theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How do you apply pass holder? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1177240)

Disney Nanny 24 Jul 20 08:26 AM

How do you apply pass holder?

Hi all

I will be purchasing the Universal AP before this offer ends.

I will then be booking a week September 2021 hotel but how do I apply the pass to get a hotel discount?

I have just done a dummy booking and it does not ask for any details?

Thank you

Wobbles 24 Jul 20 08:44 AM

Not all hotels are available for all dates for Annual Pass holders, it's not like a standard discount.

Keep checking this page - https://www.universalorlando.com/web...s-and-packages

Mary A 24 Jul 20 08:46 AM

And not all rooms available either, I.e. standard room unavailable but suite can be booked using annual pass discount.

outofdate 24 Jul 20 09:00 AM

I am thinking I might do the same for next August. I emailed them and they replied that AP discounts are released 3 months before. Not in my normal US timescale! So I might book with a low deposit and then look to see if the AP discount is available 3 months out on the room I am looking for.

Shooby doo 24 Jul 20 09:05 AM

I wouldn't automatically assume that the AP discount is going to be a better deal than you can get elsewhere, certainly the case when I've looked. Hotel discount is different in that you only need to prove you have an AP at check-in, ticket discounts for example you actually have to have the pass at time of purchase.
SD:d:

Disney Nanny 24 Jul 20 09:13 AM

Hi
have been checking that link (thank you) but when I enter dates for next september they tell me no dates available for the hotels and offer me the savvy rate?
Do they only release the pass holder discounts really close to the dates wanted?
Thank you

Disney Nanny 24 Jul 20 09:15 AM

Ahhh answered my last question

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofdate (Post 14587390)
I am thinking I might do the same for next August. I emailed them and they replied that AP discounts are released 3 months before. Not in my normal US timescale! So I might book with a low deposit and then look to see if the AP discount is available 3 months out on the room I am looking for.

So I will have to wait until 3 months prior wanting to stay for September 2021.

I wonder what the discount would be at Sapphire Falls for then? :erm:

Disney Nanny 24 Jul 20 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooby doo (Post 14587399)
I wouldn't automatically assume that the AP discount is going to be a better deal than you can get elsewhere, certainly the case when I've looked. Hotel discount is different in that you only need to prove you have an AP at check-in, ticket discounts for example you actually have to have the pass at time of purchase.
SD:d:

I've just done a dummy booking for this September and a massive difference per night against any other price I am seeing.
I know it could well change next year, but for me this is a no brainer.
I will be purchasing the AP and waiting nearer time to book a hotel.
Really not bothered which hotel either :)

Rescuer 24 Jul 20 04:11 PM

I think the earliest I’ve ever been able to book pass holders rates was in March for July. Never guaranteed they will be released for your dates but they are always fully cancellable up to I think the week before.
In February this year we had booked a split stay at different universal resorts for the week with APH rates. We ended up changing our booking and going with BA for a week at Aventura as the rate was way better than the APH.
The 3 express pass hotels have always worked out cheaper with the annual pass rate.

sha9 25 Jul 20 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny (Post 14587428)
I've just done a dummy booking for this September and a massive difference per night against any other price I am seeing.
I know it could well change next year, but for me this is a no brainer.
I will be purchasing the AP and waiting nearer time to book a hotel.
Really not bothered which hotel either :)

If you don’t care which hotel then you should be fine but you’ll just have to wait. We booked with the discount once before but often if you’re staying 4 nights or longer the “stay more save more” offer is better.