theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Brightline reach agreement for train station Disney Springs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1184037)

YorkshireT 24 Nov 20 08:23 AM

Brightline reach agreement for train station Disney Springs

The train from Orlando will have a station at Disney Springs. You’ll also be able to get on there and go to Maimi, Port Miami for cruises, Tampa and some other areas. If plans come to fruition.

Meant to be developed really quickly.

Guest 24 Nov 20 08:28 AM

That would be a very useful development. Thanks for posting.

Thinking of the area though, any idea where the line would run / station would be? Not a lot of space for that I would have thought.

Presumably will also have to improve connections between D's and the parks to get the passengers there quickly - esp if day trippers from cruises.

Mr Tom Morrow 24 Nov 20 08:39 AM

If this all pans out it will be a great route to make connections.

It does amaze me how good the quality of their trains are but how poor the tracks on which they run are. Meandering here there and everywhere.:erm:

Guest 24 Nov 20 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14730110)
If this all pans out it will be a great route to make connections.

It does amaze me how good the quality of their trains are but how poor the tracks on which they run are. Meandering here there and everywhere.:erm:

Is it because of the hunt for stable ground, or development rules do you think. It doesn't make economic sense otherwise if not going from point to point.

Mr Tom Morrow 24 Nov 20 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales (Post 14730118)
Is it because of the hunt for stable ground, or development rules do you think. It doesn't make economic sense otherwise if not going from point to point.

I honestly don't know. Probably Donna will have the answer.

I keep seeing reports of incidents on the line with SunRail and they show the track and in places it looks like it was laid by a person who didn't have a theodolite! However they are using existing track not new.

I know the cross country lines are all over the place as when they built them in the 1800's they got paid per mile so never took a direct route - money before speed!

YorkshireT 24 Nov 20 09:20 AM

This is supposedly going to be high speed Tom.

It will certainly be easy to jump on the train and get off at SSR.

Also if staying at SSR, a quick day trip over to one of the coasts.

wdw-wanderer 24 Nov 20 09:21 AM

I hope the carriages will have plenty of luggage space!

Mr Tom Morrow 24 Nov 20 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14730151)
This is supposedly going to be high speed Tom.

It will certainly be easy to jump on the train and get off at SSR.

Also if staying at SSR, a quick day trip over to one of the coasts.

Very tempting idea. I love going on the train. Business trips to London on GWR were the highlight of my week. No stresses and no parking issues. Awesome.

YorkshireT 24 Nov 20 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14730154)
Very tempting idea. I love going on the train. Business trips to London on GWR were the highlight of my week. No stresses and no parking issues. Awesome.

Another thing also adding to the attractiveness of SSR I hope. All it needs then is Skyliner putting in.

Dendycat 24 Nov 20 10:58 AM

With a train direct from
Mco to Disney, will they need the magical express?