theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Summer fragrance recommendations please (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142933)

Ellelledee 25 Aug 19 09:49 AM

Summer fragrance recommendations please

I love duty free at the airport and that’s a big part of the fun for me picking a perfume.
Last year I got a fragrance Dolce and Gabbana light blue Italian zest but it was limited edition and it’s not available now (well not anywhere that I have seen).
I’d LOVE that to take with me as my daily fragrance (and take a heavier one for nights if we do any nights out).
So I’m wondering if anyone can recommend anything similar.
They have brought a new one out and I think it’s called “light blue sun” and it’s described as zesty so if they have that at the airport I’ll possibly get that.
But just wondering
A) anyone smelt this and know if it is zesty and fresh/smells anything like the Italian zest

B) anyone can recommend anything fresh like that with a nice zesty fragrance (not DKNY I find those apple ones really overpowering).

emmabanana 25 Aug 19 09:54 AM

Is this the one you were looking for?
https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/do...y-1001217.html

Ellelledee 25 Aug 19 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmabanana (Post 14035153)
Is this the one you were looking for?
https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/do...y-1001217.html

Yes that’s the one but I want to buy at airport so wondering if it’s still available.
You can’t get it in Boots and Debenhams anymore only on these fragrance sites and often quite a lot more expensive than in the shops.
Just wondering if anyone has seen this or the sun one in duty free.

ClaireNJ 25 Aug 19 10:30 AM

Think you can search Duty free for your airport ;)

sky13 25 Aug 19 10:33 AM

I'm not really a huge perfume/fragrance person, but one of the few ones I really like is the L'Occitane Verbena and Citrus Verbena fragrances... very light and summery in my opinion!

Since you're heading back to the magic - go have a look at the Laila and Frozen perfumes at Epcot Norway too! They were quite nice and well, there's the unique factor... Not duty free though!

EssexSue 25 Aug 19 12:16 PM

I like Light Blue and Ted Baker Rose for summer days.

Ellelledee 25 Aug 19 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ (Post 14035216)
Think you can search Duty free for your airport ;)

Can I? I’ve searched shops in the terminal before but dint know how to find what they actually stock 🤔

Thanks for the replies.

I absolutely LOVE perfume and it’s my special tradition to treat myself at the airport. Over the years I’ve bought stuff I’ve not liked so I’m trying to do some forward planning 😂😂

Ellelledee 25 Aug 19 12:54 PM

So thankyou ClaireNJ I’ve just searched my airport duty free. So CLICK AND COLLECT only - does that mean the perfume is only available to CLICK AND COLLECT or is it just the price?
Thing is they gave the light blue sun but I’ve not smelt it yet - wanted to smell it before I purchased so couldn’t click and collect.

ClaireNJ 25 Aug 19 01:53 PM

Was going to say go to your nearest Debenhams or Perfume shop to smell it like I do, but if they don’t stock it then that’s no good :cry:
Or maybe don’t do Click & Collect & take a chance they’ve got it in when you go so you can have a spray before you buy :wavey:
Good luck X
Whoops just read can only do Click & Collect :cry:
I’d just take a chance & buy it then, you’re on holiday after all :wavey:

Also it does sound like the one you want might be discontinued, :cry:maybe drop them an email D&G, I did this with Stella McCartney when I could no longer find my fav & they did confirm that it was no longer available :cry:

Ellelledee 25 Aug 19 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ (Post 14035520)
Was going to say go to your nearest Debenhams or Perfume shop to smell it like I do, but if they don’t stock it then that’s no good :cry:
Or maybe don’t do Click & Collect & take a chance they’ve got it in when you go so you can have a spray before you buy :wavey:
Good luck X
Whoops just read can only do Click & Collect :cry:
I’d just take a chance & buy it then, you’re on holiday after all :wavey:

Also it does sound like the one you want might be discontinued, :cry:maybe drop them an email D&G, I did this with Stella McCartney when I could no longer find my fav & they did confirm that it was no longer available :cry:

So does CLICK AND COLLECT mean you can actually only get it by CLICK AND COLLECT or is the just that you can only get the offer price click and collect? I’ve not seen it in Boots or Debenhams. For some reason our Debenhams has stopped stocking D&G.

I’m going to just wait and see and have a sniff at the airport. If push comes to shove I’ll just buy the original Light blue cos that’s nice and fresh or my favourite perfume.