theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Scottishnellies Redundancy Trip Jun18. Highs N Lows (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1088761)

scottishnellie 9 Jul 18 05:53 PM

Scottishnellies Redundancy Trip Jun18. Highs N Lows

So in the car on the way to the airport and while waiting at the gate to board the plane home we discussed this. Mainly as I am already planning next year in my head so may as well get their input while it's fresh!

Kevin's (dad) highs
RPR club level with FOLP
Teak
Rest Day at the villa
Canoeing down Rock river run
Anna Maria island

Helens (Mum)highs
Anna Maria island
Bongos at St Petes
Canoeing down Rock river run
RPR club level with FOLP
Shopping

Hannahs (age14) highs
Grand Plaza St Petes
Bongos at night St Petes
RPR club level & Citywalk at night
Shopping
Teak

Kierans (age10) highs
Teak
Fireworks over Hogwarts
Disney hotel exploring
RPR club level
Skyride at Busch

Kevin's (dad) lows
Seaworld
Busch
Hash house a go go
Weather (too much rain, not enough sunsets)
Helen buying soap to bring home (bloody cheek! I only got 10. I wanted double that !

Helens (Mum) lows
Busch
Seaworld
Hash house a go go
More Rain than last year
Mosquito bites at Busch

Hannahs (age14) lows
Spiders at Rock river run
Hash house a go go
Queues at Busch
Queues at Seaworld
Sharing hotel rooms

Kierans (age10) lows
Spiders at Rock River Run
Queues at Busch
Hash house a go go
I can only think of 3!

So in summary next year will have way more AMI / St Petes, no Seaworld or busch, more villa downtime, and I need a volunteer to watch my kids for a day so kevin and I can canoe the rock river run ourselves. Any takers?

Gryff 9 Jul 18 06:07 PM

All,in all looks as though you had a great time What is it about men and the handsoaps DH just shakes his head

Jake71 9 Jul 18 06:27 PM

I love the mixture of highs and lows amongst you all. Nothing too major in the lows with Kieran only managing 3. Looking forward to hearing what’s planned for next year, I can almost hear the whirring of your brain down here in Ayrshire 😂😂

Fuellady 9 Jul 18 06:46 PM

It's nice that you all agree on some of the same highs and lows. Next years holiday sounds great already with more beach time. Haha, I'm not volunteering, I have enough trouble with my own teens, never mind someone else's!

I'm going to miss your daily reports, I've looked forward to reading them every day after work. Your last one inspired me to do my own one live, which I did, and I think I'll do the same this year again.

Thanks for taking the time each day to post, and happy planning :)

mick 9 Jul 18 06:57 PM

Thank you very much Helen for taking time out of your holiday to do a live trippie:spin: I have really enjoyed reading along,

As you say a bit more relaxing next year :pgig:

Hope you enjoy your time at home :d:

Joan :wave:

sammykitten 9 Jul 18 06:59 PM

fabulous fabulous fabulous OP - yours is about the only "live" trip report I have to read every day (so that means you have to go back next year).

Mel49 9 Jul 18 07:51 PM

This was too short - I made a cuppa before sitting down to read and still 2/3 left. Seriously though it was a very interesting and different report and I've loved reading along. Thanks for sharing :grin:

closeder 9 Jul 18 08:06 PM

Great that you all seemed to agree on a few things there so makes it a bit easier to cut some things out and keep others, wishing you lots of fun planning the next one and all the best with the new work free chapter of your life!

floridafan101 9 Jul 18 08:11 PM

Welcome home Helen. 😁
I would love to do a live trip report I’m inspired by you! Maybe this time but I make no promises. Thanks for the updates from Anna Maria my favourite place. Your photos reminded me of everything I love about it.
Thanks for the RPR club level too much appreciated for our first time clubbing it. I’ve loved your reports, look forward to the next one!

Taffy1959 9 Jul 18 08:31 PM

Totally understand that you all chose RPR club level as a high, we love it there it’s one of my favourite hotels.
Good to see not many lows though.