theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Tokyo trip planning itinerary 2022 - Disney > Exploring > Universal (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180503)

LostPrincess 20 Sep 20 05:20 PM

Tokyo trip planning itinerary 2022 - Disney > Exploring > Universal

Hi all!

We would like to go to Japan in 2022. We are thinking 4 days Disney, a few days exploring Japan on the way to Osaka and then a few days for Universal. Please can you share your itineraries? And also, does £6000 for everything seem realistic for 2 people? It will probably be in September or April but we aren't sure yet.

AntonyJ 20 Sep 20 07:08 PM

Couple of questions if I may.

Flying from where in UK, are you bound to London airports say?

Do you want to try and have the full Disney experience by staying in their hotels at Tokyo Disney, or are other hotels ok?

Are there just 2 of you or is it a family thing with how many kids?

Just to start with - oh - by any chance do you have a good number of Virgin airmiles?

AntonyJ 20 Sep 20 07:22 PM

Mine for May next year is still a bit in flux, but stands at:

2 nights Hilton Tokyo Bay for a day each at Disney.
Move into Shibuya Tokyo and stay in a hotel there for rest of holiday as we want to do Tokyo.

Day trip to Osaka - trying to work on my better half to perhaps have overnight stay and do Universal but they are not a theme park fan, well not as much as me!

Rae21 20 Sep 20 08:01 PM

Mine for next year (hopefully!) 22nd May to 5th June
Flights with BA - Manchester to Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda
10 nights hotel in Ikebukuro
Only 1 day at Disneysea (so far)
Shinkansen 🚅 to Osaka then have 3 nights in a Universal Hotel either Hotel Keihan Universal City or Hotel Keihan Universal Tower
Flight home with BA Osaka KIX to Heathrow to Manchester

Flights cost £1200
Ikebukuro Hotel £650
Universal Hotel £180 or £270
Rough estimate on transport costs inc 1 way Shinkansen for 2 people £370
Tickets inc Disneysea, 2 day Universal and 1 day fast pass, Teamlab Borderless, Ghibli Museum, Joypolis (Odaiba) £700
Annual Travel ins inc COVID-19 cover £100

Total - £3290

Then food and spending money to add 😊

AntonyJ 20 Sep 20 08:57 PM

Our Hilton stay works out at just over £270 for the room, but it is cancellable upto 24 hours before arrival.

Fingers crossed that early next year Hilton Japan do the flash sale for my stay dates again and I get sane room for lots less

LostPrincess 20 Sep 20 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntonyJ (Post 14653542)
Couple of questions if I may.

Flying from where in UK, are you bound to London airports say?

Do you want to try and have the full Disney experience by staying in their hotels at Tokyo Disney, or are other hotels ok?

Are there just 2 of you or is it a family thing with how many kids?

Just to start with - oh - by any chance do you have a good number of Virgin airmiles?

London airports would be preferable but I don't mind a road trip if it would make a big difference!

Any hotel is fine.

Just 2 of us.

We had virgin reward flights booked for MCO for this month and they've been refunded. Can't remember off the top of my head but we might have roughly 60,000.

Thanks for all the replies guys super helpful!