theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Disney Villains After Hours at the Magic Kingdom (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1122086)

Stu 2 Apr 19 03:14 PM

Disney Villains After Hours at the Magic Kingdom

Disney Villains take center stage at select Disney After Hours Nights Events at Magic Kingdom Park - 6 June - 8 August.

Disney After Hours is a special event that’s open to a limited number of guests and offers low wait times at more than 20 attractions and experiences after the park closes to day guests, from classics like the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Space Mountain, to newer favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, plus many more. Event tickets also allow entry as early as 7 p.m., which gives you time to enjoy fireworks before heading off to the attractions. Ice cream novelties, popcorn and select bottled beverages are also included in the cost of admission.

This summer, Disney Villains After Hours will take on a wickedly fun villains theme, with exclusive entertainment, food & beverage, merchandise and more.

Here’s a taste of what new elements to expect:
  • A Brand-New Disney Villains Stage Show – Hades and Meg from “Hercules” will set the castle stage ablaze in this all-new stage show, Villains Unite the Night, which will also feature appearances by Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier and Maleficent.
  • Spot Maleficent the Dragon – Maleficent the Dragon, with her Steampunk style and signature wicked grin, will be let loose for the first time at night – breathing fire as she creeps through the park as a one-of-a-kind experience for party guests.
  • Villanous Enhancements: Discover surprising, villain-inspired additions at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain.
  • Wickedly Good Food & Beverage - A variety of special food & beverage offerings will also be available for purchase, including tasty desserts, drinks and dishes inspired by The Queen, Cruella de Vil, Maleficent, Hades, Dr. Facilier and even Emperor Zurg.
  • Event Merchandise – Event attendees can also purchase new logo merchandise, as well as items from a curated collection of the best Disney Villains merchandise available.
  • One Notorious Item to Note: Ever driven to stand out in their unpredictable and audacious fashion, while the Villains will be entertaining guests in the new stage show, they will not be participating in character greetings during the event.

If you really wanna get in on the action, feel free to show off your sinister side by dressing in attire inspired by your favorite baddie.

June 6, 13, 20, 27
July 1, 11, 18, 25
August 1,8

Disney Villains After Hours tickets cost $139 plus tax in advance, $144 plus tax on the event night. Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog in the coming weeks for booking details! Annual Passholder and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $30 discount and purchase tickets for $109. Tickets for these specific Disney Villains After Hours event nights will go on sale April 29.
©Disney

Shifu 2 Apr 19 04:06 PM

Swings and roundabouts isnt it really. I'd have been perfectly happy with the cheaper ticket and no villains. And I think secretly I was looking for a quiet event not stage shows. But if its all they are offering then I'll go with it (its a hard life).
I do like the sound of special food and event merchandise.
A good discount for DVC members.
Thumbs up for the dragon...thumbs down for no meet and greets. Sounds more like MNSSHP with the stage shows etc not a quiet After Hours access all areas.

Sue F 2 Apr 19 05:03 PM

Fingers crossed that they will be going back to doing the normal After Hours event after that date, we are hoping to do that one during our visit in the middle of August.

kirkdalewdw 2 Apr 19 05:06 PM

so no free drinks/popcorn/ice cream and they have put the price up, be interesting to see if there is the demand

disneypars 2 Apr 19 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw (Post 13762368)
so no free drinks/popcorn/ice cream and they have put the price up, be interesting to see if there is the demand

It's mentioned in the first post so they are available.

Glasgow trip 2 Apr 19 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw (Post 13762368)

There are still free drinks and ice creams, but also additional themed food to buy

I’m in 2 minds about whether to book for us - the whole attraction was having a quiet crowd-free experience

batleyboy26 2 Apr 19 06:34 PM

When it says you can go in to the park from 7pm, what time do these events usually finish?

The reason I’m asking is that we are planning on going to MK for a full day on 25 July as we are only getting 2 x 1 day tickets to go to MK and MK. We don’t really want to be going to MK if we would have to leave earlier.

Shifu 2 Apr 19 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batleyboy26 (Post 13762486)
When it says you can go in to the park from 7pm, what time do these events usually finish?

The reason I’m asking is that we are planning on going to MK for a full day on 25 July as we are only getting 2 x 1 day tickets to go to MK and MK. We don’t really want to be going to MK if we would have to leave earlier.

Times vary - entry from 7pm closing at 12pm or 1am at MK if you have the AH ticket.

If you just have a standard day ticket you leave after the fireworks have finished.

overalp 7 Apr 19 02:17 PM

My daughter is 11 do you think it’s alright for her to go Halloween horror nights

loves2plan 7 Apr 19 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overalp (Post 13770026)
My daughter is 11 do you think it’s alright for her to go Halloween horror nights

Do you mean Halloween Horror Nights at Universal or the Disney Villains event? They're very different. HHN at Universal are very intense and not recommended for children under the age of 13.