theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Best breakfast diner (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137316)

tocpe321 17 Jul 19 09:40 PM

Best breakfast diner

We generally opt for Dennys, but I thought I'd ask Dibbers to vote in the style of Mickey House threads.

What's your favourite breakfast diner and why.

mick 17 Jul 19 09:47 PM

TC

I must abstain or be reprimanded for a spoilt ballot paper. ;)

In a typical week. Bob Evans, Cracker Barrell, IHOP, Golden Corral (yes I'm big enough for the abuse :grin: ), Denny's, one on the villa pool deck and a random First Watch or Perkins.

Not much use am I?

Mick

Labboy 17 Jul 19 09:50 PM

Denny’s or Perkins for us

tocpe321 17 Jul 19 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 13960964)
TC

I must abstain or be reprimanded for a spoilt ballot paper. ;)

In a typical week. Bob Evans, Cracker Barrell, IHOP, Golden Corral (yes I'm big enough for the abuse :grin: ), Denny's, one on the villa pool deck and a random First Watch or Perkins.

Not much use am I?

Mick

Mick

It does help to know you are so supportive of so many businesses.

:pgig:

I now think I may not have put enough options in. It just demonstrates I am an amateur in the domain of Mickey House.

TC

mick 17 Jul 19 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tocpe321 (Post 13960983)
Mick

It does help to know you are so supportive of so many businesses.

:pgig:

I now think I may not have put enough options in. It just demonstrates I am an amateur in the domain of Mickey House.

TC

TC

Do you mean you own more than one pair of underpants but have never been attacked by a wild boar. :grin:

Your countdown is looking very nice. Will you be anywhere near Fort Myers? I can recommend the Edison Ford Winter Estate in FM downtown if you're interested in American industrial history.

Sorry for the deviation folks - not like me at all :grin:

Mick

Sandraoh40 17 Jul 19 10:03 PM

I voted for Cracker Barrel because they will do me french toast just plain without all the awful cinnamon and sugar on it. It’s really hard to get anywhere that will cook it like that. When I ask they always say the batter is made up but I can’t ever really understand why they can’t just dip the bread in the scrambled egg mix, if they don’t use fresh eggs :grin:
But I have to say we love ihop as well, especially the chocolate pancakes !

greekgranny 17 Jul 19 10:04 PM

Of your list, definitely Waffle House. It really is freshly cooked and mostly griddled rather than fried. Egg, bacon and cheese sarnies are the best anywhere:)

CarsonMac 17 Jul 19 10:07 PM

Cracker barrel for eggs in a basket,! 👍

tocpe321 17 Jul 19 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 13961002)
TC

Do you mean you own more than one pair of underpants but have never been attacked by a wild boar. :grin:

Your countdown is looking very nice. Will you be anywhere near Fort Myers? I can recommend the Edison Ford Winter Estate in FM downtown if you're interested in American industrial history.

Sorry for the deviation folks - not like me at all :grin:

Mick

:pgig::pgig:

Yes it's been a while, but we're nearly there.

Thanks for the tip, Mick. It sounds interesting. Fort Myers is showing as about an hour and a quarter south of us, so we may head that way. We definitely want to see Sarasota which is about an hour north.

TC

:)

mickey house 17 Jul 19 10:23 PM

We used to love a dennys, but they have gone downhill over the past few trips. Our favourite was the one on the 192 near the US27, but more miss than hit most of the time.

A grand slam was about $5.99 dollars a few years ago, and now it has increased by 50% to $8.99 which taking into account a tip and tax it's near £10 which would be okay if it was good most of the time.

My advice is to buy the value breakfast with pancakes, eggs, bacon or sausage for half the price at $4.50. The only thing missing is hash brown which isn't worth a fiver more.