theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   DxDP Takes Revenge [a Fall 2018 Report] - COMPLETE (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1104301)

Fuellady 19 Oct 18 06:42 PM

The breakfast offerings at at The Wave look fantastic, very fresh.

4 portions of fries lol! Oh dear, why didn't everyone just wait for you to split the food. After all, you are the chief planner and nothing should be eaten without your say so. I do hope your companions learn the rules soon :d: Seriously though, its a shame it ended up being so stressful for you and that no-one really enjoyed the food.

Minnie Mum 19 Oct 18 06:55 PM

Oh poor you. Mountain of fries and no one eating!
Wave looks great- May consider that for a breakfast.

Love the idea of eating a meal in each of the deluxe resorts on the monorail.

Lizzim 19 Oct 18 07:22 PM

I’m sorry you had a bad experience at AoA but can I say I’m glad someone else had a family tiff on their trip?!

Look for that coming in my trip report ;)

sha9 19 Oct 18 07:41 PM

I sooo want to have breakfast at The Wave now! :cry: I feel like we’ve been trying for 3 years so it’s definitely on the list next year. Maybe on a “rest” day.

I like Mama Melrose but Marie said it was just ok. Probably cos she got a boring plate of pasta in a tomato sauce and I got the steak. We were also served the trio of desserts as it was the Fantasmic! package and they weren’t great. Sounds like dessert is not something they do well.

Your evening at Landscape of Flavours sounds like something that would happen to us! Marie also doesn’t share food but more for Joey reasons. :d:

Cinderella 20 Oct 18 05:39 PM

Great reviews👍

IBEX23 20 Oct 18 07:55 PM

Love following along! I have the DxDDP next year and I can’t wait for the breakfast at the Wave now!

Hoping you are doing lots of signatures :)

Rescuer 20 Oct 18 10:20 PM

Only just spotted that you have started your food report.
Your meal at Glasgow the night before you flew looked good.
The Wave breakfast looks fab, I heard those sweet potato pancakes were amazing. In my head I’m now wondering if I can fit this in to our trip anywhere...
Mama Melrose, imagine having to persuade the other 2 to have a starter. 😂 shame your flat bread was not great. Your mums pasta looks nice, my Dh agrees with you that the steak there is great and that will be his Christmas dinner this year. I was going to have the tiramisu but I might rethink that.
What a shame that your visit to landscapes of flavours did not go well. That’s one of my favourite food courts and the create your own pasta there is always really good.

Thanks for taking the time to post. It’s really helpful. x

theCMG 21 Oct 18 07:53 AM

great start, I'm not sure we'd like Chicken Guy. Do love a chicken tender but not a Guy Fieri fan. Mama Melrose always starts on our list then gets cut (along with Biergarten) but the photos always look so good so it makes no sense that we drop it! Looking forward to more :)