theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Sun Screen Question (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128571)

Mclem 13 May 19 05:54 PM

Sun Screen Question

Hi folks

We will be in Orlando in 45 days time (not that I'm counting!)

What type, brand, protection factor, after sun, etc do you use in the July heat, and I assume it's better to buy from somewhere like Walgreens when you get there? We are 2 adults and 2 teenagers and brit-white - as they say! :cool2:

landandword17 13 May 19 06:01 PM

I’m lily white, burn very easily and used to get a sun rash the first few days so I don’t wait to buy out there because I’m afraid to try anything new in case it doesn’t work. I use La Roche Posay 50 and have never been burned and never developed a rash since I started using it. If anyone has any brand recommendations available in the US I’d be interested too.

loves2plan 13 May 19 06:04 PM

We buy before we go as we don't want to have to make a trip to the shops on our first day - we want to hit the parks!

I'm pale and burn easily. I've even burnt through certain brands of SPF50 in the past. It's not cheap, but I now use Ultrasun SPF 50 and it's great. Doesn't stain clothes either. For waterpark/pool days, I use P20 SPF50 as it's really water resistant, but I don't use it for park days as it's pretty greasy and does cause yellow stains.

Tigger71 13 May 19 06:09 PM

In our family we use:

PizBuin SPF 30 Allergy Protection Spray (for me as I easily get heat rash)

Rieman P20 SPF 30 (for the rest)

I buy before I go - looking out for good deals before summer starts.

Loulabelle18 13 May 19 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loves2plan (Post 13841834)
We buy before we go as we don't want to have to make a trip to the shops on our first day - we want to hit the parks!

I'm pale and burn easily. I've even burnt through certain brands of SPF50 in the past. It's not cheap, but I now use Ultrasun SPF 50 and it's great. Doesn't stain clothes either. For waterpark/pool days, I use P20 SPF50 as it's really water resistant, but I don't use it for park days as it's pretty greasy and does cause yellow stains.

That’s good to know re the non staining. I’ve wrecked so many white clothes in the past with horrid yellow stains :cry:

PoohBears#1fan 13 May 19 06:34 PM

Factor 50 Ambre Solaire, used it for as long as I can remember, I'm far too stuck in my ways to change!

Loulabelle18 13 May 19 06:39 PM

Does the Ambre Solaire stain? X

bernard301 13 May 19 06:42 PM

we use use p20 and have done ever since we first used it in St Lucia 8 years ago, never had any problems with staining however we tend to apply as we get out of the shower, then sort ourselves out before getting dressed

Andybear 13 May 19 06:46 PM

I use Superdrug Solait SPF 30 moisturising sun spray. It works well and has a pleasant smell.

toonarmani 13 May 19 06:48 PM

Variety of factor 20/30 or 50 (for the kids) sprays a long as they are 5-star rated :)