theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Guests stuck for hours on Disney's New 'Skyliner' Cable Car Transport System (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1148500)

Nimbus 6 Oct 19 09:29 AM

Blimey, it’s only been open a week and there’s already been an incident with it? Another Dibber said the other day they were stuck on it for an hour and I’ve heard others say it’s been stopped and closed for maintenance a couple of times. That’s not good.

Cha cha 6 Oct 19 09:35 AM

This is so scary!
I’d decided to try the Skyliner from Pop to HS, even though I’ve got a fear of heights, but knowing this can happen is making me think again.

Is the Epcot line down now while they investigate?

🙁

YLL 6 Oct 19 09:39 AM

I was ready to give it a go but this is too worrying. Why did it take 2 to 3 hours to evacuate? You would have thought Disney would have evacuation protocols in place. As someone said above, if it had been in full heat during daytime people would have died, for sure. Disney takes security very seriously, so this is pretty shocking. Imagine if something happens, they'd be sued by hundreds of guests... they could decide it's not worth the risk and close the system.

DiszeeBelle 6 Oct 19 10:20 AM

When we visited in the summer I said to hubby what happens if a power failure occurs or one gets stuck. He said it be ok Disney will have it sorted. Told him no-way you would get me on, youngest said it goes over water and Florida has alligators so not getting her on haha- no idea where this phobia of snakes and alligators has come from but it scares her. After reading this he actually said "you were right! and we won't go on it next time we visit".

monique 6 Oct 19 10:33 AM

We were going to give this a try in two weeks but I think I’ll wait until they iron out any issues... I’m really claustrophobic and the thought of being stuck in a pod , even for 15 minutes without it moving, makes me scared. I’m okay as long as things are moving but being stuck for 3 hours? Dear lord that would seriously freak me out and they’d owe me a hell of a lot more than a $100 gift card 😳😳😳

dopeysfriend 6 Oct 19 10:54 AM

I tried this out last Sunday when it first opened. It was great to try it but I did think it would be scary if it got stuck!

sha9 6 Oct 19 11:05 AM

What surprises me is that the Skyliner has been “running” for months now. There have been constant vlogs showing it running with multiple cars on it. When we were there in the two weeks before opening it seemed to running continually. You’d think they’d have had time to iron out any issues. It’s so typical that something like this happens once it opens to the public.

duchy 6 Oct 19 11:27 AM

I wonder if different weather conditions or more weight in the cars impacts ...or maybe the tests weren't for continuous running.

Guest 6 Oct 19 11:41 AM

This did make me laugh though!

toonarmani 6 Oct 19 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltyboy (Post 14112787)
I guess you could say if it was going to happen it was best during night fall. I would honestly say if you were stuck in one for 3 hours during the heat of summer people would die, I don't think that is an over exaggeration.

They are vented (top vents and also behind/beneath the seats) and they have emergency water/cooling pads inside (if needed).

It may be uncomfortable and not particularly nice in the heat, but I think death is a bit OTT. :erm:

Disney could think about "I survived the Skyliner.." t-shirts as a spin off ;)