theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Anyone else do low mileage? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158621)

mickey house 22 Jan 20 09:28 AM

Anyone else do low mileage?

I took my wife's car for a service and MOT last week, and since the last MOT was last done she has only clocked up around 1,200 miles.

I wonder if any dibbers can beat that (as in drive even less miles):grin:

PoohBears#1fan 22 Jan 20 09:31 AM

My car was registered in November 2017 & has 18,020 miles on the clock, I thought that was low 😂

Jaspercat10 22 Jan 20 09:33 AM

I am a bit like your wife I don't really like driving I will actively avoid the motorways or journeys on roads I have never been on. School, shops, supermarket my car could literally go on auto pilot. :-)

DisneyCupcake 22 Jan 20 09:34 AM

09 Reg and less than 13000 miles on the clock.

novocastrian 22 Jan 20 09:35 AM

Ive done nearly double that since 1st Jan:grin:

100 miles a month... be cheaper to walk...:grin:

Beth_Disney 22 Jan 20 09:42 AM

Yup, we’ve got a 63 plate Zafira that we bought brand new and got a good offer on and lifetime warranty. It’s got 8,000 miles on the clock. Between the last two services it did 750 miles. Last year I swapped my company car to a hybrid so it’s cheap to drive. The Zafira only gets used when we need the extra boot space or hubby doesn’t fancy walking to work.

Mr Tom Morrow 22 Jan 20 09:45 AM

MH. For donkeys years we managed with 1 car as my Wife worked local to where we live.

Eventually a neighbour asked did my Wife want to borrow her car as she was away for most of the year and it was the return of a favour as I looked after her house and mail etc.

Some 2 years later she moved away permanently and we bought the Fiesta for a grand. Nice car.

We kept it for 2 years only as I realised it was doing circa 200 miles a year.:erm::erm:

Of that 200 per annum probably 100 of that was me taking it to work a few times to keep the battery topped up:pgig:

My Wife refuses to drive now so we are back to 1 car but even that only does circa 8k a year.

mickey house 22 Jan 20 09:50 AM

My wife's low mileage isn't as low as some dibbers mileage, so I gracefully accept defeat😀

My wife only drives to work locally a couple of days a week and works at home the rest of the week. She also doesn't enjoy driving, so I drive everywhere in my car. She also uses my second runabout car sometimes, but refuses to get rid of her car, which is her choice so no complaints from me (at least it doesn't get new tyres very often).

mickey house 22 Jan 20 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14252749)
MH. For donkeys years we managed with 1 car as my Wife worked local to where we live.

Eventually a neighbour asked did my Wife want to borrow her car as she was away for most of the year and it was the return of a favour as I looked after her house and mail etc.

Some 2 years later she moved away permanently and we bought the Fiesta for a grand. Nice car.

We kept it for 2 years only as I realised it was doing circa 200 miles a year.:erm::erm:

Of that 200 per annum probably 100 of that was me taking it to work a few times to keep the battery topped up:pgig:

My Wife refuses to drive now so we are back to 1 car but even that only does circa 8k a year.

Wow 200 miles, that is definitely a record and I can't see anyone doing any less that that mileage:grin:

The garage did say my wifes battery needed a charge which I wasn't aware of, but the short journeys don't help so I'm going to take it down the M40 occasionally to give it a good run.

disneypars 22 Jan 20 09:54 AM

I always thought tyres deteriorated with age and not mileage.