theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Manchester Check In advice (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1229610)

HuddsBassBone 5 Jul 22 07:04 PM

Manchester Check In advice

Hi all, seeing all the queues at the airports is making me feel a bit jittery. We are flying on VS75 at 11.10am - what time will the check-in desks open and what time would everyone recommend getting to the airport, just to be sure of getting through?

TIA

Donz1979 5 Jul 22 07:23 PM

Following as think we are same flight

a11mark 5 Jul 22 08:38 PM

Check in starts four hours from your flight departure time.

TheDisneyCouple 5 Jul 22 08:49 PM

We have this flight on the 24th. I guess we'll turn up at 7.10am?

Maddysnan 5 Jul 22 10:02 PM

4 hours before. Having travelled out of Manchester twice in the last 2 months, I can confirm that the queues for EVERYTHING airside are brutal! If you can, book an airport lounge!

Disney_Jess 5 Jul 22 10:30 PM

Honestly, Manchester is a nightmare at the moment - made worse by everyone arriving early, but because they do, you need to get there early too! My brother flew out yesterday, and arrived 3 hours before his flight to Paris - he made it to the gate with 58 seconds to spare, and 7 people didn’t make it on the flight at all.

Food and drink places are also awful - we queued 70 minutes to get drinks last month. Definitely look at booking a lounge!

Katenbeth 5 Jul 22 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddysnan (Post 15525009)
4 hours before. Having travelled out of Manchester twice in the last 2 months, I can confirm that the queues for EVERYTHING airside are brutal! If you can, book an airport lounge!

It’s the luck of the draw TBF. My daughter travelled on VS75, 9 days ago (Sunday). From me dropping her at departures, to clearing security, took a grand total of 18 minutes.

They had priority bag drop (PE), and a fast track for security (not required).
They had also finished off a full English and a couple of drinks by 08:30.

Katenbeth 5 Jul 22 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuddsBassBone (Post 15524510)
Hi all, seeing all the queues at the airports is making me feel a bit jittery. We are flying on VS75 at 11.10am - what time will the check-in desks open and what time would everyone recommend getting to the airport, just to be sure of getting through?

TIA

I would personally get there 4 hours before. After all, it is better looking at it than for it.

Plenty of bars, shops & food places to pass the time.

MENTALMUM 6 Jul 22 04:57 AM

We are here now, 30 minutes from check in and through security, we had fast track and the normal queue looked huge, however we watched a couple from the normal queue throughout security and they got through just after us. Although the queue looks long they seem to be managing it ok.

irvin38a 6 Jul 22 06:35 AM

Same flight on 30th. Getting there for 7am.

Got lounge booked.