hours to get through security.

Not exactly a great start to the holiday with 2 autistic + adhd kids if true.

planecrazi3778 8 Jun 19 07:18 AM

We did see this when we were there in Nov 2018, the staff were still there but the passengers just joined the queue like everyone else.

ayeready 8 Jun 19 07:42 AM

We've contacted the airport to find out what's going on.
Can't believe they would remove such a necessary service.

scojos 8 Jun 19 08:05 AM

We had an email which said to wear sunflower lanyard and to approach staff they d point us in right direction.
I think the assistance is still there

Brock 8 Jun 19 08:31 AM

We Landed at MCO on the 25 April 2019. I require wheelchair assistance this was provided however you no longer have a special line you have to queue with all of the other people. we were in the queue for roughly an hour, because of the wheelchair we were last of the plane another negative point.

We were taken all of the way to the car park so that we could collect the car.

sasperella 8 Jun 19 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 13890688)
We Landed at MCO on the 25 April 2019. I require wheelchair assistance this was provided however you no longer have a special line you have to queue with all of the other people. we were in the queue for roughly an hour, because of the wheelchair we were last of the plane another negative point.

We were taken all of the way to the car park so that we could collect the car.

Hi
Interested in this also. There was another thread like this and the last post confirming that the wheelchair line is open was 25th May this year.
I wish we could get a concrete answer to this.
As I’ve said in other thread, this year for 1st time DD and I have treat ourselves to PE. I believe a perk of this is you are amongst the first off the plane.
If I have to wait til last waiting for Wheelchair Assistance and then have to go to the back of a queue hardly seems fair.
I sent an email to Special Assistance on 24th May still haven’t received a reply. :mad:

sasperella 8 Jun 19 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayeready (Post 13890621)
We've contacted the airport to find out what's going on.
Can't believe they would remove such a necessary service.

Will you let us know your reply please.:wavey:

Brock 8 Jun 19 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasperella (Post 13890720)
Hi
Interested in this also. There was another thread like this and the last post confirming that the wheelchair line is open was 25th May this year.
I wish we could get a concrete answer to this.
As I’ve said in other thread, this year for 1st time DD and I have treat ourselves to PE. I believe a perk of this is you are amongst the first off the plane.
If I have to wait til last waiting for Wheelchair Assistance and then have to go to the back of a queue hardly seems fair.
I sent an email to Special Assistance on 24th May still haven’t received a reply. :mad:

We were flighting with Virgin also in PE we had to wait until all of the other passengers were off the plane before the wheelchairs were brought down to the door.
We were at the back of the queue.

sasperella 9 Jun 19 01:38 PM

Hi,
I have finally received a reply from Special Assistance. Their reply as follows:-
“I’m afraid with wheelchair assistance, you will always be asked to wait until most other passengers have deplaned, simply because it is too difficult to get the wheelchair along the air bridge with other passengers using it.

There are still wheelchair lanes at MCO , however they are open and used intermittently, this means you could have to wait at the normal immigration lines”

Not really what I wanted to hear but hey-ho I’ll be in Orlando:d:

MrsGrumpy 9 Jun 19 06:03 PM

When we flew out in November we were told that it had been stopped as people were abusing it, but if you showed them your blue badge they would take you out of the standard line - which is what happened to us and others off our plane. We'll see what happens next Saturday!