theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Thomas Cook or Tui premium (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1086986)

ChoppyGirl 27 Jun 18 08:25 AM

Thomas Cook or Tui premium

I am full of questions today!

Which would you prefer for roughly the same price - Thomas Cook premium or Tui premium? Are there any major differences?

Thank you :wavey:

sophiepop 27 Jun 18 12:52 PM

We've done both of these in the PE cabin and I would 100% go Tui :wave:

stevetrunk 27 Jun 18 01:27 PM

If you like to shop the luggage allowance may be a factor I think its still only 23kg with TUI ( and when we went with them they were red hot on the way home with charging if you went over) but with Thomas cook its 32kg in premium that's why we don't go with tui, and we find Thomas cook is on a par with all the others these days and we have flown with virgin TUI and Thomas cook

jellie 27 Jun 18 10:24 PM

Hi, we’ve done both, if you’re not bothered about the luggage and don’t mind flying into Sanford, I’d choose Tui as their premium includes airport lounges and priority fast track through security. I’d say they’re on par with each other, so price is another factor.
Tracey

Rachie 28 Jun 18 08:35 AM

Tui all the way for me. Never had jetlag once on the Dreamliner!

ChoppyGirl 28 Jun 18 08:58 AM

Thank you all. I was itching to book but DDH has persuaded me to wait until all the flights are out at 11 months. The price to upgrade to premium doesn't seem much so may be willing to sacrifice our 1 night planned at Beach Club for the upgrade ;)

shrek1609 28 Jun 18 02:04 PM

Pros and cons to each

Love Dreamliner (tui) but would rather fly into MCO (Thomas cook).

Always fly in premium cabin and can’t beat Tui for service imho. Now if they flew into MCO it would be a no brainer.

Therefore I’d base my decision on flight times and price

Appleby 28 Jun 18 04:54 PM

We are going with Tui but we have got a hire car for the duration of our stay. I like the idea of the quieter airport myself but we shall see as we have always flown into MCO. It's a first for us being on a charter flight long haul.

ChoppyGirl 28 Jun 18 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appleby (Post 13334563)
We are going with Tui but we have got a hire car for the duration of our stay. I like the idea of the quieter airport myself but we shall see as we have always flown into MCO. It's a first for us being on a charter flight long haul.

I’m like you there. Apart from our first trip which was indirect we have always flown direct with Virgin from Manchester to MCO. This is a budget trip and we have the chance to go a week later due to dd’s college dates so am prepared to shop around.

Duh_Prez 28 Jun 18 10:22 PM

Having flown PE on both a few times I would always opt for TUI over TC. If indeed you manage to get PE.
The overall experience tips it in favour of TUI but the biggest thing is the number of flight changes made by TC that end up in there being no premium cabin.
I have been left in this situation by both TUI and TC previously. TUI separated us in I think 31 or 33” seats, which were not what we had paid for but were at least comfortable. TC however placed us in 28” seats which is a short haul configuration and amounted to the most uncomfortable journey I have ever endured.
We’re flying with Virgin this time around. Here’s hoping:thumbs-up:thumbs-up