theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Newport Bay for Christmastime (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1193737)

MrsBC 28 Apr 21 08:12 PM

Newport Bay for Christmastime

After our cancelled pre Christmas trip to stay at Cheyenne last year, and getting refunded, DD and I decided to bite the bullet and rebook for 3 nights/4 days at the end of November this year.
When I priced DLP hotels the Newport Bay was coming in at cheaper than Sequoia Lodge, and only a few ££ more than we'd paid for Cheyenne last year so naturally we jumped at it as we've never stayed there and it's so like the Y&BC - it had the same architect.

Unfortunately as everyone knows there's no offer or Dining Plan included this year, but we feel it's still a good price - so we've booked a 2 x double bed room Nov 28th - Dec 1st.

We've been going to DLP for 'girl's trips' for almost 25 years on and off - since the 5th anniversary year - but there are usually more than just us two; we haven’t been since 2016 but we've previously stayed at Cheyenne the last 5 trips, Santa Fe once and SL several times.

We have flights booked from Newcastle with Air France - great times 6.10am out and 9pm return, so we'll be checking in to NPB around 10.15 - 30am giving us a lot of first day time, as well as being there until teatime on check out day.

The plan after checking in is to go to Earl of Sandwich for an early lunch as we hit the Village, then Disneyland Parc and it will be a fairly early night on day 1 I expect, as we'll have been up since silly o'clock.

No plans yet for the other 3 days - and we are expecting restrictions, and reductions in experiences but we'll just be glad to go. The only thing that will stop us would be if hotel quarantine is required and if so we'll rearrange it again!
It's all got to happen sometime right? :)

SEPTEMBER
Our balance is due to be paid this month and Air France have emailed to say our flights are cancelled!
Without asking, they 'kindly' booked us onto an outbound flight the day before, and an inbound flight the day after we return! After some shuffling plans and lots of huffing by me we're now going 5 hours later than planned and returning the morning after we should - I've booked the C de G Ibis hotel to spend the night before flying home, as an extra night at Newport Bay was silly money - only £200 less than we originally paid for 3 nights!
... and breathe! :d:

We still need to book transfers as we just don’t like the Disney bus calling at every hotel, and then we'll choose a few restaurants to book at the end of the month on the App, for dinners as we’ll need 4.
Fingers crossed for no more ‘surprises’!

Well - another email from Air France - we're now getting flown there by HOP airline! Let's hope we get there at all, especially as we've just paid the DLP balance.
I've also booked a few restaurants - Cape Cod, Billy Bob's, Plaza Gardens, Agrabah etc as there weren't many available, but we may tweak some if it changes.

OCTOBER
Just seen that the restaurants will be buffets again for our trip - and that the parades and Xmas Tree lighting will be on!
We've also realised that there are a couple of new / reimagined things too (to us).
I'm getting my head around the Covid travel documents etc which we'll sort a couple of weeks before we go, but I've downloaded the French App ready.
Transfers are now booked with Prestige (again) e120 for the return trip. I know there are cheaper ways to do it, but being met at the airport and taken directly to the hotel is lovely and it's reassuring to know that they will be waiting outside the hotel for the return trip - this time it will be to the Ibis at CdeG rather than the terminal.

We've booked Cape Cod for an early dinner that evening, so we'll be able to get our bags and leave for the airport after that and get settled for the night.

NOVEMBER
I've ordered our 'day 2' tests from Randox, and downloaded the App (so many flipping Apps! ) and made a list of what else we need to upload / download / print / fill in before we go - my head is aching :spin:
We need to buy some more euros this week as they seem to be on a downward trend, but we'll use my Clarity card for main meals and any bigger buys.
Eek - 3.5 weeks to go!

2 weeks to go - woke up to news that over 65s must have had their covid booster for trips after December 15th - I'm over 65 so I'm very pleased we go before, as my booster isn't due till the new year (we were on a covid drug trial so are running late!)
Last night I was on the DLP App and noticed that a reservation for the Manhattan restaurant had appeared so I immediately booked it and cancelled Billy Bob's. We already planned to look around the Marvel hotel and have a cocktail, but now we can spend the evening there. :)

Just been checking the ride closures etc for when were there. The Castle and Dragon open on our last day, and IASW closes after our first day, so we need to make sure we do them on the days that we can.

Goldia 1 May 21 09:38 AM

This sounds like a fun trip for Christmastime, just the two of you will be great. The Newport looks like a lovely hotel. I've done two trips to DLP with my DD we stayed at Cheyenne and then last summer at Santa Fe. I'm hopeful we can tick off all the DLP hotels over the next few years ... it's good to dream right ;)

MrsBC 1 May 21 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldia (Post 14942788)
This sounds like a fun trip for Christmastime, just the two of you will be great. The Newport looks like a lovely hotel. I've done two trips to DLP with my DD we stayed at Cheyenne and then last summer at Santa Fe. I'm hopeful we can tick off all the DLP hotels over the next few years ... it's good to dream right ;)

and to plan! :d: We like Cheyenne even better than SL but couldn't believe the price for NPB this time.

enjibenji 1 May 21 01:35 PM

We are booked to go 2nd december. This is the fifth time it has been moved now. 🙏 that it all goes ahead and looking forward to it being Christmassy 😊

MrsBC 2 May 21 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjibenji (Post 14943073)
We are booked to go 2nd december. This is the fifth time it has been moved now. 🙏 that it all goes ahead and looking forward to it being Christmassy 😊

It's our favourite time to go :)
Keeping fingers crossed that the Christmas parade is back by then.

MrsBC 11 Sep 21 06:05 PM

Now updated - thanks Air France! :erm:

MrsBC 19 Oct 21 10:12 AM

Yay - parades will be on! :d:

Guest 20 Oct 21 03:05 PM

Thank you! We are staying at Newport in May for four nights with our DS, DIL and GD. Super excited as she is Princess mad! We have plans for the Yacht Club for 2023 so hopefully this is a taster but not expecting too much!

Also flying from Newcastle on that 11.25 flight, back on the 9 pm flight to give us best part of the last day in the park.

Hope AF don’t change our flights!

MrsBC 21 Oct 21 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen (Post 15181809)
Thank you! We are staying at Newport in May for four nights with our DS, DIL and GD. Super excited as she is Princess mad! We have plans for the Yacht Club for 2023 so hopefully this is a taster but not expecting too much!

Also flying from Newcastle on that 11.25 flight, back on the 9 pm flight to give us best part of the last day in the park.

Hope AF don’t change our flights!

When do you go? Fingers crossed. When they cancelled the evening flight they gave us the option of flying at 10am on the morning (and missing the whole last day) or the next morning so we chose to pay the £79 for the Ibis and wake up at the airport ready. I really can't wait now :spin:

Guest 21 Oct 21 01:29 PM

We fly May 30 th and back on June 3 rd so I suppose we have a day to play with either way thankfully.