theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Mobile Ordering Coming to Quick Service Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129760)

Stu 22 May 19 11:23 AM

Mobile Ordering Coming to Quick Service Restaurants

Disney has announced that Over the coming months they will be expanding the popular mobile order food service to additional restaurants at Disney Resort hotels.

The additional Disney Resort hotels include, Everything POP Shopping & Dining at Disney's Pop Century Resort, The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contempo Cafe at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

These restaurants will join our existing mobile order lineup of Centertown Market and Spyglass Grill at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and over 20 other quick-service locations throughout the four theme parks and Disney Springs area.

With the service, you can order ahead from wherever you happen to be, skip the order line and head directly to the pick-up counter where Cast Members deliver your food - helping you save time to enjoy all there is to see and do at Walt Disney World Resort.

Don't forget, if you have a Disney dining plan you can now redeem your meals and snacks through the service. Disney also recently introduced a new enhanced look that makes the ordering experience easier than ever.

©Disney

YorkshireT 22 May 19 12:03 PM

Good news this is excellent- a big time saver- or at least it was last summer for early adopters. As more use it and now DDP on it, it may slow a bit ?

disneypars 22 May 19 12:20 PM

That's good but will it recognise my TIW discount?

disney332 22 May 19 03:35 PM

Mobile ordering is already operating in QS restaurants, as we already know.

This news release relates to QS locations within certain Disney Resorts.

Disney332

miked1e 22 May 19 04:22 PM

Hope it comes to POFQ in the next 12 months. Staying again next year, and one of my biggest issues was having to wait in 2-3 different lines depending on what everyone wanted before you could go ahead and pay!

Ordering all together via this system would make it so much better... and at least mean that the food is possibly still hot by the time you sit down!

THE WIZARD 22 May 19 04:51 PM

Excellent idea, whilst waiting for the bus back to the resort we can order to pick up when we arrive back there - hopefully

TartanTink 23 May 19 06:37 AM

Just wondering if this will stop you being able to swap your drink for a snack and use your mug at the resorts, will you be tied into having a drink ?

Floridatilly 23 May 19 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TartanTink (Post 13860722)
Just wondering if this will stop you being able to swap your drink for a snack and use your mug at the resorts, will you be tied into having a drink ?

I don’t think you can swap your drink for a snack/desert at CBR.
Please correct me if I am wrong?

miked1e 23 May 19 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TartanTink (Post 13860722)

Good shout. Although no loss if not... only time we did this we didn’t eat the dessert (left in the fridge for another day).

However, would maybe pick a beer instead.

TartanTink 23 May 19 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridatilly (Post 13860757)
I don’t think you can swap your drink for a snack/desert at CBR.
Please correct me if I am wrong?

That’s what got me wondering as they already have mobile ordering, wonder if that option will go as mobile ordering is expanded ?