theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Stroller recommendations (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1184431)

keely21 1 Dec 20 08:42 AM

Stroller recommendations

I will be purchasing a stroller for when we go to disneyworld for my 3 year old as I dont want to take my pushchair from home which is quite bulky and hard to fold. Can anyone recommend a good inexpensive stroller for taking to the parks please. I will need one with a good hood for shade for my little girl and one that folds easily as I will also be using transportation as I'm staying offsite. Thank you.

nothingless 1 Dec 20 11:33 AM

Do you need it for the airport also? If not, I'd recommend renting a stroller instead. That's what we did on our 5-week Florida trip last year, we rented via Kingdom Strollers. Got a great quality stroller (The City Mini) for less than it'd cost to buy one - we too have a good one at home so I really just needed it for Florida. The rented one was used every single day for 5 weeks, it was worth it to not have a cheap one as my daughter took plenty naps in it and this one was so pleasant to push and collapse. It definitely looked a little worse for wear at the end of our trip - but it was not a problem with the rental company. I knew if I bought one, it'd never get used at home anyway (since we have a good quality one for home), so renting was perfect. We picked it up at MCO just before picking up our rental car. :)

EssexSue 1 Dec 20 12:39 PM

Are you staying in a Villa? Lots of Villas provide them we bought a couple and then we have had a few left.
If not Walmart have a good range reasonably priced.

keely21 1 Dec 20 03:07 PM

Staying in a hotel on international drive and I will definitely need one for the airport too so I will have to purchase before we travel.

nothingless 1 Dec 20 04:23 PM

Ah OK, gotcha! My 3-year-old walked in the airport a good bit, and rode on top of the wheelie suitcases when we had them so it saved the hassle of a stroller in the airport!

Well, I'm not sure if it counts as inexpensive, but the City Mini by Baby Jogger is for sale in the UK too and we loved it - it was easy to fold and lightweight when folded, yet comfy for my daughter to ride in, she slept pretty well in it, and comfortable for us to push! The hood on it is brill too, actually better than our expensive stroller at home!

The other stroller we really liked, was the Mutsy Nexo. This was a comfortable one with easy folding and takes up little space when folded. We tried it out in the store, and were pretty impressed with it for the price! :)

DonkeyCentreArf 1 Dec 20 10:17 PM

When our kids were little, we bought a cheap one in the UK so we could use it through the airport as well.

On our last day, I stood at the entrance to the TTC and gave it away to a family with small kids who were going to rent a stroller in the park.

sheluk 2 Dec 20 11:06 PM

We’ve now got the Baby jogger city tour 2 (meant for our October trip but will be coming next year now), we use it every day and love it. It’s biggest appeal is how it folds over on itself and can go into the overhead locker. Yet seems much sturdier than any cheap stroller you’d probably find over there.

We are also thinking of taking our double baby jogger (as we will have a 3 and 1 year old) but it’s so bulky.

MrsEgg 2 Dec 20 11:37 PM

I managed to get a second had City mini gt for £50 on a Facebook selling site, it was immaculate! it was fantastic, seat was a great size, so was the hood and really easy to push with the full bar handle rather than 2 separate handles which require to hands all the time.

Also the one pull fold on the city mini was amazing for folding up required, you saw a few people in awe when they were struggling to be quick collapsing theirs.

waiting4disney 2 Jan 21 07:09 PM

I'd second trying for a 2nd hand mini jogger.

Great shade, one hand easily foldable.

arielrocks 2 Jan 21 08:52 PM

Defo try and get a second hand BJ buggy, then you can resell it when you get back.