theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   DisneyQuest at Disney Springs to Close 3rd July (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1003521)

SMAX 31 Jan 17 10:52 AM

DisneyQuest at Disney Springs to Close 3rd July

1 Attachment(s)
inline imageThe NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort is coming to Disney Springs. This basketball-themed experience will replace DisneyQuest in the West Side area.

The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort will be a one-of-a-kind basketball-themed experience featuring hands-on activities that put guests of all ages right in the middle of NBA game action. There will be immersive NBA video productions and numerous interactive experiences, as well as a restaurant and a retail store.

DisneyQuest will close on the 3rd July 2017 with no set opening date for the new attraction.

StarFishUK 31 Jan 17 10:57 AM

We used to love Disney Quest. But it has been so badly under-invested recently that is was getting embarrassing. We would often visit on our "fly-home" day as it is near Virgin check-in and is air-conditioned. But we would see the same machines with the same game-breaking faults year in, year out. It was a good idea, but it was poorly implemented and very poorly maintained. Sad to say but it is past time this attraction went.

ruddian 31 Jan 17 08:45 PM

Awww I think its sad. An end of an era. We were hoping it would be delayed past when we go. I know its a bit run down but my lot loved it.

:cry:

paul2020uk 1 Feb 17 11:22 AM

I've been going to Orlando for 10 years, and only did Disney Quest for the first time last year. Looks wonderful from the outside, but on going in. I couldn't believe how much it was lacking that Disney polish. I remember saying then, they're running this thing down to close it!

Guest 1 Feb 17 02:25 PM

Its sad to see it go but it really was quite odd and not like Disney inside. However an NBA thing seems even less appealing.

VickieMH 1 Feb 17 08:54 PM

I wish they would keep pirates of the Caribbean buccaneers gold. Omg... its such fun shooting at the boats and pirates to make them sink. Gutted

A&S&O 2 Feb 17 11:32 AM

There's a bit of conflicting information with regard to entry to AP holders. I know Ultimate ticket holders get free entry, but what about Platinum Plus AP holders?

lovewdw 2 Feb 17 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A&S&O (Post 12258779)
There's a bit of conflicting information with regard to entry to AP holders. I know Ultimate ticket holders get free entry, but what about Platinum Plus AP holders?

I might be wrong, but I think Disney Quest entry stopped being included with Ultimate Tickets last year.

A&S&O 2 Feb 17 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovewdw (Post 12259162)
I might be wrong, but I think Disney Quest entry stopped being included with Ultimate Tickets last year.

I think it is included, but they don't advertise it as included anymore because they thought it would be closed by now.

loves2plan 2 Feb 17 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovewdw (Post 12259162)

No, we went in April last year and people have been more recently. It's not written down any more, but the Ultimate tickets still give access :)