theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Disney Port orleans (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129084)

DisneyChasetown 17 May 19 04:36 PM

Disney Port orleans

Hi All

Next may we go. We have never stopped at Port Orleans

Can you recommend the best part to stay and best for the transportation please :wavey:

DisneyChasetown 17 May 19 04:40 PM

Sorry should have mentioned French quarter

Sunset girl 18 May 19 11:47 AM

It doesn’t matter what block you stay in they are all a couple of mins walk from the reception/restaurant/shop
We stayed in block 5 our garden view room was looking out towards the jacuzzi area

Belle1989 21 May 19 02:08 PM

There is a really good fan made website for Port Orleans, if you google it, it should come up. I have found it invaluable for our upcoming trip.

Potterer 21 May 19 02:52 PM

It's portorleans.org for a whole heap of information on the resort.

FQ is teeny so the walks aren't long at all for anything, and also super pretty.

We stay at POR in the furthest building from the food court (building 37) and it takes us 6 minutes at a leisurely pace to get from our room on top floor to the food court.

Sandraoh40 21 May 19 09:09 PM

I have just booked this for next year as well. Not my first time on site but first time on ddp. I’m pretty excited.

Rosemck 22 May 19 11:00 PM

Also staying at pofq next may! We stayed there last may too and it's by far my favourite moderate resort, everything is really close we were at the far end of building 1 and was about a minute if that to walk to the pool and main building but if there's an area you would like to be right next to it's worth putting in a room request

Sandraoh40 23 May 19 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosemck (Post 13860616)
Also staying at pofq next may! We stayed there last may too and it's by far my favourite moderate resort, everything is really close we were at the far end of building 1 and was about a minute if that to walk to the pool and main building but if there's an area you would like to be right next to it's worth putting in a room request

It’s May we are booked for as well :)

Rosemck 23 May 19 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 (Post 13860673)
It’s May we are booked for as well :)

Have you stayed at this resort before? It's so pretty and chilled out I'd happily never leave 😅

Sandraoh40 23 May 19 01:34 PM

We haven’t. Only ever stayed at cbr as normally offsite. It was a complete change of plan from what we originally had planned but I’ve always wanted to try the bubble thing with ddp. So we decided to just go for it. I’ve read on here nothing but good things about por and POFQ and although I would love to stay at bc or wl I just can’t justify the cost. I think that if I didn’t just bite the bullet and do it I probably never would.
It’s my 50 th next year and we are sailing over on the queen mary first then going to fly down. I’m so looking forward to it all :)