theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Panic, no esta and at Gatwick (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142549)

thatdavieguy 22 Aug 19 09:19 AM

Were Esta not able to give an indication of how long your new application will take to give a decision?

Lindaelaine 22 Aug 19 09:19 AM

Oh no , I’m wondering if it was some sort of glitch on the airlines system as your old Esta was obviously valid and now the airline making you reapply has cancelled the old one , worst case scenario but if it doesn’t come through on time hopefully the airline put you on a later flight seeing as their system made you reapply when you didn’t really need to .
I’m clutching at straws here for you .

wanye 22 Aug 19 09:20 AM

hope you get it sorted. i had a similar brown trousers moment 10 years ago after they introduced paid-for estas after the free period ended. turns out i'd transposed two digits from my passport.

for me, it was approved within seconds, but that 20 mins of panic upstairs on the computer terminals at gatwick were awful. hope you get it sorted!

Guest 22 Aug 19 09:33 AM

What a nightmare for you, OP.
Good luck with getting it sorted.

Rachie 22 Aug 19 09:33 AM

Fingers crossed for you...what a nightmare

Rachy 22 Aug 19 09:33 AM

Still pending. Just waiting to speak with Norwegian help desk about this x

landandword17 22 Aug 19 09:33 AM

🤞 it gets approved very soon.

I had Aer Lingus try to tell me that I had no ESTA. I had the printout and they eventually were able to check me in but it shows that the systems sometimes mess up.

How did you find it in the end? Or did they find it when you rang?

Just curious about preventing this for someone else. In my case having the print out worked because they knew it was on their end and were willing to put in the effort to solve it. Before I pulled out the print out they were not helpful and just sending me off to apply again.

Dream bigger 22 Aug 19 09:36 AM

Hoping for the best outcome.

What time does check in close?

thatdavieguy 22 Aug 19 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landandword17 (Post 14029406)
🤞 it gets approved very soon.

I had Aer Lingus try to tell me that I had no ESTA. I had the printout and they eventually were able to check me in but it shows that the systems sometimes mess up.

How did you find it in the end? Or did they find it when you rang?

Just curious about preventing this for someone else. In my case having the print out worked because they knew it was on their end and were willing to put in the effort to solve it. Before I pulled out the print out they were not helpful and just sending me off to apply again.

Unfortunately having a print out of your esta isn't actually proof that you have one, it's only a confirmation from when you applied as it can be withdrawn at anytime without notice...as mentioned in a post further up.

Norwegian will likely have to get permission from esta to allow the OP onto the plane if the application is still pending as it's not their decision to make...fingers crossed that they give every opportunity for the decision to come in and get the OP on the flight

Quensabob 22 Aug 19 09:39 AM

Fingers crossed for you, this is my biggest worry as last year I had an esta error message when checking in, it turned out I had put a number wrong on my passport in my api, it took minutes to sort but still petrifying!