theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Ok Lets Try This... Live Food Report June/July 2016 - Day 5 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=965475)

missdopey 29 Jun 16 03:11 PM

Ok Lets Try This... Live Food Report June/July 2016 - Day 5

This morning we tried to have a lie in as we're at the DVC beach bash at typhoon lagoon tonight from 9.30pm-12.30am. I woke up at 7.30am, so much for a lie in! I waited and waited for DH and DD to wake up but game in at 8.30am and grabbed my ham and cheese croissant that I picked up from boulangerie pattiserie les halles at Epcot last night. I love these croissants and normally have them warm but it was almost as good cold the next morning. I used a snack credit for this and it should have been $4.99. There was plenty of ham and cheese inside and the croissant was nice and flaky even if it had been squashed in my handbag.

DH and DD woke up at 9.30am and it was DHs turn to do the coffee run, he came back with another chocolate muffin for himself. He enjoyed this and again it was full of chocolate chips and very moist. He used a snack credit for this.

He also got DD a cupcake for breakfast. Well why not, were on holiday after all! This was just a plain sponge with that squirty icing on top. This was $4.99 but again he used a snack credit. DD enjoyed this but only ate about a third of it as it was huge and quite sickly, DH finished it off.

We decided to head to magic kingdom for the afternoon. We parked up and walked to the Polynesian to grab some lunch in captain cooks. I had the pulled for nachos and a Minute Maid pomegranate lemonade. These were lovely l, they were 2 different types of crisps; a hand cooked style and a poppadum style. They were topped with plenty of pulled pork, a spicy mayonnaise (which wasn't really that spicy), tomatoes, onions and pineapple.

DH had the Hawaiian flatbread, it was basically a ham and pineapple flatbread. DH really enjoyed this and finished it. He also got a pomegranate lemonade, I love how the self service drinks machines have different options at different locations.

DD shared some of our lunch and got an orange for herself. This was incredibly juicy and very tasty and cost $1.99, I paid for this rather than use a snack credit.

Our counter service meals come with a choice of dessert, so DH and I both chose the mickeys premium ice cream sandwich. These are one of my favourite snacks available at Disney, I love the soft cookie and cookies and cream ice cream combination. DD helped me finish some of mine but was too taken with her orange.

Out total for lunch should have come to around $38 but we used 2 counter service credits. We headed off to magic kingdom for the afternoon and managed a few rides before the rain started.

As the weather clouded over we grabbed a couple of pineapple floats. I love these, the pineapple soft serve is so creamy and tasty and if perfectly offset my the sharp tartness of the pineapple juice. DD absolutely loves these so a barely got a look in at one point. We used 2 snack credits for these but they should have been $5.29 each.

We decided to leave magic kingdom around 5.00pm and head for some dinner. We decided upon the contempo cafe at the contemporary resort. This is one of my favourite quick service locations at Disney, it has a huge selection to pick from and they make everything to order. I ordered the Maine lobster roll which was $17.99, this came with fries and a picked up a fountain drink to go with it. This was amazing, there were huge lumps of lobster in it and the sauce wasn't at all overpowering so you could taste the lobster.

DH ordered the chicken Caesar salad, this looks smaller than it is, there was loads of chicken and the right amount of dressing, DH really enjoyed this.

DD had the kids cheeseburger meal which came with fries, grapes and a chocolate milk. This was about $7.99.

For dessert I had the peanut butter pie. This was really good but very sickly and after eating my lobster roll I could only finish half of it.

This is what it looks like inside, it was a pastry casing filled with a kind of creme anglaise in the bottom and peanut butter ganache style filling on top.

DH chose the worms and dirt cupcake to share with DD, they finished this off between them and really enjoyed it. DH then finished my dessert off.

This should have come to $58 total but we used 3 quick service credits. We then headed back to CSR for a few hours to chill out before the beach party bash later this evening.

We let CSR just before 9.00pm and headed for typhoon lagoon, we checked in and headed round for a locker before finding some seats to leave our stuff on. The beach party bash was fun, im not a massive fan of water parks in general but it was just nice to let DD run around and have fun. We got a Mickey bar ice cream about half way though and left about 12pm as we were all pretty tired.
Steps today not including watermark steps - 15603.

JenD1 29 Jun 16 10:53 PM

I love how its completely acceptable to have buns for breakfast on holiday! ;)

beegnjasmum 29 Jun 16 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenD1 (Post 11757480)
I love how its completely acceptable to have buns for breakfast on holiday! ;)

I was just about to say the same thing! : ). They all look lovely too.

margyloveswdw 29 Jun 16 11:01 PM

Cake for breakfast... def a holiday perk!

Those nachos look amazing :D

JenD1 29 Jun 16 11:03 PM

I'm almost tempted to get out of bed and see if I can find a bun in the kitchen. Bet I can't tho😞.

mick 30 Jun 16 09:30 AM

A nice selection of food there:spin:

Joan:wave:

Jake71 30 Jun 16 01:17 PM

Oh my! Your food report is making me so full of food envy! Loving catching up each day though.

disneytrio 30 Jun 16 01:24 PM

Loving to get to see your report each day.

app 30 Jun 16 02:03 PM

New Photo Added by missdopey - 30 Jun 16 2:03 PM.

Cinderella 2 Jul 16 08:46 PM

Lovely cupcakes!