theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   When to visit Tokyo (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1082605)

aay_esha 29 May 18 05:07 PM

When to visit Tokyo

Hi!

DH & I have recently started researching a trip to Tokyo for either 2019 or 2020. We can get off work pretty much any time so wondering what you could recommend as the best time of year to go?

We're hoping to do 4 days at the Disney and Disney Sea parks and then maybe a couple days or more for sight seeing but really have no clue what we're doing so far apart from that :d:

We've been pricing at flights and hotels for different times of year but wondered if there was a specific time that was better at the parks for whatever reason or even weather wise!

Thanks in advance!

kevin_cambs_uk 29 May 18 08:28 PM

I always go September, and really like it, very little rain and still nie and warm but I am having trouble for 2019, as I want to avoid the Rugby world cup, so not sure at the moment!

sam_b 30 May 18 08:28 AM

Hi
I go to Japan a few times a year for work (and also for pleasure). I personally would not go after May or before end of September. It is too hot and humid and, particularly in Tokyo, the heat is trapped.
I have been in September, January, June, February, November and December.
My preferred month is November, preferably later in the month to catch the amazing maple season.
We went last Nov (21st- 8th Dec) and had perfect weather - not a drop of rain, mild and sunny.
I would try to give a reasonable amount of time to see Japan, not just Disney - IMHO itís s long way to go for a theme park. Allow a few days for Tokyo, ideally a visit to Kyoto. Last year we had some fab day trips from Tokyo - Nagano to see the snow monkeys, hakone to see Fuji and Nikko. We also went to Osaka and Hiroshima (as well as Kyoto which is beautiful in maple season).

Good luck with planning.

Gill H 30 May 18 08:34 AM

We are planning the same for our silver wedding in 2020.

Currently reading lots of trippies on here and following YouTube vlogs - Tim Tracker and Krispy Smore did a joint trip recently.

Budget means we will only be able to do Tokyo and TDR with a day trip to Mount Fuji. Iím sure that will be enough for an 8 day trip.

Dancin 30 May 18 10:01 AM

Remember the Rugby World Cup 2019 kicks off in Japan on September 20th right through to the Final on November 2nd; loads of games in Tokyo and Yokohama.

Dancin 30 May 18 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13280428)

Currently reading lots of trippies on here and following YouTube vlogs - Tim Tracker and Krispy Smore did a joint trip recently.

Budget means we will only be able to do Tokyo and TDR with a day trip to Mount Fuji. Iím sure that will be enough for an 8 day trip.

Its DW's and my 25th Anni in September 2019.

aay_esha 30 May 18 07:10 PM

Thanks for the advice guys ! I think DH would love to be there for the rugby haha but it's our anniversary right at the start of December so the end of November might not be a bad idea ! I would imagine prices will be bumped up anyways when the rugby is on !

Dancin 30 May 18 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13280428)

OMG just realised the Olympics are in Tokyo in 2020!