theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Weddings and Honeymoons (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Wedding hair (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1178535)

bigkid39 15 Aug 20 10:39 AM

Wedding hair

Hi everyone. Exciting times just booked our wedding for paradise cove for november 2021. My question is, I have really short hair and have no intentions on growing it for the wedding (like many have 'told' me to do!) And wondered if anyone else has gotten married with really short hair and let me know what you put in it, tiara or similar, to add an bit of zhuzh! Have seen a crystal headpiece I like that has starfish on it, but not sure if it will look right with short hair. Any ideas would be appreciated

Sandra & co 15 Aug 20 01:01 PM

What about a fascinator or flower in your hair, Pinterest has lots of ideas! Congratulations xx

bigkid39 15 Aug 20 09:28 PM

Thank you.

Gryff 15 Aug 20 09:50 PM

My hair is very short always has been
I was married in November had a full length cape with hood I had a borrowed thistle tiara that the hood rested on then I wore it all day just with much to my MILs disgust
my very simple as it was then cat suit you wear what you want it’s your day and I bet at paradise cove your head band will be the star of the show after you
That was almost 38 years ago now
It’s actually lovely to have a collection of wedding day pictures through the generations as we do dating from 1890

EssexSue 15 Aug 20 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkid39 (Post 14613992)
Hi everyone. Exciting times just booked our wedding for paradise cove for november 2021. My question is, I have really short hair and have no intentions on growing it for the wedding (like many have 'told' me to do!) And wondered if anyone else has gotten married with really short hair and let me know what you put in it, tiara or similar, to add an bit of zhuzh! Have seen a crystal headpiece I like that has starfish on it, but not sure if it will look right with short hair. Any ideas would be appreciated

Oh show us a picture. I think a tiara would be perfect with short hair.

bigkid39 16 Aug 20 03:47 PM

These are two that I have seen and wonder if either will look right with short hair.

caj 16 Aug 20 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkid39 (Post 14615377)
These are two that I have seen and wonder if either will look right with short hair.

I like the second one, but I think you have to try them both. Does your hair sit completely flat, or have some bounce to it..although I prefer the second one, it would disappear on me and the first would look better as it stands taller!

bigkid39 17 Aug 20 11:00 AM

My hair is generally flat until i give it spike! so i guess i could go for either. Think i will maybe have to order both and try them. Go from there i guess. The issue is i am not a girly girl and dont like anything fussy... hence the simple wedding in florida...no fuss!

Rac20 17 Aug 20 11:41 AM

Aww... I love them both.💗 I think the first one looks a little bit grander if you know what I mean? So maybe if you prefer under stated, go with the second. As someone who also got married in Florida, I agree it was a lot less hassle than I imagine getting married in the U.K. is. 😊

bigkid39 17 Aug 20 09:50 PM

Thank you. Due to some family complications it just seemed easier to go away and get married!