theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Disney split stay - do you like doing this or is it more hassle than it's worth? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=747568)

Hannah 4 Oct 13 06:35 PM

Disney split stay - do you like doing this or is it more hassle than it's worth?

So we are considering whether to do a split Disney stay, either AoA/AKV (DVC) or AKV/OKW (both DVC). I can't decide whether it's a good idea or not, or whether to just stay in one place (which would either be AKV or OKW). A part of me thinks that it would be nice to change half way through, but then another part thinks perhaps it will be a lot of hassle. We would be doing parks in the mornings and coming back to relax by the pool in the afternoon (will have 4/5 year old when we go).

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

fozzy55 4 Oct 13 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah (Post 9031529)
So we are considering whether to do a split Disney stay, either AoA/AKV (DVC) or AKV/OKW (both DVC). I can't decide whether it's a good idea or not, or whether to just stay in one place (which would either be AKV or OKW). A part of me thinks that it would be nice to change half way through, but then another part thinks perhaps it will be a lot of hassle. We would be doing parks in the mornings and coming back to relax by the pool in the afternoon (will have 4/5 year old when we go).

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

We did a split stay so to speak last year, two weeks on site at csr and then third week in a private villa, we loved it as it was nice to have the change ;)

BevS97 4 Oct 13 06:40 PM

We like to do a split stay. The last few trips we've combined a week with free dining, with time at DVC. So we get the best of both worlds. Since we have to pay for our tickets anyway, it means we can stretch our DVC points as the free dining really helps to subsidise the cost of the room.

Even without free dining, we will try at least 2 resorts. I love the different experiences and it makes the holiday feel longer when we try a new place.

Guest 4 Oct 13 11:13 PM

i fancy AoA and OKW next time

parkgirl 4 Oct 13 11:18 PM

Personally I would not want the hassle of changing, but plenty people do. I can see the attraction especially as it may mean you can stretch the budget, but just not for me. I like to unpack once get myself (and everyone else) sorted and not not think about it for another 12 days. If I was moving area ie a week at the coast and a week in orlando I could understand it but not for just a different hotel in the same locality!

Shifu 5 Oct 13 10:04 AM

We couldnt financially stretch to staying at the Poly with a lagoon view for the whole of our stay, so we are doing half at an MK resort, The Polynesian and half at an Epcot resort, the Dolphin.

I'm hoping the change in location will give us a feeling of two holidays as they are both very different. With a lagoon view/Dole Whips/ beaches and MK fireworks/the monorail/friendship boats/a short ride back 'home' after MNSSHP at the Poly compared with being able to walk/boat to HS/Epcot (with the Food and Wine festival on at the time)/short ride 'home' after Fantasmic!/ Fantasia golf and Boardwalk over the way from the Dolphin with a lake view I'm hoping we get the best of both worlds as it were.

A first time at trying split stay for us... usually we stay put at AKL, but last time I got tired of the post fireworks travel and post Downtown Disney (night) journey back to AKL. Ok for just adults but the bus journey was an inconvenience with kids late at night so will avoid that this time.

Hannikins 5 Oct 13 11:06 AM

Personally I wouldn't swap between two Disney resorts, I can't see the point. I would recommend swapping between on site and offsite though :)

Guest 5 Oct 13 11:49 AM

We like split stays, the Disney resorts are all so different it can be like a completely different holiday when you move between them. Apart from having to pack up your things moving really isn't any hassle, Disney will even move your luggage for you.

mossyflossy 5 Oct 13 11:54 AM

We like to stay in one resort at Disney, but split stay offsite and onsite, it makes the holiday feel much much longer and changes it up so that each time we go it is fresh and different. Disney/Disney split stays don't work either for free dining. However, I can completely see why DVC owners like to Disney/Disney split stay...if I owned DVC I would definitely do that too.

KarenG 5 Oct 13 04:15 PM

We love split stays, and would usually move to at least two or three different hotels. Many people don't like the hassle though!