theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Daftest thing I did in WDW (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1111691)

joe 70 7 Jan 19 09:07 PM

Daftest thing I did in WDW

Just for fun , I wondered what’s the daftest thing Dibbers had done in WDW whilst leaving their common sense at home.
I’ll kick it off with our first time onsite for my 40th Birthday at POR.:blush:
Checked in fine , nice CM says would you like some help with your luggage sir?
Me being a tight a**e says no thanks it’s just over the bridge. Cue myself , my wife , DD 8 and DD 2 in pushchair going over the wrong bridge towing 3 pull along suitcases in 30deg heat sweating like sinners in church on the most gruelling circular route to our room as tanned people in shorts and bikinis looked at us as if we had landed from the planet weirdo!
Oh how my wife laughed as we eventually collapsed into our room exhausted and dehydrated.
Never ever, ever again ;)

JudyC 7 Jan 19 09:15 PM

Not me, but my daughter got her foot caught in the tram rail on Main Street and twisted her ankle. She was working in WDW that summer and got a couple of days off work, plus a ride round from friends in a wheelchair for a day or two.

MinnieMrsA 7 Jan 19 09:35 PM

Got separated from DH on the walkway up to the monorail from MK (after someone spilt coffee everywhere and we both moved to dodge it) - and then managed to get to the monorail ahead of him. I went through the gate to board the monorail, realised it was closing on me and DH wasn't with me, turned around to find him and got stuck in the gate. I looked up to see DH laughing his head off at me stuck in the gate. I was less amused!

Twin mummy 7 Jan 19 09:43 PM

Not at WDW but at Universal.

I grabbed my daughter by the hand and ran her towards the ride height board. I tripped over my flip flop and "supermanned" into the board, slapped my daughter in the face with one hand and knocked myself out!

Had a huge lump in the middle of my forehead for the rest of the holiday but got free express passes for all of us for the day.

Kat11 7 Jan 19 09:46 PM

On our first morning we had an pre-park adr for BOG. As I approached the cast member to go beyond the castle he held his right hand out to scan my band, smiling as he did it and saying hello, my automatic reaction was to shake his hand! He politely shook it while scanning my band at the same time! Lol 😂 it was really embarrassing and my family found it hilarious. Doesn’t sound as funny writing it down as it was in real life but I hope you get my drift.

Kat

Lostbrain 7 Jan 19 09:58 PM

Dropped my prescription RayBans on Little Mermaid, never to been seen again. Just realised I probably could have claimed for them on travel insurance but I didn’t. Expensive and annoying to be without sunglasses.

pumpkin mom 7 Jan 19 10:23 PM

Running like a crazy woman to get the lynx 50 back to our hotel from the ttc I got my flip flop caught in the gutter as i stepped on the bus desperately trying to free it I then showered the driver with the fare all in quarters. My husband while trying to fold our buggy up let his balloon go so now barefoot i ran after it straight into a stop sign. It threw me backwards and cut my head.the faces of those people on the bus will stay with me forever.

Rach182 7 Jan 19 10:31 PM

Not at Disney but at Discovery Cove

My boyfriend had treated me to Disovery Cove for my birthday, I hadn't been paying attention and just assumed they gave out different coloured lanyards when checking in. After 4 or 5 cast members wished me a happy birthday, I asked my boyfriend how they knew it was my birthday for him to crack up and point it out to me on the lanyard.

NewtoOrlando 7 Jan 19 10:40 PM

Trying to get into a rubber ring in the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon with a bad back. Some American tried to help me but I ended up flipping over and wacking my back on the step...I really tried not to blub like a baby but I was in so much pain I ended up crying my eyes out, shouting at the man trying to help me & walked off very slowly with my tail between my legs in agony crying my eyes out with my then 10 year old looking at me and crying because she couldn’t go in the lazy river...it was a traumatic day 😂😂

lovedisney 7 Jan 19 10:46 PM

In discovery cove just about to get in the water and I trod on what ended up being a wasp or bee, hobbling over to a sunbed to take a look the life guard shouted out are you ok ? I said no I’ve trodden on something, before I knew what was happening she blew the whistle jumped off of her podium and then a first aider came rushing over with a wheel chair and first aid kit 😳 the kids were absolutely mortified 😂