theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Halloween Horror Nights - Universal (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=597155)

spongebob10 13 Apr 12 04:54 PM

Halloween Horror Nights - Universal

I was just wondering, am I the only person that was terrified of the HHN at Universal last year?! I got into the park (reluctantly encouraged by my boyfriend) and didn't even get to the scare zones or any rides at all as I was terrified that I would bump into the ghools, then I cried and ran away! That was all I saw of the park and I only got as far as the Rip Ride and Rockit coaster before running away.

Was I missing a lot and do you think that the Disney one is better?!

VikkiSponge 13 Apr 12 04:59 PM

awww bless you :tongue: we went last year, I had no problems with the scare zones, did some rides, going on Jaws (RIP) at night was awesome.
I did have a problem with the houses though, it's not that I found them scary so much, it's that I'm a really jumpy person, I jump when the toaster pops for example, even when I know it's about too! :blush:
so yeah people jumping out on me every 10 seconds wasnt my idea of fun, and spoiled it for me as I was too worried about that too look at the rooms properly.
saying that we will go back next year.
My tip would be to have a couple of cocktails :tongue:

:thumbs-up

Guest 13 Apr 12 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VikkiSponge (Post 7259170)
awww bless you :tongue: we went last year, I had no problems with the scare zones, did some rides, going on Jaws (RIP) at night was awesome.
I did have a problem with the houses though, it's not that I found them scary so much, it's that I'm a really jumpy person, I jump when the toaster pops for example, even when I know it's about too! :blush:
so yeah people jumping out on me every 10 seconds wasnt my idea of fun, and spoiled it for me as I was too worried about that too look at the rooms properly.
saying that we will go back next year.
My tip would be to have a couple of cocktails :tongue:

I didn't know Jaws closed. The only time we hit Universal is for HHN and we haven't been in a couple of years. Thanks for the heads up!

hazelandannie 13 Apr 12 05:31 PM

Ok so I cried like a baby two years ago when I was pinned to the sidewalk by chucky.
It wasn't funny I was blinking terrified lol.

So I have a few cocktails and i got my brave on and enjoyed it :)
My mum always told us you don't need to drink to have fun but in this case boy did it help. So were going again this year and I'm going to make sure a couple of drinks are had before I enter because even sitting here now writing this I have butterflies in my tummy.

spongebob10 14 Apr 12 03:46 PM

Thanks for the tip, will definitely reconsider going there again this year after a few cocktails (and maybe sambuca shots) haha. My boyfriend was really upset that I would not even go on the rides and I was too. We couldn't even go on Jaws in the day as it was closed so did not get to go on it one final time :o(

So, are the scare actors outside of their zones i.e. if I was really careful could I get to the rides without a creepy person chasing me! x

nickymouse66 14 Apr 12 03:59 PM

:omg: I was terrified when we went! I did manage a couple of houses & scare zones though (I was very proud of myself ;)) My children put me to shame (DD2 was only 11 at the time) & almost died laughing when a chain saw wielding maniac decided to follow & then chase me :omg::omg: We will be going again this year :cry::(:erm:;)

VikkiSponge 15 Apr 12 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spongebob10 (Post 7262854)
So, are the scare actors outside of their zones i.e. if I was really careful could I get to the rides without a creepy person chasing me! x

as far as I can remember I didnt see any out of the zones, so if you get a map on the day i'm sure you could avoid them and get to most rides.
Just remember they can run at you all they like but they can't touch you.

DIBBadmin 15 Apr 12 12:16 PM

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.