theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   The Grove Resort. Too far out? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1179060)

gjdjud 24 Aug 20 05:54 PM

The Grove Resort. Too far out?

I posted a thread awhile ago about 2 bedroom places as although we are massive onsite fans DW and I are getting more and more worried about being in a Disney room with two teenage girls for 2 weeks:grin: They start an arguement with each other at the drop of a hat:erm:

We really like the look of The Grove Resort and Waterpark and is our favourite of the ones we've looked at however it looks a bit out of the way. Is it as off the beaten track as it appears? I will be driving and not too worried about distance from Universal as we'd do a seperate stay there.

nadya 24 Aug 20 05:57 PM

It's not too bad at all from disney,maybe 15 mins from animal Kingdom, absolutely loved it there,stayed twice and planning to stay again in December if possible,if not then next year!

Deano 24 Aug 20 05:59 PM

When we stayed at Coronado Springs last year we drove out to see where the Grove Resort was and it was about 15 mins from CSR so not too far at all.

gjdjud 24 Aug 20 06:06 PM

Thank you:) It does look lovely. Still hoping for onsite Disney but not without free dining and a change in attitude from the two girls;)

DonnaD 24 Aug 20 08:09 PM

It isn't far at all just off the main drag of west 192. As long as you don't want to be able to walk anywhere it is fine. You can get to Disney via Western Way so don't even need to get on 192 if it is a busy traffic time.

jojo_3596 25 Aug 20 08:24 PM

If you are thinking of staying here- miss_mouse on here did a vlog if the place following their last trip. It’s really informative. I’ve recommended her before to you I think! 😂life with Lisa is the name of the channel👍

gjdjud 25 Aug 20 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 (Post 14625349)
If you are thinking of staying here- miss_mouse on here did a vlog if the place following their last trip. It’s really informative. I’ve recommended her before to you I think! 😂life with Lisa is the name of the channel👍

Thank you:)

Steve Florida 27 Aug 20 12:07 PM

We've stayed at Grove Resort and not too far out at all. It's about a 15 min drive to AK and you don't need to touch the 192 as come out of the resort and take a left away from 192. We loved it and would definitely go back.

gjdjud 27 Aug 20 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazzareo (Post 14627060)
We've stayed at Grove Resort and not too far out at all. It's about a 15 min drive to AK and you don't need to touch the 192 as come out of the resort and take a left away from 192. We loved it and would definitely go back.

Thank you. Google maps make it looks far out. We are definitely considering here.:)

NewtoOrlando 29 Aug 20 11:02 AM

It's not far out at all, we have had 3 x stays in Davenport, and drive past The Grove on a back route to Disney, is about 15 mins from Animal Kingdom. We have 2 teens (boy and a girl) and we manage 5 nights on site and thats enough for us, especially as the older they've got the lazier and messier they have become so always move on to somewhere with bigger bedrooms. We've also stayed in Bahama Bay, which we loved, the Condos are HUGE and the pools are lovely.