theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Would u book a holiday at Xmas when u have USA booked (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180728)

juless77 25 Sep 20 11:36 AM

Would u book a holiday at Xmas when u have USA booked

We have Florida booked at Xmas but honestly can’t see us going so hoping a couple of weeks before we will get offered a refund ( aer lingus ) In the meantime have seen a holiday for a brilliant price just me and DH tempted to book it but then if we are allowed to fly at Xmas I would have 2 holidays and could only go on one obviously can’t afford to lose money so what would you do ... :confused2 book or wait till we hear if holidays cancelled to USA I think I know the answer but I’m impulsive :tongue:

KarenG 25 Sep 20 11:51 AM

It would depend where the other holiday was to?

2point 25 Sep 20 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juless77 (Post 14659016)
We have Florida booked at Xmas but honestly can’t see us going so hoping a couple of weeks before we will get offered a refund ( aer lingus ) In the meantime have seen a holiday for a brilliant price just me and DH tempted to book it but then if we are allowed to fly at Xmas I would have 2 holidays and could only go on one obviously can’t afford to lose money so what would you do ... :confused2 book or wait till we hear if holidays cancelled to USA I think I know the answer but I’m impulsive :tongue:

If you book flight only with BA you can change the dates up to the day before the flight, no charge. That's what w have done for this October. Flying to Lanzarote.

Guest 25 Sep 20 01:53 PM

VH have just cancelled our December 8th holiday from Manchester, I'm gutted 😭

wombat girl 25 Sep 20 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma (Post 14659147)
VH have just cancelled our December 8th holiday from Manchester, I'm gutted 😭

I was on that flight as well but I cancelled mine a couple of weeks ago and rebooked for 2022.

Nostradamus 29 Sep 20 04:05 PM

I emailed Virgin and asked why aren't they cancelling all holidays to Orlando in 2020.
They said "We are reviewing our flying programme on a daily basis and we are hoping to resume flights to Orlando on the 10th December but this is subject to change due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19".

"There are a number of passengers that are exempt from the current travel restrictions to the US, so it maybe that these flights will still operate"

maidmarian 29 Sep 20 04:12 PM

Forget the Florida one it's not going to happen sorry 😢
Get another booked it will help you get over it 😉

Nostradamus 29 Sep 20 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maidmarian (Post 14663315)
Forget the Florida one it's not going to happen sorry 😢
Get another booked it will help you get over it 😉

How do you know it won't happen?

Virgin are asking for my balance for December, how can I book another holiday?

maidmarian 29 Sep 20 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 14663332)
How do you know it won't happen?

Virgin are asking for my balance for December, how can I book another holiday?

I quoted the op... how do you think you're going to go they won't let you in

Nostradamus 29 Sep 20 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maidmarian (Post 14663339)
I quoted the op... how do you think you're going to go they won't let you in

Hope you are right.