theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Advice on booking a Disney Hotel at short notice? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129722)

dippy lippy 21 May 19 09:32 PM

Advice on booking a Disney Hotel at short notice?

Hi - Have just booked flights to fly out in 2 1/2 weeks time.
Would like to do a 4/5 night stay in a disney hotel - any advice please on where is best to look to book at such short notice.

Never stayed on site before so any advice / recommendations greatfully received!

Will probably only be visiting Hollywood Studios, Epcot and water parks and would prefer one of the 'better' hotels.

This is for 2 adults (middle aged) only - no kids!

I do realise we will be missing out the advantage of booking fast passes 6 months beforehand but I am hoping it wont be too busy mid June.

Thank you

Moorlandman 21 May 19 09:52 PM

Try Expedia. They have 5 nights at Disneys Port Orleans resort for £1k.

Not stayed there myself but is highly recommended by Dibbers

June is usually quite busy in the parks so I would book your tickets now and reserve at least some fast passes

Disneynut23 21 May 19 09:56 PM

If your considering visiting Epcot/Hollywood studios have a look at the swan and dolphin hotels ( not Disney owned but onsite )

dippy lippy 22 May 19 09:26 AM

Thank you for advice - ideally looking for a hotel that has decent restaurants within walking distance and not too long to get to Epcot and Hollywood - any further suggestions greatfully received

Guest 22 May 19 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dippy lippy (Post 13859075)
Thank you for advice - ideally looking for a hotel that has decent restaurants within walking distance and not too long to get to Epcot and Hollywood - any further suggestions greatfully received

I think Swan & Dolphin as mentioned above would meet those requirements perfectly.

sha9 22 May 19 10:06 AM

The Swan or Dolphin would be ideal for your needs although I don’t have experience of booking those. Why not have a look at Hotwire? They give a picture of the hotels rooms and a list of 4 hotels it might be so normally easy to work it out. Otherwise I’d check out the usual suspects via somewhere like Trivago. Or sometimes BA have good deals on hotels.

Bozza 22 May 19 10:09 AM

When I did my solo trip I booked flights in the morning to fly the very same day. I phoned up Disney UK when I got to Gatwick but they were unable to help me, and I had to call Disney US when they opened up at 8am EST (1pm UK) which I did, booking Coronado Springs for my stay.

On our last family trip, we decided to go to WDW when we were at Universal the night before. Again, I just called Disney direct and booked. We were checking in about 13 hours later.

So, I'd suggest calling Disney!

Edit: just seen you're not going for 2.5 weeks, so not really short notice. You should just be able to use all the usual booking sites - Expedia, Virgin Holidays (hotel only), Booking.com and Disney's own site (try the US site as well as UK in case there are specific deals on).

sprocket 22 May 19 10:48 AM

The Disney US site often has last minute deals

dippy lippy 22 May 19 12:46 PM

Thank you all very much - great suggestions to get me started

Tea 22 May 19 04:28 PM

Disney US site has "up to" 25% off rooms and gift cards per night ($10/$15 and$20 respectively for value, moderate and deluxe)- click on the special offers link at the very bottom of the page on the US Disney home page.