theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Inventions - Character Dining (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1013909)

SnS 28 Mar 17 05:26 PM

Inventions - Character Dining

Has it always been the case that characters are ONLY at the lunch sessions for Inventions (and brunch on Sunday)?

Guest 28 Mar 17 06:35 PM

I'm pretty sure that they are there for dinner as well. At least they usually are, have you seen something saying different .

sammykitten 28 Mar 17 06:49 PM

they are always there for dinner service (ie from 6pm until evening close) but they haven't always been there for lunch.

SnS 28 Mar 17 07:13 PM

After much searching I found my notes from a Disney customer service person telling me that characters were there for lunch and dinner and the old Inventions menu also states "character dinner".

However, in the new brochure, the dining plan has the times that ADC and Inventions are available for character dining. I just called Disney about an hour ago and she confirmed that characters will ONLY be there for lunch and brunch and no longer at dinner but Inventions will still be open for dinner!

I'm glad I found out now rather than booking dinner and expecting characters to only end up with a buffet (as I *hate* buffets but that was a compromise). My kids would have been pretty upset too.

Guest 28 Mar 17 07:20 PM

Oh no!

This was not made clear to me when I booked I was even talking about the characters being there with the person who took my booking :mad2:

It stills says that the characters are there on the website, I will be making a complaint if they have gone, really not happy!

Gill H 28 Mar 17 07:22 PM

Seriously? I suspect that is incorrect. I haven't seen that change mentioned on any fan sites or forums.

sammykitten 28 Mar 17 07:25 PM

i'm glad you checked too - as I was planning on an Inventions character dinner in July!

eta - SnS is correct, the new DLP brochure only mentions character lunch, Monday to Saturday, at Inventions, it makes no mention at all of any character dinner opportunity anywhere, except for Buffalo Bills Wild West show.

ParisinMarch 28 Mar 17 07:35 PM

Whaaaat?! This seems like such a bad decision. The food at Inventions is good but surely it's the characters that most are there for? Otherwise you may as well be at Plaza Gardens for half the price!

sammykitten 28 Mar 17 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParisinMarch (Post 12395430)
Whaaaat?! This seems like such a bad decision. The food at Inventions is good but surely it's the characters that most are there for? Otherwise you may as well be at Plaza Gardens for half the price!

i agree - I just can't see the majority of people paying premium price for a buffet without characters.

I was going to add to our plus vouchers for a character dinner there on our first night, but looks like I won't be doing that, and the only other character dining experience we'd be interested in is Plaza gardens breakfast. But thats pretty expensive for what it is too, and I can't use any dining vouchers for that. Its all a bit meh now isn't it?

Gill H 28 Mar 17 07:47 PM

That is a dreadful decision! The food at Inventions is superb but not worth the price they are charging if there are no characters. And with Cafe Mickey closing that would mean no character meals in the evening at all. I really can't believe that is the case.