theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Options for no mousekeeping (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129356)

scotpod 19 May 19 04:03 PM

Options for no mousekeeping

Afternoon everyone :wave:

Hoping someone here can answer a couple of questions for me regarding opting out of mousekeeping.
I will be staying at all star resorts for 20 nights as a solo traveller so...

1. Do all star have the option for me to opt out of mousekeeping
2. how do I do it?
3. is it an "all or nothing" service (might just like a quick Hoover, sheets changed and bathroom area cleaned twice during my stay :blush:).
4. how to request fresh towels, bins emptied, etc
and finally
5.what is the voucher they offer you?

Sorry for all the questions, but as a solo traveller I am not likely to make much of a mess and was curious about this.
All information gratefully received :wavey:

candycat75 19 May 19 04:19 PM

They ask you on check in if you want it or not. It's $10 a night and you can ring and ask for new towels etc, we picked up some toilet rolls from the cleaners when they were outside our room. They still come in a few times a week to do a visual check.

scoobydooby 19 May 19 05:27 PM

Are you really going to want to go 20 days without having your loo cleaned? There are no toilet brushes left in the bathrooms.

aladdin 19 May 19 05:57 PM

Just a quick question on top of this, I hope you don’t mind, OP..

If you have two rooms booked, can you opt out on one room and not the other?

loves2plan 19 May 19 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aladdin (Post 13854178)
Just a quick question on top of this, I hope you don’t mind, OP..

If you have two rooms booked, can you opt out on one room and not the other?

Yes you can as they'll be separate bookings :)

Unexpectedpenny 19 May 19 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotpod (Post 13853921)
Afternoon everyone :wave:

Hoping someone here can answer a couple of questions for me regarding opting out of mousekeeping.
I will be staying at all star resorts for 20 nights as a solo traveller so...

1. Do all star have the option for me to opt out of mousekeeping
2. how do I do it?
3. is it an "all or nothing" service (might just like a quick Hoover, sheets changed and bathroom area cleaned twice during my stay :blush:).
4. how to request fresh towels, bins emptied, etc
and finally
5.what is the voucher they offer you?

Sorry for all the questions, but as a solo traveller I am not likely to make much of a mess and was curious about this.
All information gratefully received :wavey:

1 and 2. Yes. They’ll ask if you want the “service your way” and explain what it is. If they don’t offer it automatically then just ask if you can opt out of housekeeping.

3. People seem to be getting mixed results on that. I asked at FQ and they’d do a mid stay clean for $10. Others haven’t had that option.

4. You can leave used towels/rubbish by your door when you go out for the day. Or we’ve been putting small rubbish bags in the bin by the lift as we’ve left the room. You can phone using your in room phone to request more towels/toilet paper/rubbish bags/toiletries etc. They are really nice and happy to bring however many you ask for.

5. They emailed me a voucher. When you buy something or if you want to use it in a restaurant they just scan the email or take down the number. Someone recently said you can still get in a physical gift card form if you don’t have a phone though.
You can use the gift card pretty much everywhere :)

Shooby doo 19 May 19 07:27 PM

Just to pick up on something one of the posters stated incorrectly, they don't just go in your room several times a week, security go in your room every day! Ever since the crack pot in Las Vegas, they do a daily security check
SD:d:

Unexpectedpenny 19 May 19 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooby doo (Post 13854375)
Just to pick up on something one of the posters stated incorrectly, they don't just go in your room several times a week, security go in your room every day! Ever since the crack pot in Las Vegas, they do a daily security check
SD:d:

Yes this. We asked ours to be done in the morning if possible which has been fine for us at FQ but another dibber had trouble with them being able to commit to a certain time at Riverside.

jdouds 19 May 19 08:18 PM

Hi you seem to want the best of both worlds. Please to all dont opt out , do you want to stay in a room that has not been properly cleaned for 2/3 weeks. You may be clean but is everyone

candycat75 19 May 19 09:35 PM

Well they might have came into my room every day when we weren't there but they only knocked and came in twice in the week when I was actually there!