theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Mary Poppins Afternoon Tea (Shard) (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128648)

BucksBugsy 14 May 19 09:12 AM

Mary Poppins Afternoon Tea (Shard)

So this is a very short trip report for those thinking about doing this.

The Mary Poppins afternoon tea experience takes place in the Aqua Shard restaurant on the 32nd floor of the Shard next to London Bridge station

We were doing this as part of a day trip to London where my OHs DS19 was presented with his gold dofe award

So back to the afternoon tea. It starts with you being seated in the restaurant and presented with a menu which is etched on the glass of a mirror.basically you get savoury sandwiches which are presented on a plate along with sweet items which are on a Mary Poppins inspired cake stand (see below).

As part of the package you get a choice of tea drinks (Mary Or bert) or a choice of soft drinks

I went for a coke but be aware that they are small bottles (200ml I think)

I enjoyed the food and the experience and if you want to do this I suggest you allow 90 minutes.

Would I recommend it ? It depends on your budget! I was glad we did it but probably wouldn't rush to do it again. But its ticked off the list.

Now for the cost ..are you ready ? For 3 of us it cost about £165.

Entry to the afternoon tea does not grant you access to the viewing platform - that is another £32 each.

So there you are...feel free to ask questions

BB

Sandra & co 14 May 19 09:16 AM

That looks nice but very expensive, my son and his girlfriend had a Chinese meal and it cost them just over £100 I think, then a room at the shard for the night before she went back to Canada cost them £550 without breakfast! :omg:

BucksBugsy 14 May 19 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandra & co (Post 13842769)
That looks nice but very expensive, my son and his girlfriend had a Chinese meal and it cost them just over £100 I think, then a room at the shard for the night before she went back to Canada cost them £550 without breakfast! :omg:

Those costs don't surprise me Sandra:)

keith1973 14 May 19 10:06 AM

Wow that’s a lot for afternoon tea

BucksBugsy 14 May 19 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 13842977)
Go up to Skygarden- one of our offices are in the building, it's free, and better views in my opinion. Book online for free.

Is that in the walkie talkie building? that is on the list for future :)

mouli1 14 May 19 06:59 PM

If you want the view for free ho to the Tate modern extension think it's called the blavinik building the view is awesome and free

tinker82 16 May 19 09:22 PM

Looks nice but wow that's expensive!

We're going to London in May half term & there are no tickets left for the sky garden so thanks for the tip mouli1 we shall check out the Tate modern as an alternative :)

lesley1960 16 May 19 10:07 PM

We had the taster menu dinner menu at Oblisk , ( with matching wines ) amazing experience

mouli1 17 May 19 12:35 PM

Or try 120 fenchurch st

Mamie Baldwin 18 May 19 08:28 PM

Congratulations to your son. My niece got her Gold award a few years ago and we did the Mad Hatter afternoon tea at the Sanderson.