theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   FastPass 60+10 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1157842)

OrlandoNick 15 Jan 20 07:46 PM

FastPass 60+10

Hello Fellow Dibbers,
We haven’t visited Disney since Avatar opened up and I’m trying to get my head around getting a FastPass for FOP. We’re staying at the Yacht Club for 14 days so will have the advantage of booking our FPs 60+10 days out. I’m assuming that it is more likely for me to get the FOP FP if I schedule an Animal Kingdom day for the 10th day of our stay. Is that correct? Thank you.

disney332 15 Jan 20 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrlandoNick (Post 14243075)
Hello Fellow Dibbers,
We haven’t visited Disney since Avatar opened up and I’m trying to get my head around getting a FastPass for FOP. We’re staying at the Yacht Club for 14 days so will have the advantage of booking our FPs 60+10 days out. I’m assuming that it is more likely for me to get the FOP FP if I schedule an Animal Kingdom day for the 10th day of our stay. Is that correct? Thank you.

Spot on

Book that day first when your booking opens

Disney332

OrlandoNick 15 Jan 20 07:54 PM

Thank you disney332 for confirming. I found the FastPass system easy to navigate in the past but these new rides have thrown me and I started to doubt myself.

disneypars 15 Jan 20 07:57 PM

The fast pass should I believe for length of stay as opposed to ADR which is 180 + 10.

sha9 15 Jan 20 08:00 PM

Fast pass is for length of stay so you’ll be able to book the whole trip at 60 days out. You’ll probably get FoP from about day 3 on but better choice of times the later in the holiday.

AliceCooper9 15 Jan 20 08:00 PM

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fas...ailability.php

If you use this you can see how busy FOP is for the first part of your trip.

So today if you were at 60 days to get FOP and to have a full day choice of times, you would put AK and FOP 6 days into your holiday. At 10 days you will definitely get it a good choice of times.

So closer to your FP day use this to help you guess.

disney332 15 Jan 20 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneypars (Post 14243105)
The fast pass should I believe for length of stay as opposed to ADR which is 180 + 10.

Yes of course...

Disney332

Guest 15 Jan 20 08:04 PM

Quote:

Hello Fellow Dibbers,

You will be able to book FPs for all 14 days when your booking window opens. Presumably you would want to go to AK more than once? You probably would not get FOP for the first two or three days, but you really don't need to wait until day ten.

I usually plan MK and Epcot on the first two days, probably AK on the third day (and I would have some hope to get FOP by then) and then HS on the fourth day as I think Slinky Dog is a little harder to get than FoP (if you are interested in that one).

Edit: Sorry for repeating everybody, I had started writing and got distracted.

OrlandoNick 15 Jan 20 10:07 PM

Thank you all for your advice, it’s really useful. :grin:

Nimbus 16 Jan 20 01:39 PM

Quote:

Hello Fellow Dibbers,

You can book FPs for the entire length of your stay (up to 14 days) at 60 days before your check-in date.

Or, to put it another way, it's 60+14 days out. Not 60+10 days out.

You are more likely to get FOP FPs if you schedule an AK day for your 14th day of your stay - although FOP FPs should be available for any days after the 4th or 5th day of your stay. It's only the first 3 or 4 days or so (i.e. up to 64 days away) where FOP FPs are difficult to get.