theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   United Airlines (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057234)

saneman69 6 Dec 17 01:13 PM

United Airlines

Does anyone have any experience of flying with them ? Do you have to pay to reserve seats on the plane ?
Thanks

Essie1000 6 Dec 17 01:38 PM

We flew to NY with them in Sept, seats were free to book. We were really impressed with them :)

saneman69 6 Dec 17 01:41 PM

Thank you

We plan to go to New York then down to Florida next Summer. Just costing it out and since I want to arrive in New York at lunchtime it looks like a good option. Not having to pay to reserve seats is a bonus.

Busby 6 Dec 17 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saneman69 (Post 12969168)
Thank you

We plan to go to New York then down to Florida next Summer. Just costing it out and since I want to arrive in New York at lunchtime it looks like a good option. Not having to pay to reserve seats is a bonus.

This is our route of choice. Done it 3 times with United and no problems so far, seats also free to reserve...:wavey:

Reereef 6 Dec 17 07:41 PM

We fly regularly with United and find them as good as any other airline. Polite staff for the most part, Food is better than average when you factor in the turkey sandwich and ice cream dessert. Drinks brought around regularly and seats fine. Touch wood (we are flying with them again in 2 weeks) but all eight flights with them this year have been on time or early!

Tweety1 6 Dec 17 09:12 PM

I did this route (staying for a few days in NY). I thought United were great and would def fly with them again :)

mrs togs 6 Dec 17 09:43 PM

Flew with United last year, free seat reservation, descent film selection, food a bit blah, crew came around loads with drinks

Guest 6 Dec 17 10:10 PM

We flew with them for first time in September out to NY. They were great and very helpful as we have special assistance. As others have said food is ok and plenty of refreshments. We were lucky that on the way out plane was half empty and way home they upgraded us to economy plus for free :). Flying out to Newark again with them and connecting to MCO for Christmas :)
XTracy

Disney Ash 6 Dec 17 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saneman69 (Post 12969168)
Thank you

If you are flying domestically then it will depend on what category you book in on wether or not you pay for seat reservations. If you book on basic economy you cannot reserve seats and you cannot take a full size hand luggage only a small item that has to go under the seat in front of you.